Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually it will attack the leech things, so it's multitarget with that

In that case, even if the DPS gets higher by the multtargeting the damage to ML itself won't change a lot.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436582368,1436582011][/DOUBLEPOST]EVERYONE LISTEN, I GOT A MARTIAN PROBE SIGNAL WITH THE LIFEFORME ANALYZER, THEY ARE NOT EXTINCT

PS:sorry for the double post.

In that case, even if the DPS gets higher by the multtargeting the damage to ML itself won't change a lot.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436582368,1436582011][/DOUBLEPOST]EVERYONE LISTEN, I GOT A MARTIAN PROBE SIGNAL WITH THE LIFEFORME ANALYZER, THEY ARE NOT EXTINCT

PS:sorry for the double post.

Well, I let some of them slip through on Phobos appearantly. But just to clarify, how much time actually passed since the last probe you have seen? Because that's what's most important. How frequent do they spawn now?

Why? WHY? Why after playing on the server (via TerrariaServer.exe) my world is displayed as "unknown world"? This happened four times already, me and my friends tired to start the game over. And today is what happened with my character - its icon is just not showing in the list, and file .bak automatically deleted. What's going on? How to fix it?

Hero just managed to solo moon lord + all 3 mech bosses on
this video with all 3 dying the same night. He has way more defense than I would have recommended (amazingly acquired 125 defense and 30% increased damage from accessories) but yea, you basically have to be using beetle shell for the final boss and nothing else works, cause you seriously just need to tank the lesser damage attacks while keeping a decent amount of damage items. I didn't realize he posted this first before I came up with my own similar strategy I happened to stumble upon. Guess I can't be special now but oh well.

Regarding the Phantasm - I posted this back on page 23, I think we need some clarification.

Terrasyn said:
Did a quick DPS test to see if the claims were true about the Tsunami being stronger than the Phantasm.

Keep in mind this was against a dummy for the Tsunami with Luminite Arrows, while the Phantasm with Luminite Arrows was used against the Twins for a constant stream of DPS (and only to focus on one eye at a time). I used every buff potion available, with a full lucky set, a Vortex set, and the following accessories on an expert world:

-Solar Wings
-Ankh Shield
-Celestial Stone
-Destroyer Emblem
-Sniper Scope
-Worm Scarf

My grand total critical hit chance was 90% for both weapons, so results may vary. This was tested over a 10 second period.

Tsunami:

gSM7SRW.png

Phantasm:

Av1vai2.png

Notes: Although the numbers are neither stable nor concrete, damage for the Tsunami ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS, while damage for the Phantasm also ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS. Tsunami shoots 5 arrows, while Phantasm shoots 4, with "phantom" arrows if you land your hits.

There's a time period where the eyes sit still, so I landed all of my attacks on one eye until it died. But you're right about the armor differences. Though their actual armor is 10, which means that 5 of the damage from the Phantasm is negated, meaning you're subtracting 189 DPS, or about that (so you're looking at ~6900 DPS for the Phantasm, give or take). Think of these DPS values as more of an estimate, not a concrete factual analysis. I'd say the Phantasm is better if you can land your hits consistently (but only slightly). If not, then the Tsunami is a better solution. The only major difference is that the Phantasm provides you with a 66% chance not to consume ammo, whereas the Tsunami doesn't provide anything like that at all.

The Phantasm, to me, is "on par" with the Tsunami. They're relatively the same. However, being an end game bow, I'd expect it to do a *little* more (just not what it was doing before 1.3.0.3). And although your DPS can be potentially lower than the Tsunami thanks to arrow arcing and consistency in successful hits being a bit more difficult, I'd still choose it for the 66% no-arrow-consumption bonus.

However, I don't use the Phantasm much (or the ranger class for that matter), so keeping in mind that I really have no opinion on it, I do feel it needs a slight, slight buff for an end game bow, if only to supersede the Tsunami and nothing else. Just a thought.

For the record, I like all of the changes brought forth so far, and I encourage everyone to experiment with ideas outside of their comfort zone. Try a mage/warrior/summoner class, or a combination of weapons. Or maybe even build an arena, and take some ideas from other people. There's a wealth of possibility beyond what is "the best".

Last edited:
Hero just managed to solo moon lord + all 3 mech bosses on this video with all 3 dying the same night.

Not exactly a unique accomplishment. But whatevs...

He has way more defense than I would have recommended (amazingly acquired 125 defense and 30% increased damage from accessories) but yea, you basically have to be using beetle shell for the final boss and nothing else works, cause you seriously just need to tank the lesser damage attacks while keeping a decent amount of damage items.

You can get the Moon Lord, in an off itself, done as mage or ranger as well. If you have a lot of lesser dmg inbound, beetle sure is the appropriate choice, but going "just" for the Moon Lord needs no Beetle gear, not even on expert difficulty. Also, the presence of lesser enemies just so happens to be an advantage as well, because you can practically dodge his Death ray by selectively taking lesser damage and regenerating that lesser damage taken right after, via accessories or buffs.

That being said, any class can do the moon lord on normal difficulty and (YES!) with pre-Luminite gear. And (NO!) you do not need to cheese at all.

Guys i have a problem. So i was playing Terraria on multiplayer, in Expert mode, and me and my ffriend managed to defeat the golem, but no cultists spawned. Help plz. We are playing on 1.3.0.3, will updating fix it? should i just play on other map?

when will you fix the bug of when you go to ingame settings sometimes your volume for your music goes to 100 ?

Well, no one is forcing you to build one, right? You could always just place some dirt blocks 2x10 or whatever the dimensions you'd like above yourself to block the laser and you've got yourself an arena.
And btw, the harvesting part takes even less if you already have an older world or if you actually collect resources when you play. Finding one heart is easy as hell and that really can't be used as a valid argument.

It's weird that people are bored whilst playing the game and are using it's mechanics. I simply wouldn't play the game if it bored me to do something in it.

As I said before not everyone likes building.

#1 There are really people who didn't think a bow that could do about 1500 damage PER SHOT wasn't pretty much the best weapon of the game? At fast speeds? You were aware Tsunami could kill Ice Queen in actual seconds, right?

2. As of the time you fight Wall of Flesh, I can't think of any weapon that can pierce all 3 targets for good damage except maybe Demon Scythe, which is slow.

3. Yes, a lot of things could do it. Including a bow. That are supposedly horrible.

4. Nah, pretty sure that Titanium Repeater loaded with Jester's Arrows was and might still be the most effective way to kill Destroyer with pre mech gear.

5. I am pretty damn sure that when I was using Tsunami a month ago I was shooting a bunch of arrows that caused status afflictions like Ichor or Venom or caused stars to fall for huge damage, while never moving because everything up to and including event bosses died in just a few shots.

I understand the salt that happens when anything is nerfed in any game ever, but the raw numbers data shows that this "waaah archery is so neglected and underpowered!" mentality is just that; salt.

You can't be serious when your saying rangers are not seriously the most neglected of the three core classes. heck even explosives users get more love at least their set works

#4 Oh pre mech fine dat last prism tho

#1 #5 you really love the tsunami I never actualy looted it to be honest but an imbalanced weapon is not really an argument you should be making

#3 unless your using horrible as in horribly murder the event. just no. heat ray staff of earth razorpine terrablade i still say muramasa is viable with a dmg build all viable options and there are a ton i can't think of right now

#2 nither can i but i don't have every wiki wapon memorized XD grenades/bombs can though dynamite too obviously and there are weapons that can make up for lack of aoe with something else.

If you consider placing less than 40 blocks building, terraria is clearly not the right game for you...

You can't be serious when your saying rangers are not seriously the most neglected of the three core classes. heck even explosives users get more love at least their set works

Explosives belong to the ranged class, if we consider rocket based weapons, Styngers, Explosive arrows, or explosive bullets. Range is functioning as is, but the lack of leech is driving people away. Most people will always go for the easiest route, which is leech in the realms of terraria. It is that simple.

#4 Oh pre mech fine dat last prism tho

Last prism belongs to the highest tier of weaponry, using that on the destroyer is like firing nuclear warheads to kill sparrows...

#1 #5 you really love the tsunami I never actualy looted it to be honest but an imbalanced weapon is not really an argument you should be making

Tsunami is not imbalanced, it simply has been the only late-game viable bow before the release of 1.3. Also there were things like the razorpine that were on par if not considerably better than the Tsunami for single targets. And let's be frank, if you've never even "looted" a Tsunami, you should not even consider deeming it overpowered in the first place.

#3 unless your using horrible as in horribly murder the event. just no. heat ray staff of earth razorpine terrablade i still say muramasa is viable with a dmg build all viable options and there are a ton i can't think of right now

Staff of earth? Muramasa? Viable? During moon events? Are you sure you are playing the game which is being discussed here??

#2 nither can i but i don't have every wiki wapon memorized XD grenades/bombs can though dynamite too obviously and there are weapons that can make up for lack of aoe with something else.

In regards to the post you quoted: Fighting the wall of flesh with dynamite is plain... well.... Not what you wanna do... same thing with grenades or Bombs.

You're seriously arguing that? Well, if anyone who doesn't like building doesn't have the time or will to place 30 blocks over his head to protect himself from the lasers... well then one can always try dodging and dying. This isn't really worth discussing anymore.

Since a lot of people are having problems with finding Probes now maybe the solution would be for Probes to spawn at their pre-1.3.0.4 frequency, but only during a certain moon phase (New moon perhaps).

Any chance we will see a fix for the bug of cultists not spawning if the top of the dungeon has been modded at all? My main (normal) world I flattened the entire surface, including the dungeon entrance, so I cant do any of the Lunar events on it. I really don't want to have to make a new normal world just to farm the lunar event (I cant beat it on expert yet)

I just defeated the moon lord! I got last prism and portal gun. I found that he wasn't that hard with a melee setup. I circled around him in the ufo mount while spamming him with the solar eruption. While you can dodge the death ray and sometimes true EOC, you will get hit a lot in this fight, so you need that defence. Stardust dragon staff I found was very helpful. I was able to concentrate on the hands while he focused on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom