PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite happy that any cheesing against the Moon Lord is (hopefully) gone. Still haven't fought him yet (waiting for a few of my friends), so I want to fight him legit.

@Soulstiger :

Not every change, but yet we have to stop and ask... when is Enough going to be Enough?

He already has OHKO attacks in Expert or very close to it, his Expert-Exclusive drop entirely sucks so he's not even worth it to fight in Expert, and the changes they are trying to do to try to make him almost impossible in expert for most people affect NORMAL mode too.

So the tryhards can have their Expert Mode, but some people just wanna enjoy the easier normal mode... oh wait, each patch makes him even harder to do, to where most game mechanics flat out don't work for him unlike any other boss.

Maybe they should be buffing his REWARDS while they're at it, because right now he's quickly becoming "not worth fighting", especially not on Expert.

"Ooo, I got a gimped Gravitation Potion".

Really? That's the best they could do?

If you don't believe it is worth it, then don't do it. I just don't understand how you can sit there and seriously defend standing on a spike/getting attacked by a crab/slime. They even nerfed his lifesteal blocking, so what mechanics "just flat out don't work" I struggle to think of a single one, let alone to name most of the mechanics in the game. Teleporting away to heal doesn't work on any other boss in the game, yet people complained when they took it away from the Moon Lord fight. Yet, now people want it to function "the same as other bosses." Fine, then make him despawn whenever someone gets too far away.

I was, still couldn't do it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, some strategies effectiveness can vary based on your gameplay. It's about finding what fits your play best.

Edit: Forgot to respond to my last quote :p

I'm starting to get pissed of this "Oh WilliamD show me how you defeated moon lord"
"Aren't you a bada$$'(sarcasm)And other sh@t.

If I was trying to sound elitist, I would have said that I managed to beat Dark Souls in only forty hours on my first run, while the average time is around seventy hours. If you don't believe me, you can check my steam profile.

Either way, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but the Moon Lord is easy if you're prepared and ready.

EDIT - This is the last thing I'm going to say on this matter. I'm really getting tired of people saying that the Moon Lord is too hard when in reality, he's not.

I did kind of spend a week on the other side of that argument; it felt like no matter what preparations I made, no matter how I refined my strategy, that beating the Moon Lord ON MY OWN seemed impossible as I kept trying.

Apologies but it gets on my nerves and thus I reverse it on him. I don't see fault in calling people on their :red:

I don't see a problem with it either, as long as you don't stoop as low as them. Plus, you can't really get more condescending than "kid."

Its hell on wheels. Trust me. Totally not worth it with the expert thing. I was disappointed when I opened the treasure bag at first

I've looked through each boss's loot bag and it is like... "Hmm.... an extra accessory slot is nice, but it ONLY works in the Expert World, so that sucks. A shield that lets you dash, meh. Bee Pack that upgrades bees... meh, when have I ever used those again?" etc etc etc ... mounts... etc...

Nothing I see in there really goes "YAY!" to me. Other than the Demon Heart, but even that.... again... "only works on Expert".

Oh, the Minecart is OK I suppose. And the Dev Items. Might have to get me a load of mech pops and farm the expert mechs (or Golem) with Solar Armor. And I suppose the Stone is cool too.

Otherwise, I can't see where Expert Mode really gives you much reward to justify the extra challenge...

Um, The Moon Lord is the last, end game boss right? Isn't he supposed to be a badass?

Not everyone "needs" to beat the final boss...

Or if it's that important, use a hack, get infinite life, and get your items you want... or just use an inventory edit.
If you want to beat him, all you can do is get better, or build an arena.

I have no problem with them removing some of the more "lazy" cheese methods to beat him. Makes my architecture trapping all the more important.

I am indeed not since I made a :red: load of :red: to beat him. Just cause i ain't as 'leet' as you doesn't mean I am lazy. Get over yourself kid
[DOUBLEPOST=1437438410,1437438368][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha thanks I suppose mate. Least you aren't being condescending ^^
You don't have to be so passively agresive. I didn't mean to be offensive when I said lazy, take it easy. :[ Soul of Night said things better than I did, that's for sure. Anyway, we're getting a bit off subject here aren't we? :)
Good luck beating the Moon Lord.

If you don't believe it is worth it, then don't do it. I just don't understand how you can sit there and seriously defend standing on a spike/getting attacked by a crab/slime. They even nerfed his lifesteal blocking, so what mechanics "just flat out don't work" I struggle to think of a single one, let alone to name most of the mechanics in the game. Teleporting away to heal doesn't work on any other boss in the game, yet people complained when they took it away from the Moon Lord fight. Yet, now people want it to function "the same as other bosses." Fine, then make him despawn whenever someone gets too far away.

And why does it concern you what people do in their SINGLE-PLAYER games? Don't like it happening on Multiplayer, well, don't play with the peeps who do it. You have choices.

Why does it affect you if I can stand on some spikes and cheese it?

Yeah, some strategies effectiveness can vary based on your gameplay. It's about finding what fits your play best.

Edit: Forgot to respond to my last quote :p
I know mate and I do have a way. Was just replying to condescending users

In my opinion, the worst part of fighting the Moon Lord, regardless of win, loss, strategy, arena, WHATEVER; the worst part is that THEY MAKE YOU WAIT before he spawns. That minute is the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever dealt with in a game.

So, suggestion: remove the spawn delay from the Celestial Sigil; and make the last tower drop it.

They give you a chance to prepare for the Final Boss of the game.

I don't see a problem with it either, as long as you don't stoop as low as them. Plus, you can't really get more condescending than "kid."
I'll cut out the kid then
[DOUBLEPOST=1437439547,1437439469][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't have to be so passively agresive. I didn't mean to be offensive when I said lazy, take it easy. :[ Soul of Night said things better than I did, that's for sure. Anyway, we're getting a bit off subject here aren't we? :)
Good luck beating the Moon Lord.
Thank you for the apologies. Sorry for being passive aggresive

They give you a chance to prepare for the Final Boss of the game.
Eh, I'm probably just slow, then. That minute, to me, feels like long enough for the rush of taking down the Towers to wear off, but not long enough to prepare unless you've already got everything you want in your inventory.

EDIT: And once you get to a point you can defeat him reliably, that buildup gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom