Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the final boss. You do need to invest some time to prepare for the fight one way or another. I hope you're not fighting it without buff potions.
Oh, I did, with ironskin, endurance, life reach, mana power etc. oh and with an arena, I still died...
[DOUBLEPOST=1436472374,1436472347][/DOUBLEPOST]
and why wouldn't you have time? you can always build it later.
Because some people who play this game aren't 10. And have commitments.

Ok, but what if you don't have time to build a special arena and you just want to kill him?

Well then, my friend, avoid playing on expert and stick to normal. :)

Also, it takes about 15 minutes to build the arena which I use, so you can't really say that you don't have time to build it. The time you spend flying around the map fighting him without the arena should be longer than what you spend building one. And it lets you defeat him faster every consecutive time from then on.

And lol, I don't mod. Why would I? It ruins all of the fun.

Seriously, why is everyone so mad about the moonlord, because a clear cheesing method was removed from the game?

I also wonder why is it so hard to create an arena and deal with him there. Most of his attacks can be avoided that way. Fighting him in the open world really isn't wise to do anyway, so arena seems like the best idea to deal with the guy. He deserves one, too, as he isn't a joke and that's what's great about him.

I'm honestly wondering whether people are just lazy to build arenas or to think of an actual strategy other than sma:red:ba:red:, or what? I have killed him over 30 times so far and have no issues doing it with any class, without teleporting to the nurse. Terraria offers you to use the terrain, so why not doing it like that? I guess that's it just easier to cry how he's hard so that he gets nerfed...

*sigh* I just had to let this out of me, because it really is annoying seeing people state that he's that hard, whilst others beat him regardless of his buffs. If it offended someone, I'm sorry, it wasn't the point of the post.

For me, because I just don't have the free time to fight through the Lunar Event, face the Moon Lord, get killed, and start all over again until I find a strategy/arena that works. Thus, I resort to cheesy methods.
If I had enough free time and the Lunar Event didn't get so repetitive and monotonous, I'd practice until I could beat him in a fair fight.

Well then, my friend, avoid playing on expert and stick to normal. :)

Also, it takes about 15 minutes to build the arena which I use, so you can't really say that you don't have time to build it. The time you spend flying around the map fighting him without the arena should be longer than what you spend building one. And it lets you defeat him faster every consecutive time from then on.

And lol, I don't mod. Why would I? It ruins all of the fun.
WHAAA!? A person who doesn't mod...on PC, you sir are a rare species. Ok. I have done so before but I still die.

WE HAVE A PROBLEM.The fix for the shadow orbs unfortunately made it impossible to get band of starpower on a crimson world.The biggest thing that is unfair about this is the fact that mages miss out on the celestial cuffs.Well not like a dev is going to notice this
Thats how it was in the first place. Just create a new world and try to get it.

WHAAA!? A person who doesn't mod...on PC, you sir are a rare species. Ok. I have done so before but I still die.
So, just because someone is on pc, you automatically think they mod. Not everyone is like that. You are also mad that a cheesing tactic got removed. That is that. A cheesing tactic that made the Final Boss easier than he should be. Don't just expect him to be like every other boss. So lets say they got rid of the leech debuff. Bam Mages and Melee can make him easier. Rangers and Summoners still have to fight like they haven't gotten rid of the buff because they aren't effected by it.

tl;dr: They do all these things to the Moon Lord because he is the Final Boss. He shouldn't be just a walk in the park. And don't Assume every one on Pc mods or does things unlegit.

Last edited:
For me, because I just don't have the free time to fight through the Lunar Event, face the Moon Lord, get killed, and start all over again until I find a strategy/arena that works. Thus, I resort to cheesy methods.
If I had enough free time and the Lunar Event didn't get so repetitive and monotonous, I'd practice until I could beat him in a fair fight.
Agreed, I just want a way to spawn him without the most boring event in the game.

I've seen so many people on PC kill him as a 'first kill' but they have the armor you get from killing him!?

Phantasm was nerfed a little too hard. It is now "much" weaker than the Tsunami in terms of dps.

Shooting 1 less arrow is already 20% less dps, but after testing both of them on training dummies extensively, the dps seems to be more like 30-40% less than a Tsunami.

I thought with the Phantasm's faster speed it would at least even things out more than this, unless the dps meter isn't quite accurate and focuses more on burst damage than the actual "damage per second". (This is a possiblity)

I'll continue playing around with it to see if there's anything skewing the results. Other people should test around with them as well.

If the Phantasm is left like this, it might just end up becoming a relic just a fast as it came into existence.

EDIT: Just tested them both on 10 golems, switching bows after each golem, and testing different arrows every two golems. Now it's pointlessly weak compared to the tsunami. Unless the alien equipment was never meant to compete with the fishron equipment, that's more than a slight nerf.

Last edited:
yes, people mod. Get over it. If you don't like it there is one simple solution. Here it is.....

Don't mod!

I'm sure they don't balance the game to modders. If they do shame on them but I highly doubt it. If red finds it too difficult I'm sure he'll nerf it. It is expert mode on a game that doesn't have much after killing him so it needs to be really, really tough. I like a smoother play through so I stuck with normal.

I had a glitch when I equipped the "Radar" my baby skeletron head duplicated another one them both being identical, this happened twice before I forced the game to shut down without saving anything and then I just took of the accessory and never used it again, until I crafted the PDA which I didn't use because I just crafted it into the cell phone and I have not had the problem since.

That's not a good attitude. Your view of the PC players is very skewed.
Nope, I just saw much less modding when I played console. Back in the good old Halo CE to 3 days when skill was actually required in ranked matches. I say GG to a player on PC, they reply with "f*ck you". I say GG to someone when playing Halo 3 in 2006, they said "GG"

I say GG to someone when playing Halo 3 in 2006, they said "GG"
funny..I usually hear a 9 yearold tell me he bedded my mother :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am VERY happy to see that the fishing achievements have been fixed I've done the "Good little slave" one three times already hopping that it would work each time, can't wait to get my fishing grind back on for that 200 quests achievement knowing it will work.

Because something about my achievements just doesn't seem right...
o74vt4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom