tModLoader TerraRE - Terraria Rebalance 2.0

thx for pointing it out. its been a long time and nobody told me about it xD
[doublepost=1481540317,1481540170][/doublepost]
i plan to do it in the holidays. im atm quite busy with university and use the free time that i have for my mods for games that i actually play and enjoy, im currently not playing terraria so its hard to get the motivation to update it.

Well, I decompiled the mod, and managed to get it working again. Two lines. Two lines of code changed, and it works. The aforementioned sound changes, of course, and useAmmo is changed from ProjectileID to AmmoID. There, all the work is already done to make the mod build and run, though I won't say that there are no bugs(haven't found any, though).

Well, I decompiled the mod, and managed to get it working again. Two lines. Two lines of code changed, and it works. The aforementioned sound changes, of course, and useAmmo is changed from ProjectileID to AmmoID. There, all the work is already done to make the mod build and run, though I won't say that there are no bugs(haven't found any, though).
mediafire link so more people can test ?

Need testing?

Great seeing the mod updated! :)

I was wondering, what ever happened to that improved Architect Gizmo Pack there was in one version of the mod?
I can see it on the old mod page at https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-rebalanced-tweaks-and-fixes.42890/ but it doesn't appear in this version of the mod? Why was it removed?
#wiring update
because u no longer need to equip informational and wiring accessories to gain their benefits and they also got ui elements to toggle their effects, some of the components would be useless in the master architect pack. the entire rework of how they worked and the wiring update made many changes obsolete so i decided to remove the entire item

So, I'm in a bit of a conumdrum. I really enjoy using the Quality Recipes mod, basically a remake of Quality of Life, but the various vanilla balances here are REALLY interesting and enjoyable ideas. Is there going to be massive conflicts if I tried to use them both, or should I disable QR in order to not conflict?

So, I'm in a bit of a conumdrum. I really enjoy using the Quality Recipes mod, basically a remake of Quality of Life, but the various vanilla balances here are REALLY interesting and enjoyable ideas. Is there going to be massive conflicts if I tried to use them both, or should I disable QR in order to not conflict?
interesting topic. ive actually been in contact with the author. there will be no direct conflict/ never be any direct conflict for one reason: my mod doesnt change any vanilla accessories. with my rewrite of the mod i gave u the option to choose if u want to use my modded rebalanced accessories or the vanilla ones. i made copies of every single one and u can switch between them with no cost. because of that u can use the crafting recipes from quality recipes and convert the created items to my modded ones. of course some combined accessories will now have two implementations but i recommend to simply use my implementations as i covered almost every single one of his. so yeah go for it, he got some nice recipes (just be careful that there are two recipes for the fishing accessories). Have fun :)

I seem to be having issues with the fish finder. What are the different fish types and how many do I need of them to craft the pocket guide?

Ah, the picture for it is out of date then. I had salmon, tetra, bass, and trout only. :p thanks!
the picture is not outdated. it clearly shows a book as the first ingredient. anyways have fun :)
edit: oh it was missing the atlantic cod. mb ^^ fixed it

Last edited:
Matakor is correct. The picture for the Fish Finder recipe on the first page is only showing the Book, Bass, Trout, Salmon, and Neon Tetra. The Atlantic Cod is not shown.
It is missing the antarctic cod though.
ohhh the atlantic cod is missing my bad xD thought he forgot the book. yeah will update that asap. will only take a second. thanks for reporting

edit: fixed it. while were on the topic of the item do you think its "balanced"? i mean its supposed to be a recipes for people who dont wanna grind fishing quests or have no luck doing so but want the cell phone. thats why it uses the most basic and easy to get fishes. this item can be done as soon as u get to a floating island, have a book and gotten a solidifier. maybe thats too early. should i add some easy to get hardmode ingredient to it? like gold dust to all three basic recipes (as they all have golden parts)? i love gold dust. if u want something to be hardmode only simply add gold dust to the recipes ^^

edit2: like this

Last edited:
ohhh the atlantic cod is missing my bad xD thought he forgot the book. yeah will update that asap. will only take a second. thanks for reporting

edit: fixed it. while were on the topic of the item do you think its "balanced"? i mean its supposed to be a recipes for people who dont wanna grind fishing quests or have no luck doing so but want the cell phone. thats why it uses the most basic and easy to get fishes. this item can be done as soon as u get to a floating island, have a book and gotten a solidifier. maybe thats too early. should i add some easy to get hardmode ingredient to it? like gold dust to all three basic recipes (as they all have golden parts)? i love gold dust. if u want something to be hardmode only simply add gold dust to the recipes ^^

edit2: like this
My opinion would be not to add Hardmode ingredients to the recipes. My reasoning is this: The Fish Finder is already the least overall useful component of the PDA/Cellphone. Most people, I think, would not care about it at all if it were not a component for those accessories. Every other component can be found before Hardmode, and I think the intention from the designers is for you to be able to create the Cellphone as soon as you get to the Dungeon and get access to the Tally Counter which, given sufficient luck in Fishing, will be the last component you need. Of course, the necessity for sufficient luck is exactly the sort of thing that entirely screws up your progression and can keep you from getting your Fish Finder and therefore your Cellphone until Hardmode. The crafting recipes in your mod work specifically to counter that, and I think changing the recipes to require Hardmode would be reneging on that counter.

I understand the desire not to make creating the Fish Finder too easy, like you're just giving us it for free, but if you want to modify the recipe, I would suggest rather than add easily obtained Hardmode items, you instead add slightly rarer pre-Hardmode items, like maybe put potions fish in the Fisherman's Pocket Guide, a Black Lens in the Sextant, and Wire and Meteorite in the Weather Radio.

I love all the changes this mod makes, but could I possibly request a version that changes the stats/recipes for the vanilla items, rather than making copies of every changed accessory?

Back
Top Bottom