PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said three updates ago they don't want us to be able to defeat the moon lord and here they are continuing to pump up the difficulty and prove me right...

NOOOOO! not the ONLY way to kill the guy without a rediculous minecart rail setup! i mean really, i can defeat every boss (save pre-hardmode WOF, i just suck at fighting him, ok?) with no potions, we really don't need moon lord buffs when you can easily die spamming last prism while wearing the solar armor in expert mode to him, with the maximum health boosting, heart statues, and all the rest of that jazz, what we need is a moon lord death ray lazor nerf, and a nerf in general, you already negated any and all hopes of using the spectre hood to kill him, and any other thing with heal, we just need a way to be able to kill him without having the skill that Yrimir has :/

Well solar armor is a melee set first and foremost- and the only real way to fight the moon lord with a melee armor set is with melee weapons.
You get attack bonuses from using the melee gear- using a magic weapon with solar armor is like using a Terrablade with Spectre armor.
It's a little silly, tactically speaking.

Mages save themselves by dodging.
Learn to dodge.

And it's expert mode. It's easier to die to literally any hardmode boss. It's called Expert mode for a reason.

Well, if you're SMART enough to click nurse while Cthulhu's brother is teleportin', you pretty much have a big chance of winning (sry,poland here, english is not perfect here)
Isn't that cheesing thus what everyone is complaining about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The truth is: Moon Lord has never been "buffed". Ever. If you could legitimately beat him before you can do so now. They try to prevent *cheating* against him, but beating him legitimately is still very much possible. Any legitimate attempt against him has gone unchanged, so why not try that for a change? If you're so obsessed and determined to cheat at every chance you get, just skip the middleman and cheat in the items from him at that point. I get that people want to always have the easiest way possible to get anything done, and it's been done many times before Moon Lord (Mechanicals, WoF, EoW, etc), but cheating is never required.

I actually feel bad for players who honestly believe "it's impossible" because it means they lack the creativity to come up with a solution to their problem. Other players have done so, why can't you? There are so many guides/videos on Moon Lord at this point you could watch, so if you do lack your own ideas you can get them from somebody else who proves theirs works.

Huge respect for Re-Logic standing their ground on this. I know many developers would have caved in immediately and nerfed something that didn't actually require nerfing to begin with just because you have sore losers cry about it. If you're going to complain about something at least let it be for valid reasons. Saying "What! I can't CHEAT anymore?!" doesn't help your case at all.
Or you know they can just not be as good as you

The only complaint I have ever had with the Moon Lord is the fact that it specifically targets and denies you the ability to use the Vampire Knives and the Spectre Hood. Not really out of any personal need for it -- I've been wiping the floor with the Moon Lord enough without it (And just beat Expert last week! :D) -- but because there are players who make use of those items and have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with doing so.

With that said: if that is how the development feels about the inclusion of life-stealing items, I would strongly recommend not including them or similar items in Terraria Otherworld when it is released. Aside from that, I feel like the only thing that could make the Moon Lord better is ironing out the exploits people have been using to beat it.

The truth is: Moon Lord has never been "buffed". Ever.
njlBT20.png

What drug are you on and where can I get some?

Isn't that cheesing thus what everyone is complaining about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or you know they can just not be as good as you
There's no CHEESING it's all about being smart, and for that, you have to be fast, what means practise.

Well solar armor is a melee set first and foremost- and the only real way to fight the moon lord with a melee armor set is with melee weapons.
You get attack bonuses from using the melee gear- using a magic weapon with solar armor is like using a Terrablade with Spectre armor.
It's a little silly, tactically speaking.

Mages save themselves by dodging.
Learn to dodge.

And it's expert mode. It's easier to die to literally any hardmode boss. It's called Expert mode for a reason.
you apparently have no idea how in the world i killed the moon lord my first time, guess what, i abused something i call "high defense" using razorblade typhoon and dodging his attacks and consistantly healing up at the nurse, you think that? "oh well get good at doding" fat luck that will do you when you get hit once and you're dead, seriously, you think that you can DODGE those eyes? i laugh at your trying, for you get hit once or twice by them and boom dead, thanks but no thanks for the suggestions

Can someone help me upload this video of me taking expert mode moon lord on with titanium armor :/
I wanna prove that it is possible to defeat him on expert with titanium armor
Warning:Video will be of bad quality

Can someone help me upload this video of me taking expert mode moon lord on with titanium armor :/
I wanna prove that it is possible to defeat him on expert with titanium armor
Warning:Video will be of bad quality
how long is it? will it tak too much time to update it to youtube?

Hardly misleading...Dodging aiming and Etc is something you must be good at to survive any situation. but PVP is not the point and not thee topic were speaking about.

Well, it is misleading. Dodging a bosses and monsters is different than dodging player weapons. If your goal is to PvP and to get better at dodging, then you practice dodging in PvP. A boss with nearly predictable ai won't teach that.

They are different environments with different hazards. That's the point I am making. :p

I mean, call me lazy for this, but I don't want to spend hours building an arena to block the Moonlord's attacks, farming ingredients for potions, fishing for the well-fed buff, and grinding the lunar event for hours on end just to fight the boss a few times. I just want to be able to fight the boss and learn how his AI works, learn how to dodge the attacks. I can understand gathering ingredients for potions giving players a bit of an edge, but it seems an awful lot like everyone is building arenas to completely avoid the bosses attacks, which I feel completely removes the point of the boss.

PUMPKIN PIE!! I don't remember the trigger-flag but eventually the Dryad starts selling pumpkin seeds, make yourself a few rows of pumpkin farm and you'll easily be cooking stacks of 30 pies... ONE PIE = 45 minutes of Well Fed. Fishing for Well fed = doing it wrong at this point in the game!

Also come on dude... everybody makes this argument about being a sandbox, you should be allowed to exploit everything, blah blah... becuase you want to you sit on a spike, but you don't want to do EVERYTHING ELSE about a sandbox, such as gathering what you need, or setting up farms at your base or learning how to make Sonar Potion to easily get the correct fish? Believe me it doesn't take "HOURS" to do what you listed!

A 3 tier platform arena, a STRIP OF DIRT, a sky bridge... 10 - 20 minutes. After you set up a pie farm, 1 minute to cook pumpkin pie. Fishing 5 - 30 minutes depending on how many buffs you want. 10-20 minutes extra if you want to find yourself an alchemy table in the dungeon to SAVE FISH AND PLANTS (and fragments when you make SUPER HP POTIONS! This works).

But, with building an arena, come different concerns. No arena is perfect, because when you manage to find a way to block one of the Moon Lord's attacks, like the eye laser, you get a different problem, which would be how do you manage to get enough damage in on that eye so that the damage actually makes a dent? There's many problems with arenas, which can hinder the player more than help, sometimes.

You have time before and after the laser fires to hit the head eye freely. But for extra damage, you can craft a Solar Eruption or find yourself a Yo Yo, so the laser can't hit you but you can hit the eye while you'r ehiding. I think the best Yo Yo before Moon Lord is "Eye of Cthullu" that drops from Mothron during a Solar Eclipse. This is also easy to get. Raid the temple and kill the Golem a few times, you get materials to craft an item that will SUMMON a Solar Eclipse!

To make sure i don't accidently bump into the dirt, I make it pretty small and put it right up against a section of platform so I already have an idea in my head of where the "floor" is while I'm flying around frantically.

If you're that good m8's, why don't you film destroying Cthulhu brother WITHOUT ANY POTIONS,HEART STATUES AND NURSE??? I would really enjoy it.

I don't understand the point of this ,as an argument against people saying the boss is fine. That is a challenge, but you obviously should be using potions and heart-statues if you f ound some on a boss that is difficult for you.

Have in game ranged armor along with a unreal Vortex Beater and ten stacks of chloro bullets. I make about every potion that my world allows for and had a campfire, ammo box, and heart lamp nearby. Its still impossible. I can't get the ufo cause that event is so rare that I only seen it once on two of my characters each

I'll also mention having a Sunflower, Sunflower provides a move speed buff, that also counts towards flying speed just like Swiftness Potion. I have not tried it yet but perhaps setting up some teleporters at each end of your arena with pressure plates, will help with evasion too?

There is a video of someone doing it with 100 HP and no armour, and taking no damage.

If you know what you're doing, Moon Lord is just a regular boss.

Link it please!!

Why the huge ridiculous "GAH, THEY'RE CHEESING HIM!!!!" bent anyways?

It is a single player game.....about doing whatever you can.... to do what you want to do.... we got terrain, we got traps, we got statues, we got everything.

Oh, but wait, don't you DARE try to use this, this, and this to defeat one of the bosses. How. Dare. You.

We're gonna make him so that he overrides 80% of what you can DO in Terraria and have done for many other bosses.

I can't help but to think that is ridiculously silly.

Especially for a primarily SINGLE-PLAYER game where 99% of the game's content is balanced around Single-Player. This ain't no MMORPG or anything, so why all the ridiculous meticulous "game balance"? Give us a sandbox and then go "but you can't do this, this or that..." .... okaay.

I said this earlier, but come on, really? Exploiting invulnerable frames is NOT what a Sandbox is about!

It is a single player game b ut the developers regardless hold the right to what their content is like. And you should see that the developers have largely been very open with the engineers and designers of the community who have put a lot of EFFORT (keyword) into creating elaborate arenas, farms and death-traps. Most of the people using these cheese strategies did not "sandbox" it up themselves, they went online and found other people's discovery.

If.... IF.... you are ridiculously good at dodging his deathray laser with the slow-turning mount (wings work better for dodging the laser). I can dodge it... about half of the time. On Expert... one of those and you're dead.

Dirt Line! Blocks block the laser

I believe most people think he's too hard on Expert mode exclusively- which is understandable- as he is quite a lot more difficult in that mode- but it's still totally doable without a nurse or some other blasphemous cheesing method. It's not easy- but it's not supposed to be. Do note that it is in fact- called Expert mode.

I do think that Mage classes should have something to balance the fight a bit for them- it's quite a bit harder for mages to win against him then it is for Melee and Ranged builds.

I thought Expert mode was meant for MP in the first place?

and finally, if you're struggling, mage armor isn't the answer, not enough defense

you apparently have no idea how in the world i killed the moon lord my first time, guess what, i abused something i call "high defense" using razorblade typhoon and dodging his attacks and consistantly healing up at the nurse, you think that? "oh well get good at doding" fat luck that will do you when you get hit once and you're dead, seriously, you think that you can DODGE those eyes? i laugh at your trying, for you get hit once or twice by them and boom dead, thanks but no thanks for the suggestions
Well- the way I started fighting him is with an arena setup- and then kiting him with spectre mask, not hood.
There's a reason I suggested that the Lunatic Cultist drop an expert item that helps mages with defense earlier.
Mages have it significantly harder against moon lord- I find.

Well- the way I started fighting him is with an arena setup- and then kiting him with spectre mask, not hood.
There's a reason I suggested that the Lunatic Cultist drop an expert item that helps mages with defense earlier.
Mages have it significantly harder against moon lord- I find.
which is my point, mages are next to impossible to kill the moon lord using, they negated several playstyles against him, and again, you're able to dodge all 3 eyes attacking you at once and LIVE? fat chance, video proof or it isn't real

Uh, i think you guys are going a little bit overboard with the final boss. It's boring enough to farm the final ore as it is, now it's even harder. Imho of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom