Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we will see a fix for the bug of cultists not spawning if the top of the dungeon has been modded at all? My main (normal) world I flattened the entire surface, including the dungeon entrance, so I cant do any of the Lunar events on it. I really don't want to have to make a new normal world just to farm the lunar event (I cant beat it on expert yet)
I think an in-game, vanilla ability place Monster spawning walls (i.e. natural dirt / mud / snow / cave / sandstone / hive walls as well as natural dungeon walls and natural temple walls) would be the easiest way to deal with this problem. And it would give us the the ability to easily make custom "dungeons" as well.

Either an accessory that allows us to place natural walls, or a wand tool (like bone wand or hive wand), or a crafting station that lets us craft the walls directly.

Regarding the Phantasm - I posted this back on page 23, I think we need some clarification.

The Phantasm, to me, is "on par" with the Tsunami. They're relatively the same. However, being an end game bow, I'd expect it to do a *little* more (just not what it was doing before 1.3.0.3). And although your DPS can be potentially lower than the Tsunami thanks to arrow arcing and consistency in successful hits being a bit more difficult, I'd still choose it for the 66% no-arrow-consumption bonus.

However, I don't use the Phantasm much (or the ranger class for that matter), so keeping in mind that I really have no opinion on it, I do feel it needs a slight, slight buff for an end game bow, if only to supersede the Tsunami and nothing else. Just a thought.

For the record, I like all of the changes brought forth so far, and I encourage everyone to experiment with ideas outside of their comfort zone. Try a mage/warrior/summoner class, or a combination of weapons. Or maybe even build an arena, and take some ideas from other people. There's a wealth of possibility beyond what is "the best".

OH I SEE WHY OUR TESTS ARE DIFFERENT NOW! He used Lumanite arrows, which pierce. When an enemy is hit with a piercing weapon they have a small period if invincibility. This makes the Tsunami hit only 4 arrows instead of 5. For some reason the Phantasm isn't affected by this, making the Phantasm more efficient with Lumanite arrows. The Tsunami should have 25% more DPS than what is stated by his test.

I'm just going to bring up one of my previous posts because it seems to have been largely skipped.

Since a lot of people are having problems with finding Probes now maybe the solution would be for Probes to spawn at their pre-1.3.0.4 frequency, but only during a certain moon phase (New moon perhaps).
as it turns out, people having trouble finding them is actually due to a bug. whenever there are cultists with a tablet active at the dungeon entrance, the probes see that as a boss fight and will not spawn. The devs have already been made aware of this, and it will likely get patched in the next hotfix. in the mean time, it is possible to work around the bug: kill the cultists to spawn the lunatic cultist, then either die or mirror back home to cause him to despawn. now you can find martian probes until the cultists respawn. sometimes when using this method the probe will escape and give the message that martians are invading, but will not actually start the invasion. in this case, save and exit and then load the game back up - the invasion should start as soon as you get in game. I have personally had success with this method.

I think an in-game, vanilla ability place Monster spawning walls (i.e. natural dirt / mud / snow / cave / sandstone / hive walls as well as natural dungeon walls and natural temple walls) would be the easiest way to deal with this problem. And it would give us the the ability to easily make custom "dungeons" as well.

Either an accessory that allows us to place natural walls, or a wand tool (like bone wand or hive wand), or a crafting station that lets us craft the walls directly.

I have all the materials I harvested from modding the dungeon still... but I will never be able to get it back to exact original configuration. I have heard people having probs getting it to spawn with even a couple blocks out of place, let alone as extensive as what I have done.

They just need to change the spawn mechanics for the Cultists

I'll still prefer it over S.D.M.G. I'll agree there does seem to be a drastic change in the weapons abilities between Pillar and Moon Boss, though. That doesn't just apply to Ranged however.

You're absolutely correct. Nebula Blaze uses up too much mana to be effective for sustained DPS against bosses.

Fixed Martian Probe / Cultists spawning while other important things are happening (boss fights, invasions)
So you can't trigger Martian Madness during Celestian Invasion anymore?

as it turns out, people having trouble finding them is actually due to a bug. whenever there are cultists with a tablet active at the dungeon entrance, the probes see that as a boss fight and will not spawn. The devs have already been made aware of this, and it will likely get patched in the next hotfix. in the mean time, it is possible to work around the bug: kill the cultists to spawn the lunatic cultist, then either die or mirror back home to cause him to despawn. now you can find martian probes until the cultists respawn. sometimes when using this method the probe will escape and give the message that martians are invading, but will not actually start the invasion. in this case, save and exit and then load the game back up - the invasion should start as soon as you get in game. I have personally had success with this method.
Great, this post saves me the research in the bug section. Was going to do that since i`m back home now. What a shame that i have to escape a bossfight to get some dudes to spawn-_- Thanks!

Hello everyone, i have a big problem and noone hasnt sayd this problem yet.

I was a plaiyng with friend like 5 minutes on some world.
Then on night (now) i tried to join other friend, i couldnt, it sayd ''Joining *friends name* ''
so i Reinstalled the game and still wasnt working, i verified the files and sayd ''found one file that couldnt be verified'' but thats nothing, i have it always, so does friends.
So i dont know what to do, i tried everything! :( I do have 1.3.0.4 so as does friend, this once hapend to me at 1.3.0.4 but i fixed it by reinstalling it.

Please help me! :( Thanks for all anwsers! :)

This Martin is spy!

I'm using Nebula Armor and my mount is a UFO. I continuously try to dodge his attacks and use a laser machine gun to get as many buffs off of hitting him as possible.

I don't know if you played before 1.3.0.2, but that was when the debuff was introduced. It should never have been added in the first place, they're just restricting our item uses.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436656546,1436656458][/DOUBLEPOST]The debuff that he gives you when his leech bites you. It prevents Spectre Armor (With the Hood) and Vampire Knives from healing you.

I don't know if you played before 1.3.0.2, but that was when the debuff was introduced. It should never have been added in the first place, they're just restricting our item uses.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436656546,1436656458][/DOUBLEPOST]The debuff that he gives you when his leech bites you. It prevents Spectre Armor (With the Hood) and Vampire Knives from healing you.
oook who are you talking to

It isn't exactly easy to find a crash that randomly happens for no reason. Any extra details you can provide would be much appreciate. :)
It happens whenever I play with my older accounts or on my older worlds. When playing with my two previous Characters the game will always crash on any world (Without exception). When I play through my new world with my new character everything is just fine, however if I bring him to my old world the game will crash in a couple minutes.

You're seriously arguing that? Well, if anyone who doesn't like building doesn't have the time or will to place 30 blocks over his head to protect himself from the lasers... well then one can always try dodging and dying. This isn't really worth discussing anymore.

then why continue I said my piece yet you still replied not everyone acts like you get over it. respond if you wish this is my last reply to you .

then why continue I said my piece yet you still replied not everyone acts like you get over it. respond if you wish this is my last reply to you .
No the problem is: hes right. Its the final boss. THE FINAL BOSS. Hes supposed to be the ultimate challenge with MAXIMUM precautions and preparations. Hes gonna beat you and spit on your corpse if you dont. And well, if you cant take 10 minutes to build an arena or 30 minutes to craft a ton of potions, thats your fault. If you think that you need no preparation, and all you needed to do was get in the action at the click of a button, well than you dont really have much experience with how final boss battles work, or you're too accostumed to get everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom