tModLoader TerraRE - Terraria Rebalance 2.0

I love all the changes this mod makes, but could I possibly request a version that changes the stats/recipes for the vanilla items, rather than making copies of every changed accessory?

That's the whole point of the mod. It is meant to give you the option to choose between the mods condensed set of accessories and the vanilla versions.

That's the whole point of the mod. It is meant to give you the option to choose between the mods condensed set of accessories and the vanilla versions.
Yes, and by installing the mod, I have chosen the modded ones, and would prefer to not have to convert every accessory I get.

Also, a bug report, the Guardian Shield doesn't seem to count as a shield for the purpose of blocking with the Brand of the Inferno.

Yes, and by installing the mod, I have chosen the modded ones, and would prefer to not have to convert every accessory I get.

Also, a bug report, the Guardian Shield doesn't seem to count as a shield for the purpose of blocking with the Brand of the Inferno.

Some people chose to install the mod for other reasons. The only middle ground here would be creating a version that just replaces them and the current version.

I love all the changes this mod makes, but could I possibly request a version that changes the stats/recipes for the vanilla items, rather than making copies of every changed accessory?
thats actually what "terraria rebalanced" (aka the first version of this mod linked in the first sentence of the description ^^) did. but people wanted to have the choice of stacking emblems or doing this and that so i remade the mod from scratch (thats this mod TerraRE). there are a few bugs that i fixed with the rework and the old version is outdated as its for 1.3.0.8. if u have the c# knowledge go ahead and decompile it and fix it and change it. all my mods dont have their source hidden. but i wont keep multiple versions of the mod updated. i made this rework for the people so they had a choice; i was content with how terraria rebalanced worked. so sorry for the inconvenience.
thanks will look into it. i dont even know what that item does but thats what the wiki is for ^^. added the bug report to the description
thx for helping him already

edit: seems like the bug is easily fixable with the addition of one new line of code. ill also take the opportunity and add a visual effect to the guardian shield. but its 4am and i need to go to university in a few hours so gn8 ^^

Last edited:
Awesome! Another bug report having to do with the guardian shield, though: it doesn't seem to be properly providing immunity to the stoned debuff. Screenshot
hmmm great that somebody is actually testing this stuff... sry i commented out the effect when testing and forgot to reenable it ^^. gonna fix it asap as well as double check all changes i did. will release it over the weekend. now im off to university have a nice day ^^

edit: also great to see youre using my accessories. sry for the inconvenience ^^

hmmm great that somebody is actually testing this stuff... sry i commented out the effect when testing and forgot to reenable it ^^. gonna fix it asap as well as double check all changes i did. will release it over the weekend. now im off to university have a nice day ^^

edit: also great to see youre using my accessories. sry for the inconvenience ^^

Not a problem, just something I stumbled across while playing. Thanks for making the mod, it's really nice for consolidating and improving accessories in a close-to-vanilla playthrough. Have a nice day at school :)

Bug report. I seem to be unable to return the destroyer emblem back to it's components. It only cycles back to the non-expert version and to the expert version. I do have a tinkerer's workshop next to a demon altar.

Bug report. I seem to be unable to return the destroyer emblem back to it's components. It only cycles back to the non-expert version and to the expert version. I do have a tinkerer's workshop next to a demon altar.
thats intended. these recipes have been made so u can get rid of the mod version so u can uninstall the mod. only items like the guardian shield or the jump pack break down into their components. They are not there so you can break down your accessories and make something else out of them. but if people want that i could easily add it

Ah. If it's intended, then oh well. I mean, it's not like it's that hard to farm for. It is a cool thing to do, considering you have to have a demon/crimson altar near the table to be able to break them down in the first place. Having a few more able to break down would be nice.

Ah. If it's intended, then oh well. I mean, it's not like it's that hard to farm for. It is a cool thing to do, considering you have to have a demon/crimson altar near the table to be able to break them down in the first place. Having a few more able to break down would be nice.
ill consider it :)

One thing I actually wanted to comment on a while ago, but forgot is with regards to the Guardian Shield: I think the Pocket Mirror should be added earlier in the process, specifically as a part of the Ankh Shield. The reason for this primarily has to do with how radically the addition of the Paladin's Shield changes the usability of the item. See, the Ankh Shield is something that everyone is going to want to make, if they can. Stacking as many immunities as possible on one item has no downsides whatsoever. The Paladin's Shield however basically makes you a tank in the MMO sense, which is great if you want to be a tank, but somewhat detrimental if you don't want to do that.

Now, before I continue, I realise that this entire issue applies only to co-op multiplayer. For a singleplayer character this is all entirely irrelevant, no need to tell me that.
If you play as mage, ranger or summoner class, your armour wont have the highest possible ratings, and you'll favour damage over defence to begin with, so the thought of using an item that makes you absorb damage from your teammates can seem very unattractive, even when you figure in the 6 additional Defense. That means that you're effectively standing there with your Ankh Shield and having to decide; do I upgrade to Guardian Shield and take additional damage whenever I'm in a party, or do I keep my Ankh Shield and forgo immunity to Stoned.

If the Pocket Mirror was made an Ankh Shield component rather than added in the last step, this issue would not exist. The Ankh Shield alone would provide all of the relevant immunities, and the choice to upgrade to Guardian Shield would solely involve whether you are willing to play a tank. It would also be more thematically appropriate given that all the other debuff immunities are part of the Ankh Shield. Lastly, it would give you the ability to add Stoned immunity to your composite accessory relatively early in Hardmode, when Medusas are still very dangerous, rather than having to wait until after Plantera when they are no longer all that threatening.

One thing I actually wanted to comment on a while ago, but forgot is with regards to the Guardian Shield: I think the Pocket Mirror should be added earlier in the process, specifically as a part of the Ankh Shield. The reason for this primarily has to do with how radically the addition of the Paladin's Shield changes the usability of the item. See, the Ankh Shield is something that everyone is going to want to make, if they can. Stacking as many immunities as possible on one item has no downsides whatsoever. The Paladin's Shield however basically makes you a tank in the MMO sense, which is great if you want to be a tank, but somewhat detrimental if you don't want to do that.

Now, before I continue, I realise that this entire issue applies only to co-op multiplayer. For a singleplayer character this is all entirely irrelevant, no need to tell me that.
If you play as mage, ranger or summoner class, your armour wont have the highest possible ratings, and you'll favour damage over defence to begin with, so the thought of using an item that makes you absorb damage from your teammates can seem very unattractive, even when you figure in the 6 additional Defense. That means that you're effectively standing there with your Ankh Shield and having to decide; do I upgrade to Guardian Shield and take additional damage whenever I'm in a party, or do I keep my Ankh Shield and forgo immunity to Stoned.

If the Pocket Mirror was made an Ankh Shield component rather than added in the last step, this issue would not exist. The Ankh Shield alone would provide all of the relevant immunities, and the choice to upgrade to Guardian Shield would solely involve whether you are willing to play a tank. It would also be more thematically appropriate given that all the other debuff immunities are part of the Ankh Shield. Lastly, it would give you the ability to add Stoned immunity to your composite accessory relatively early in Hardmode, when Medusas are still very dangerous, rather than having to wait until after Plantera when they are no longer all that threatening.
thats indeed a valid thought process. the main reason i put it in the guardian shield was because its an easy and fast solution. both the paladin shield and the pocket mirror have a stupidly low drop chance. i could make the pocket mirror craftable but it doesnt matter how expensive the crafting recipes is it would cut way too much grinding time to be balanced and essentially remove medusa as a threat from the game. so i opted to add it to the guardian shield. second reason was that most people will already have an ankh shield when updating/installing this mod. adding the stoned immunity to it would essentially gift them a pocket mirror for free. so your idea is great for a new playthrough and im not done deciding if i keep the current recipe or not but at the time of implementing it it was the logical solution to add it to the guardian shield. thanks for the feedback

Is there any way to still stack Fire Gauntlet, Avenger Emblem and the Warrior Emblem ?
I know the reason this was disabled was due to them being OP but is there any way I could edit the file so they are still stackable ?

Is there any way to still stack Fire Gauntlet, Avenger Emblem and the Warrior Emblem ?
I know the reason this was disabled was due to them being OP but is there any way I could edit the file so they are still stackable ?
you could simply not use my items. its the entire reason i made it optional. if u wanna stack your damage items simply dont use my ones ;)
so simply use the vanilla emblems or convert the modded ones back to vanilla ones if u already made them

you could simply not use my items. its the entire reason i made it optional. if u wanna stack your damage items simply dont use my ones ;)
so simply use the vanilla emblems or convert the modded ones back to vanilla ones if u already made them
I see, well I don't want to uninstall the mod I enjoy everything else added by it.
Ill figure it out and if I manage to stack them Ill leave instructions here for anyone else.

I see, well I don't want to uninstall the mod I enjoy everything else added by it.
Ill figure it out and if I manage to stack them Ill leave instructions here for anyone else.
no you misunderstood. i have not changed a single vanilla accessory with this mod. so you can still stack them. u cannot stack the modded versions. so simply use the vanilla emblems and use the modded accessories for everything else. thats the entire reason why u need to convert accessories into modded version. so you can choose if u wanna stack emblems or not.

for example u can equip: modded guardian shield, modded elemental boots, vanilla warrior emblem, vanilla mechanical glove, vanilla avenger emblem and vanilla fire gauntlet (this loadout would leave you without wings or celestial shell so its not recommended ;) ). u simply cannot stack modded emblems. u can still stack vanilla emblems and mix and match them with other modded items if u wanna go "max damage".
this would be 15+12+12+10% melee damage with four items. the modded avenger emblem upgrades grant 20%. so you kinda get 2ish vanilla emblems with my mod. look at the math section where i explain emblem stacking with vanilla and modded accessories for more details on the maximum numbers with buffs and everything.

Last edited:
no you misunderstood. i have not changed a single vanilla accessory with this mod. so you can still stack them. u cannot stack the modded versions. so simply use the vanilla emblems and use the modded accessories for everything else. thats the entire reason why u need to convert accessories into modded version. so you can choose if u wanna stack emblems or not.

for example u can equip: modded guardian shield, modded elemental boots, vanilla warrior emblem, vanilla mechanical glove, vanilla avenger emblem and vanilla fire gauntlet (this loadout would leave you without wings or celestial shell so its not recommended ;) ). u simply cannot stack modded emblems. u can still stack vanilla emblems and mix and match them with other modded items if u wanna go "max damage"

Yes I understood that, I want to be able to stack the modded versions that you added.

I've been trying to remove the items from the blacklisted list, to disable the code, even tried to completely remove the code that blacklists them, I looked into every code even in the individual items code but I had no success. :(

Yes I understood that, I want to be able to stack the modded versions that you added.

I've been trying to remove the items from the blacklisted list, to disable the code, even tried to completely remove the code that blacklists them, I looked into every code even in the individual items code but I had no success. :(
so... you want to stack a 20% avenger emblem with a 20% mechanical glove and a 20% fire gauntlet?...didnt think you wanted to get even more overpowered than in the vanilla game but ok. to make it possible u need to put the decompiled source code into the mod sources folder in your my games/terraria/tmodloader directory. then u need to delete the CanEquipAccessory method out of every single emblem item. after that go into game and recompile the mod source with tmodloader. i will not grant support for any modifications you make. these instructions should achieve your desired result (being able to stack modded accessories) but if u need more basic instructions on how to setup your game for modding, how to setup an ide like visual studio for modding, how to read c# etc follow the links posted on the tmodloader page. have fun ^^

edit: all old emblems are under accessory/old/emblems/ and the new ones are simply in accessory/new/. should be around 25-30 items iirc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom