Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can afford to get hit on expert, the only thing you really gotta dodge is the phantasmal death ray, or the destroyers body. other than that, you can easily afford hits, even at 100 damage taken, when you got proper accessories like the worm scarf and other defensive boosts along with some mobility. Also, you can pretty much simulate the mana flowers auto potion by using those manually.

Also regarding that phantasm nerf: From my point of view the phantasm should out-DPS the Tsunami in most, if not all cases, just for the simple fact, that is a higher Tier bow, as in: The highest Tier bow currently available.

One may argue that the Tsunami is a boss drop, but if we are given a new End-game-tier Bow, why make it worse than already existing bows? Unless you can give some serious reason for doing so, I'll have to agree on the Phantasm being overly nerfed. Period.
Except it still has pretty much the same dps as Tsunami.

Why did you nerf the Phantasm?
i dont think it was to strong i mean you are slow if you are in stelf waht is komplitly usless if you play alone,you need powerfull weapons for dat.
i never had problems to survive with evry other class in the lua event
the mage is bloody op,you need noting to survive if you got all this buffs i mean i STAY in the solar piler areal doing noting but spray and rek everything wahts nearby.
the melee has his mobility , def AND the schild explodes if something touchs you beside 30% damage reduce
i mean if the range armore give you are doge chane like the ninja gear (black belt) if you in stelfmode that would be more helpful
even if you play ofline

(sorry for my bad englisch)

Except it still has pretty much the same dps as Tsunami.

He is saying that Phantasm belongs to a higher tier, and therefor should do more dps than Tsunami. I haven't seen comparisons between other counterparts between Fishron and Pillar weapons though, so I don't know what kind of difference there should be.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436548833,1436548755][/DOUBLEPOST]
... I guess that is enough for now... great game keeps getting better. I still prefer playing on the XBOX, but the PS4 version is growing on me (got to have that big screen TV and a soft couch to play on)... but the PC version has so much more stuff in it... can't wait for the consoles to catch up. (I own 3 version of Terraria)

Thanks!
~Jim

PC can play with a big screen, controller, and a soft couch too :p Though, I'll agree the UI and control scheme on the console versions is better for when using a controller.

He is saying that Phantasm belongs to a higher tier, and therefor should do more dps than Tsunami. I haven't seen comparisons between other counterparts between Fishron and Pillar weapons though, so I don't know what kind of difference there should be.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436548833,1436548755][/DOUBLEPOST]

PC can play with a big screen, controller, and a soft couch too :p Though, I'll agree the UI and control scheme on the console versions is better for when using a controller.

Phantasm was too op.
If it's nerfed, people will complain.

And hell, no one complained when the Nebula Blaze did less dps than Razorblade Typhoon. Or that Daybreak is worse than North Pole. Phantasm is way to op, and i still think the nerf was deserved. People are abusing it to the final boss, which takes the whole fun out of it. It's supposed to be super hard. He isn't a joke and he's not supposed to be.

Well crying about it isn't gonna solve it. You KNOW the Phantasm was too overpowered, and the Tsunami is the only replacement. Besides, idk what is wrong with you if you're having trouble with the Tsunami and killed him fine with the Phantasm. I didn't see a difference, my friends didn't see a difference, no one i know saw a difference except you. I'm killing ML just as fast with the Tsunami.
The phantasm wasn't too overpowered at all. To get the extreme DPS that they nerfed it for you needed a good ranged set. The vortex armor allowed you to deal insane damage with the phantasm, but if you got hit by something like the moon lords phantasmal beam, you would take enough damage to put yourself in peril of dying. Even with the vortex armor and the phantasm, I needed to use the nurse trick to stay in the fight. No difference!? I think 30 less damage, and nerfing the extra homing arrows until the point of them only doing 15-20 damage is most certainly a difference.

Phantasm was too op.
If it's nerfed, people will complain.

And hell, no one complained when the Nebula Blaze did less dps than Razorblade Typhoon. Or that Daybreak is worse than North Pole. Phantasm is way to op, and i still think the nerf was deserved. People are abusing it to the final boss, which takes the whole fun out of it. It's supposed to be super hard. He isn't a joke and he's not supposed to be.

I agree the Phantasm seemed a little excessive, from what everyone is saying I haven't actually used it. But, if Lunar is meant to be a higher tier than the moons/fishron than all of those seem like problems to me :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1436549276,1436549164][/DOUBLEPOST]
The phantasm wasn't too overpowered at all. To get the extreme DPS that they nerfed it for you needed a good ranged set. The vortex armor allowed you to deal insane damage with the phantasm, but if you got hit by something like the moon lords phantasmal beam, you would take enough damage to put yourself in peril of dying. Even with the vortex armor and the phantasm, I needed to use the nurse trick to stay in the fight. No difference!? I think 30 less damage, and nerfing the extra homing arrows until the point of them only doing 15-20 damage is most certainly a difference.

If the extra arrows really only deal 15-20 that seems almost inconsequential and reducing a rather unique effect to more of a lame gimmick. I'll still probably use it because it still looks cool, though. :p

WASN'T TOO OVERPOWERED AT ALL?

I'm sorry, but now you're just messing with me.
Plus, killing Moon Lord hands in 5 seconds.
It had 7k DPS on test dummies WITHOUT THE HOMING ARROWS (which now do nothing).
It already has one of the highest dps of the whole game, 5k to 7k, and you want it even bigger?

What now? Costs no ammo? 10000 Damage per shot? All arrows home in to enemies?

The difference is not stupid-high, overall but it is fairly noticeable. That said, having the Phantasm and the Tsunami on the same DPS (If we assume that this is actually the case), just does not feel right. The Stardustdragon surpasses the sharknado by a huge margin. The flairon is clearly inferior to that new solar eruption. I would still choose to use razorblade typhoons over nebula arcanum in some cases, but when facing the everyday trash-mobs nebula blaze gets the job done nice, fast and easy. And let's be honest here, bows haven't gotten too much love aside of the magic quiver and the shroomite set (Which is now outclassed). I mean, these new bows for the early game are really nicely done and unique in their own right, I can definately appreciate that, but an end-game-bow like the phantasm as it is now, is a sad sight. Now its greatest benefit is the reduced ammo consumption, which may encourage using higher tier ammo, but even in that respect the Tsunami outclasses the phantasm by firing 5 for the price of one, so why even consider using the phantasm in the first place now???

The phantasm was way too strong. Anyone that says differently needs to share the drugs they're using with me.

Phantasm made Moon Lord way too easy. and the nerf was well-deserved. I checked the phantasm dps vs Tsunami dps, Phantasm is still higher. just not by a lot..
Just because people can't kill the ML anymore because the broken weapon they used got nerfed properly doesn't mean the Crying rampage is necessary.

WASN'T TOO OVERPOWERED AT ALL?

I'm sorry, but now you're just messing with me.
Plus, killing Moon Lord hands in 5 seconds.
It had 7k DPS on test dummies WITHOUT THE HOMING ARROWS (which now do nothing).
It already has one of the highest dps of the whole game, 5k to 7k, and you want it even bigger?

What now? Costs no ammo? 10000 Damage per shot? All arrows home in to enemies?
That is a mid hardmode boss against to new bow with highest tier in the game. He had endgame armor against a mid hardmode boss on normal mode and lost nearly half his health. he had an extreme amount of buffs. If he would face the moon lord he would probably die without trying to dodge the moon lords attacks, making the vortex armors stealth mode dangerous.to get extreme damage like that you need to sacrifice defence and mobility. I'd say that balances out.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436550376,1436550251][/DOUBLEPOST]
The phantasm was way too strong. Anyone that says differently needs to share the drugs they're using with me.

Phantasm made Moon Lord way too easy. and the nerf was well-deserved. I checked the phantasm dps vs Tsunami dps, Phantasm is still higher. just not by a lot..
Just because people can't kill the ML anymore because the broken weapon they used got nerfed properly doesn't mean the Crying rampage is necessary.
Nerfed properly? It's no longer as useful as most of the other pillar weapons

now you are trying to imply most of the pillar weapons are useful.
The Vortex beater is pretty bad.
Phantasm is still nice to use.
Nebula blaze, meh Could do but prefer razorblade typhoon if I use magic
Nebula Arcanum? Who even uses this.

Stardust?
It was about time Summoner's got some love.
Ufo > Cells though
Stardust Dragon Staff Is pretty great.

I'm not a fan of melee but I guess they are ok.
The Phantasm stood out way too much. The nerf was needed and well done.

That is a mid hardmode boss against to new bow with highest tier in the game. He had endgame armor against a mid hardmode boss on normal mode and lost nearly half his health. he had an extreme amount of buffs. If he would face the moon lord he would probably die without trying to dodge the moon lords attacks, making the vortex armors stealth mode dangerous.to get extreme damage like that you need to sacrifice defence and mobility. I'd say that balances out.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436550376,1436550251][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, ok. Try it with a Terrarian or Solar Eruption then. You're WANTING the game to become easier. Which by logic (and no, not by me name-calling) makes you a noob at the game. I've done speedruns and speedruns of hard things, WoF on first night, Duke on 5th, blah blah blah, i've become better and better at the game. And i find it really sad that people who haven't got that experience yet using only the broken advantages, since they don't develop you as a player.

Also, if you JUST SAID that it's not as useful as the other pillar weapons; why don't you just use them instead.

Phantasm made Moon Lord way too easy. and the nerf was well-deserved.

I am neither crying, nor am I saying the nerf was not deserved. I am saying that nerf hammer hit a bit too hard here maybe.

He never was in danger to begin with, he let himself get hit for the highest DPS possible.

Yeah, he had a lot of buffs going for him, that's how you do things when you wanna speedkill stuff.

The Phantasm originally was too strong whether you like or not. I dare say, however, that its unique weapon ability has been made rather insignificant in comparison to the arrows during that speed kill.

Literally just now, I ran into a glitch with the "Distorted" debuff, instead of it just suspending me in the air my character was just frozen, I even tried to grapple away but it had no effect I was just standing there in the air unable to move until the debuff ran out of time. I've also been running into a problem lately where all my celestial towers keep spawning in the ground, although just now this time when I killed the Lunatic Cultist and experienced the glitch I talked about above it didn't happen, but previously to this one it happened 3 times in a row. I hope this helps you in any way.

Last edited:
Oh, ok. Try it with a Terrarian or Solar Eruption then. You're WANTING the game to become easier. Which by logic (and no, not by me name-calling) makes you a noob at the game. I've done speedruns and speedruns of hard things, WoF on first night, Duke on 5th, blah blah blah, i've become better and better at the game. And i find it really sad that people who haven't got that experience yet using only the broken advantages, since they don't develop you as a player.

Also, if you JUST SAID that it's not as useful as the other pillar weapons; why don't you just use them instead.

Granted melee has never been the fastest way to kill anything.

Why should we just accept that one weapon of a specific tier isn't as useful as the rest? I don't want it back to it's original DPS, but if it is underperforming in the same tier, it could use a buff, however slight.

Why did you nerf the Phantasm?
i dont think it was to strong i mean you are slow if you are in stelf waht is komplitly usless if you play alone,you need powerfull weapons for dat.
i never had problems to survive with evry other class in the lua event
the mage is bloody op,you need noting to survive if you got all this buffs i mean i STAY in the solar piler areal doing noting but spray and rek everything wahts nearby.
the melee has his mobility , def AND the schild explodes if something touchs you beside 30% damage reduce
i mean if the range armore give you are doge chane like the ninja gear (black belt) if you in stelfmode that would be more helpful
even if you play ofline

(sorry for my bad englisch)
He is right the ranger class is to weak again (PLOX FIX)

Granted melee has never been the fastest way to kill anything.

Why should we just accept that one weapon of a specific tier isn't as useful as the rest? I don't want it back to it's original DPS, but if it is underperforming in the same tier, it could use a buff, however slight.
Underperforming?
Plenty of weapons are underperformed by weapons of LOWER TIERS.

Nebula Blaze and Arcanum < Razorblade Typhoon
Daybreak < North Pole
Solar Eruption < Flairon (on most cases, but it still can be worse sometimes)

Underperforming?
Plenty of weapons are underperformed by weapons of LOWER TIERS.

Nebula Blaze and Arcanum < Razorblade Typhoon
Daybreak < North Pole
Solar Eruption < Flairon (on most cases, but it still can be worse sometimes)

Don't even get me started on that Megashark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom