PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, sorry. I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were calling the exploits mechanics.
Not quite, they are in game and viable to use, but I don't like using them unless I absolutely have to. My whole point here has been about how I feel the boss may be a bit broken to the point where some of those things are necessary and that they should fix it.

It isn't fake difficulty to have an enemy have resistances and counters. Just because there isn't precedence throughout the game doesn't mean they can never add it.
yeah, maybe if this were 505's blatantly broken work i'd understand suddenly out of nowhere having "resistances" to disable a specific piece of gear...whats next a 'superduper final last boss' thats immune to light based items or ranged damage?

f they introduced enemies earlier on that countered lifesteal would you be happy?
yes in fact. because then it wouldn't be some random bull:red:

kay, then they should just mushify lifesteal.
not mushify...restrict it to certain items so it can be properly balanced.(theres a chance those could even be stronger. higher lifesteal balanced by the item's lower damage/no homing/low range/low rate of fire whatever) if only a handful of specific weapons had it it could be predicted and balanced around. instead you get this ridiculous blanket stuff because the wrong weapon with that bonus can apparently make you a god even with its additional heal per damage caps. but you know, thats cool...except against one specific enemy. then nerf without warning. bandaid slapped on. whee

Last edited:
I had my fun with the game. Don't get me wrong. But this has been nagging me for a while now in the back of my head. Why do I get the endgame gear from the final boss when the endgame gear should be required to beat the final boss? I can do nothing with the weapons. The mining mount is the only thing useful.

No game can give you anything objectively worth your effort at endgame, though. If it's not one thing it's another or nothing at all. Of course new weapons aren't really "needed" if you could already beat him before that, but what else would they give you? No weapons would be worth it, no armor would be worth it and so on. "Normal" games "fix" this issue by literally ending after you beat the final boss. Meaning the credits roll and that's it, you don't even think about "endgame" because there isn't one. It's done. Start a new file.

In "endless games" such as Terraria, what are they supposed to give you? MMOs, sandbox games, etc can't ever actually fulfill that endgame for everybody, because they're caught in a state of endless ending. So sure, the weapons and armor after Moon Lord aren't "needed" for anything, but neither is that drill mount, and neither is literally anything they could ever think of. It's literally impossible. They'd have to give you *something* for beating him at least, otherwise you'd just get a "Thanks for playing!" and it be the end of it. Either way you aren't satisfying everybody.

I disagree, making lifesteal less viable actually makes the other playstyles viable because lifesteal would be much, much more powerful than anything else on him. It doesn't disable lifesteal entirely, nor does it disable melee or mage weapons.

What is actually not a problem of the player, its a problem with the mechanic itself. And therefor there is no reason to allow that stuff the whole game, but make an exception only for the last boss. And thats the problem here (Fake Difficulty)

I actually pointed out the fact that it still worked on all the other bosses right after I said that. Are you trying to be "right" for the sake of being right or are you actually trying to get something off this debate? You still didn't answer my original question.
No just pointing it out since I didn't see you mention it

Ive never had to cheese the Moon Lord;
I just use RoD to dodge the laser, with Super Health Potions, and when I need it, magic mirror home and RoD to the nurse. (Since her house is underground)

Well, not sure if the nurse thing is cheesing, but yeah I have no problem with the big bad boss.

EDIT: I don't autopause either.

Last edited:
sandbox game. suddenly the final boss is the only thing in the entire game to randomly have resistances.

yeah, maybe if this were 505's blatantly broken work i'd understand suddenly out of nowhere having "resistances" to disable a specific piece of gear...whats next a 'superduper final last boss' thats immune to light based items or ranged damage?

yes in fact. because then it wouldn't be some random bull:red:

So... all the current enemies with immunities to debuffs don't count as resistances?

Also, them randomly adding enemies that share this attribute would satisfy your need for this not to be random?

Last thing, what about the Wall of Flesh?

I just use RoD to dodge the laser, with Super Health Potions, and when I need it, magic mirror home and RoD to the nurse. (Since her house is underground)

Well, not sure if the nurse thing is cheesing, but yeah I have no problem with the big bad boss.
Technically, it is, but hey do what you have to do. I really hate having to do it, but eh

The nurse thing isn't cheesing since it's a feature. It's something that's supposed to be here, the nurse healing you whenever you want it. Being invicible off of green slimes isn't quite a feature, I believe.

Technically, it is, but hey do what you have to do. I really hate having to do it, but eh

I don't really see the nurse as cheesing, it is her function. And it isn't like she is immortal and you can just sit next to her healing the whole time.

That said, I prefer not to use her. I mostly used her early on against the moon events when I respawned.

I don't really see the nurse as cheesing, it is her function. And it isn't like she is immortal and you can just sit next to her healing the whole time.

That said, I prefer not to use her. I mostly used her early on against the moon events when I respawned.
Using her yeah thats not cheating, but warping out of the battlefield and using auto pause to quick heal and warp back is sorta cheesing it which in a perfect world I would prefer not to do

I just can't for the life of me understand how someone can't beat the moon lord on normal.

010OXhW.jpg

Here's my general boss arena. Don't worry about the temple traps and the lava that was for something else. It has places to climb around on and a few times I was on top of it fighting him. I used Beetle Armor, Warding Star Veil, Warding Ankh Shield, Menacing Wings, Menacing Charm of Myths, Armored Destroyer Emblem (Ran out of plats and didn't care). Endurance Potion, Life Force Potion, Iron Skin Potion, and Rage Potion.

Used Eye of Cthulu yoyo as a weapon.

Edit: May even work on expert if you learned how to use it. Your weapon of choice.
Edit 2: Solar Flare is better than the yoyo which I used later after a few more tower clearings.

Last edited:
So still nothing to help the stardust guardian? Oh well atleast it's something:indifferent:
Also I don't knowwhy people are so upset! I have beaten the Moonlord by standing in my home next to my nurse and spamming solar eruption with shroomite armor and it worked just fine :nursecool:

Last edited:
Nearly the same, however, its debuff is equal to all player and play styles. So its more similar to the Crawltipedes

That wasn't the other person's main gripe about it. Unique enemy mechanics and counters hardly make it fake difficulty. Especially when it doesn't make it unbeatable. This debuff also is equal to all players and play styles, it prevents healing in from leech effects. This includes your allies receiving heals from the spectre hood. If anything lifesteal itself was what was unfair to other playstyles. Enemies being immune to debuffs is also fake difficulty right?

Yeah but can you call "lifesteal" a playstyle? it's just a slight feature that you get from two items in the game.

Remember how many people cried when vampire knifes get nerved? I'm not used to play mages myself and as primary playing as a "def tank" vampire knifes aren'tmuch useful for me either, but I know a lot of people who rely on one of those items. So yeah, its not less a playstyle than playing a pure firebolts throwing mage with a shabby robe and no melee or ranger weapons, I guess.

Remember how many people cried when vampire knifes get nerved? I'm not used to play mages myself and as primary playing as a "def tank" vampire knifes aren'tmuch useful for me neither, but I know a lot of people who rely on one of those items. So yeah, its not less a playstyle than playing a pure firebolts throwing mage with a shabby robe and no melee or ranger weapons, I guess.

People will cry about any nerf that they perceive might affect them negatively in anyway. That doesn't make it a playstyle. And if you rely on one item that much A) It is probably actually unbalanced B) Maybe you aren't really that good and not using it will make you better.

Being able to beat all the other bosses doesn't really mean you should be able to beat another boss. Plenty of people couldn't beat Fishron for awhile, despite being able to beat everything else. People need to give it some time before wanting it nerfed.

Also, beating him becomes far easier after getting a full set of new armor. Though, it is rough since you have to beat him twice to do so :p

Right, it all depends on the devs ideas of progression. Is it going to be rock-paper-scizzors style(pokemon, megaman, etc.), or a level-up style(most jrpgs) or is it going to be stronger and stronger gear?

Right. The players then discover, practice and succeed with a strategy to defeat the bosses. If they fail, they'll find/develop a new strategy to try. If they repeatedly fail they might resort to exploits/cheats/hacks or just plain give up. It takes a time investment to be able to do it with one's own skills. These youtubers who are legit beating ML have spent hours in practice. These youtubers who are cheese beating ML are spending hours in creating their "device". In all cases, people need to spend time with it and figure how they can make their skills work for them in beating him.

I wonder how a good hoik would fair against ML and if it would be considered cheesing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom