tModLoader TerraRE - Terraria Rebalance 2.0

hey guys, I'm back/ I'll be back in 3 days. I have already contacted @Freedbot and we will be discussing the future of this mod and will be getting this back in the mod browser asap. thanks for your continued support and for respecting my rights.

Sigh, basically. As modders often do, Goldenrevolver and I couldn't reach an agreement. As I'd posted previously I finished the mod already and asked for permission to post. Goldenrevolver offered to work on it together instead, which was fine by me. However, he didn't like what I added and I didn't like where he wanted to go with it. He also brought up the question of my choice to include some of the features from the Quality of Life: Recipes mod. These mods overlap drastically so they can't be used together, so I took some of the standout features. I have permission from @abluescarab to use it. However, even though the original author of QoL (@INFINITE POWER) posted his source code and said he was never working on it again, he never explicitly wrote a license to let people use it. By that logic, all the ported versions of QoL and myself are in violation of site policy.

You can blame me for the cooperation failing because I'm the one who walked away from it. I left on friendly terms and intend on keeping them friendly so I will not post the mod. I don't know why the mod isn't updated anyway though because all he has to do at this point is delete everything he doesn't like and post something. I gave him my source code and permission to do whatever he wants to it.

I might be convinced to work from scratch and make a new mod to surpass Metal Gear. Really I should have done that in the first place... but before that I need a few things: 1. a truck load of motivation. 2. a spriter, seriously I can't art at all. 3. A sturdy wall to beat my head into until I forget all of Goldenrevolver's code I worked on so I don't end up copying anything accidentally. 4. about 3 months of work in the little free time I have.

A new mod to surpass Metal Gear ? That's madness !

I see, I wanted to do a no accessory effect overlap thingy myself since the mod was dead, but if you'll be able to rewrite it from scratch, it makes no sense for me to "copy" the mod's main "balancing feature".
My mod's accessories are way too OP and I need to code something similar to his mod anyways.

I hope somehow this mod has a way to come back from the dead :( I had to hunt for ages to even find this since I couldn't remember the name... I used to use this mod before going on hiatus for ... gosh, prolly about a year from Terraria on the whole. I tried to open up my old character and world, but there's several trinkets unique to this mod, so now I just have Warded Unloaded Items and such. I even downloaded the mod manually from the Nexus, but it won't load under the current tmod system :| So I've got no way to break apart my accessories and get the components back. But frankly, I'd rather the mod come back to life than just getting old junk back. This was a good addition to the game, it's a shame to see it dead.

:O Thank you!!! That absolutely let me get at my missing items. I had the Magic Worm Cuffs, and mod-specific versions of the Moon Stone and Moon Shell.

Back
Top Bottom