PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked through each boss's loot bag and it is like... "Hmm.... an extra accessory slot is nice, but it ONLY works in the Expert World, so that sucks. A shield that lets you dash, meh. Bee Pack that upgrades bees... meh, when have I ever used those again?" etc etc etc ... mounts... etc...

Nothing I see in there really goes "YAY!" to me. Other than the Demon Heart, but even that.... again... "only works on Expert".

Oh, the Minecart is OK I suppose. And the Dev Items. Might have to get me a load of mech pops and farm the expert mechs (or Golem) with Solar Armor. And I suppose the Stone is cool too.

Otherwise, I can't see where Expert Mode really gives you much reward to justify the extra challenge...

That's the thing. People seem to be on two extremes about the expert items. One side complains they aren't good enough, while the other complains that they exist and that they now "need" to do expert in order to get them. They seem to be mostly just fun little extra's as a reward for taking on Expert (aside from maybe Demon Heart)

And that'd be the ONE fix that totally de-legitimizes the strategy I used.

Yeah, I don't support this change, was making a point.

And why does it concern you what people do in their SINGLE-PLAYER games? Don't like it happening on Multiplayer, well, don't play with the peeps who do it. You have choices.

Why does it affect you if I can stand on some spikes and cheese it?

Well, seeing as the devs agreed with me, I'm thinking my line of thinking is in the right. The devs get the final say on what you can do in their game. Luckily for you, they don't mind modding. So, if you want you can get mods to change things they did. It wasn't outcry from players that got these things changed and it wasn't malevolent on the dev teams part. These methods simply didn't fit their idea, so they molded their creation to make it more in line with their goal.

Sandbox/Singleplayer arguments don't mean you can just run wild in the vanilla game. If the devs want to change something that is entirely their right.

So many people sitting here complaining and I'm just happy that the issue with the Money Trough making the "Quick Stack to Chests" button invisible is fixed. :dryadwink:
I'm looking forward to testing out Multiplayer again. I haven't been able to play with my friends once since the new patch at it was starting to geta bit upsetting!
Thanks for all the effort with trying to figure the issue out. I'll report back later with my results.

Ok so I'm back after some attempt to play Multiplayer.
It is still lagging just as much as it was, and we tried with both Steam + Hamachi. I am sort of running on a potato notebook laptop (HP2000z) but I've seen my friends with computers just like mine having no issues. Maybe my problem is just my friend's big builds and fancy items on the server? That still wouldn't make sense though since my single player games never lag regardless of my gear or what I have built in the world...
I just wanna play with my friends, dammit! ; -;

For some good news though, the game doesn't take nearly as long to start up as it did before.
I used to have to wait about 3 - 5 minutes to get to my main screen, but now it's only about 30seconds. Yasss.

That's the thing. People seem to be on two extremes about the expert items. One side complains they aren't good enough, while the other complains that they exist and that they now "need" to do expert in order to get them. They seem to be mostly just fun little extra's as a reward for taking on Expert (aside from maybe Demon Heart)

Yeah, I don't support this change, was making a point.

Well, seeing as the devs agreed with me, I'm thinking my line of thinking is in the right. The devs get the final say on what you can do in their game. Luckily for you, they don't mind modding. So, if you want you can get mods to change things they did. It wasn't outcry from players that got these things changed and it wasn't malevolent on the dev teams part. These methods simply didn't fit their idea, so they molded their creation to make it more in line with their goal.

Sandbox/Singleplayer arguments don't mean you can just run wild in the vanilla game. If the devs want to change something that is entirely their right.
There's a reason why we're having this whole discussion in the first place. We think the devs are wrong.
The law isn't always right. The government isn't always right. Game developers aren't always right.

Ok so I'm back after some attempt to play Multiplayer.
It is still lagging just as much as it was, and we tried with both Steam + Hamachi. I am sort of running on a potato notebook laptop (HP2000z) but I've seen my friends with computers just like mine having no issues. Maybe my problem is just my friend's big builds and fancy items on the server? That still wouldn't make sense though since my single player games never lag regardless of my gear or what I have built in the world...
I just wanna play with my friends, dammit! ; -;

For some good news though, the game doesn't take nearly as long to start up as it did before.
I used to have to wait about 3 - 5 minutes to get to my main screen, but now it's only about 30seconds. Yasss.

Wow your font is really tiny >.<

Multiplayer is, by nature, more intensive than singleplayer. Your computer has to send and receive information from the server. Which can also be affected by your internet. This can be made harder by also hosting from your computer.

To my knowledge, Steam's multiplayer still isn't fully functioning, or at least not stable. However, in the meantime, I've been using the old method of typing in an IP address to join a game. Fairly smooth except for the occasional enemy skipping around on screen. Hopefully this is something you guys are aware of. Regardless, thank you again for the constant support, you all rock.

Someone oughtta mention that Moon Lord is also 100% optional, even for those who just want to build stuff. All his drops are combat oriented.

I'm a little disappointed in the Stardust Dragon staff nerf.
It rendered what made Summoner amazing at bossing, into one of the most useless staves in the game.
Sure, the DPS was huge, but you also couldn't attack with your own weapon considering he attacked too fast, there were too many tics.
Now I'm stuck with bad DPS stacked with no DPS of my own.
I'm just better off selling the dragon and sticking with the much more powerful alternative, the Cell staff.

Someone oughtta mention that Moon Lord is also 100% optional, even for those who just want to build stuff. All his drops are combat oriented.

Combat oriented (excepting the 100% Portal Gun), but also way freaking cool. As are the Luminite Bricks that Kenu has mentioned.
I, myself, was enamored with the Last Prism and Lunar Flare.

I'm torn here. Actually. cheesing is exploiting game mechanics or bugs in a unintended way. So relying on the invincibility frame is clearly cheesing and should be fixed. A boss that follows you when you teleport makes also perfect sense, so thats also fine. However, teleporting to the nurse, using heart statues, building minecart tracks, building arenas and so on is actually a intended game mechanic, too, and because of that clearly not cheesing. Actually, for the final boss encounter, I think the devs should expect you to use everything that this game has to offer and even force you to do so - and so you should be able to do it.

And here lies a part of why I'm torn, because, well, on the other hand, the devs don't play fair either: with a stupid debuff they actually remove some of their own, intended game mechanics (vampire knifes, spectre armor) and eventually forcing the player to use a complete different playstyle. Like a user earlier in this thread said, thats actually Fake Difficulty and usually a sign of bad game design. They give you a sandbox, they should allow you to use it (its the same thing for the nurse or the statues). I get the point that they want to be their final boss something special, but the way they try to achieve this by reducing the players choices isn't very well thought in my opinion.

And to be honest... if you want your final boss that hard so that many player who actually made it this far aren't able to beat him, you should consider making only the expert mode version harder. In normal mode, everybody who made it here on it's own has some skill for sure. And because of that, he/she should be able to beat that guy with some preparations and some practice. When I read the forums, I get the impression, only 15% of the players who made it to the end are able to beat that boss at all - and from these 15% are 5% using a "cheesy tactic" which got patched out, so they come here to complain.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that luminite bricks are a thing. An awfully cool thing
You're actually right. Totally skipped my mind, sorry. I retract that argument then, and actually in support, suggest that Moon Lord drop a lot more Luminite ore (Considering atm he doesn't drop enough to make a full armor set, and unlike the Brain and Eater he's not really a boss that you can just go out and farm to get a full armor set, even if I think he's nowhere near as hard as people make him out to be. It's still a boss that takes ~8 minutes.

There's a reason why we're having this whole discussion in the first place. We think the devs are wrong.
The law isn't always right. The government isn't always right. Game developers aren't always right.

I'm not even going to address the entirely misproportionate comparison you just made.

Well, Game devs are right until they give into pressure anyway. You can think their vision is wrong all you like, but that doesn't give you the right to change it. You can give feedback, but they by no means need/have to take it into consideration. They can do whatever they like in their virtual world. Of course, in doing so they risk backlash and customers. But, honestly no game has any obligation to allow everyone to beat it. Especially not an obligation to allow players to entirely cheese their final boss.

If I was trying to sound elitist, I would have said that I managed to beat Dark Souls in only forty hours on my first run, while the average time is around seventy hours. If you don't believe me, you can check my steam profile
So even if you weren't being elitist before, you admit to it now?

So even if you weren't being elitist before, you admit to it now?

Well, I kind of have to now, because that post was sort of me showing that I can be elitist if I want to be, but most of the time, I choose not to be, because it would make me look like a really arrogant and egotistic person, which is the last thing I want to look like. I just wanted to say that so I could get people to be quiet, honestly.

EDIT - I need to stop saying honestly so much. >_>

I'm not even going to address the entirely misproportionate comparison you just made.

Well, Game devs are right until they give into pressure anyway. You can think their vision is wrong all you like, but that doesn't give you the right to change it. You can give feedback, but they by no means need/have to take it into consideration. They can do whatever they like in their virtual world. Of course, in doing so they risk backlash and customers. But, honestly no game has any obligation to allow everyone to beat it. Especially not an obligation to allow players to entirely cheese their final boss.
If game developers were always right, all games would be perfect. Big Rigs would be an amazing game.
And considering we paid our hard earned money for this game, we are more than entitled to point out errors and demand fixes.

To my knowledge, Steam's multiplayer still isn't fully functioning, or at least not stable. However, in the meantime, I've been using the old method of typing in an IP address to join a game. Fairly smooth except for the occasional enemy skipping around on screen. Hopefully this is something you guys are aware of. Regardless, thank you again for the constant support, you all rock.
This issue is the biggest pain I've seen so far. No one on the dev or beta team experience any lag using steam multiplayer so it isnt exactly the easiest to track down. The guys have a general idea of what is doing it but not why. We will continue to look into it, as always all information about this said issue is much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom