PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the big deal with the Moon Lord buffage is anyway. Sure, I died four times before I beat him, but a basic ranger loadout -without potions- and a railway makes him easy (if moderately time-consuming). Heck, the teleportation didn't make him harder to beat, just faster.

Also, I have some treasures locked up in the outside of my world (pre-1.2, but still) back when we could expand the world slightly by hitting F9. It would be nice if that part of the world were still accessible, even if it can't be hidden anymore.

I don't know what the big deal with the Moon Lord buffage is anyway. Sure, I died four times before I beat him, but a basic ranger loadout -without potions- and a railway makes him easy (if moderately time-consuming). Heck, the teleportation didn't make him harder to beat, just faster.
Most of this is to avoid cheesing(so people can't just do things similar to the hellstone trick). As for the first changes, with him having more HP and the anti hp "leeching" from Spectre/Vamprire Knives, that was done to make him a bit more difficult and not "spectre/vampire knives=instawin", I mean you can check out chippygaming's old video to see how it was, he was able to beat the Moon Lord with not much effort and fairly so that kinda got added for that. You can still use spectre(althrough only for a few seconds, so use the hard hitting nebula blaze) and the Knives(althrough it shouldn't really be needed in a melee tank setup) unless you are in Phase 2, then his Tongue is too fast so you just switch over to the damaging gear and finish his.

Also, I have some treasures locked up in the outside of my world (pre-1.2, but still) back when we could expand the world slightly by hitting F9. It would be nice if that part of the world were still accessible, even if it can't be hidden anymore.
How did that trick work ? I remember reading about it but I was never able to pull it off.

As for the world itself, I gave this a try in 1.3 and used Tedit to view the world after that:
Tw9feE2.png

This was done in a corrupt ocean, which has been corrupted since a while. The wood blocks are the edge of the screen(the last row is already offscreen) and as you can see it goes on for a bit. Would be good if we could fully access the world(up to the point where the "edge" blocks begin). The non corrupted sand seems to be already part of the edge.

You can tell the world goes on a bit farther by the fact that you can see the glow from hellstone and lava. Heck, you can even mine/place one block farther than you can see, which is visible on the minimap.

EDIT: I also really like the modification to the solar armor dash ability. I was getting frustrated with the dash taking away shields when I had master ninja gear I was used to using.

Last edited:
To people experiencing lag: I tried two things to fix it, and I definitely think it helped me. Go into your Steam settings. Turn off Cloud, and turn Broadcasting completely off. Reduced quite a bit of lag for me!

Aha, ok! I was looking at the Terraria settings in Steam. I changed both of them. Hopefully it will improve the situation because it's a real downer to have a fantastic game brought down by lag.

Yeah, I realized that Broadcasting was probably a thing that very few people would notice and would actually be dragging their games down quite a bit. If you notice, if you look at a friend on Steam, and they're in a game, there's a "Watch Game" option, and it's like a live stream of their game you can watch. If that's happening and they don't even know it, that's gotta be causing lag! Turning Broadcasting off removes this from you, so you won't be putting out a stream. Make sense?

Yeah, I realized that Broadcasting was probably a thing that very few people would notice and would actually be dragging their games down quite a bit. If you notice, if you look at a friend on Steam, and they're in a game, there's a "Watch Game" option, and it's like a live stream of their game you can watch. If that's happening and they don't even know it, that's gotta be causing lag! Turning Broadcasting off removes this from you, so you won't be putting out a stream. Make sense?
I was actually looking at the info on that earlier on this page and apparently the actual thing doesn't start broadcasting until someone clicks "Watch game", so that might not be a factor

Heeeeeeeeeeeey! It seems to have improved! I'll need to figure out which of the 2 options made a difference!
It's not gone completely, but it seems better (I'll have to run some more tests).

Edit:
I was cheering too soon. It's just as awful as it was before ;(

Last edited:
I didn't have much more trouble with the Moon Lord than I did with the WoF, of the mechanical bosses. It just takes longer.

I'm gonna disagree, but agree. Some players DO need to do that, yet some of us aren't MLG, super-crazy-skilled players that just can't play that well. :indifferent:

I think the point of the message was, you don't have to be super pro MLG. The movements and technical skill involved in playing Terraria is actually really low compared to a lot of other games out there, so it stands to reason that most players have the CAPABILITY to beat it; they just do not have a plan that works.

Use Nebula armor with nebula arcanum/razorblade typhoon the hands and head, then use last prism for the core. For accessories, stick with celestial cuffs and frozen turtle shell. every time you drop low, just walk to the nurse, pause, then click on her for cheap heals. then go back to bashing the boss's brains in.
1.3.0.8:
NPCs will no longer serve you during the final boss battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom