PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried checking that build without the Cross Necklace? It could be an issue with it in particular, rather than the Statues themselves.

Ok, here is the video

As you can see, even without the cross necklace, I would not receive damage from Moon Lord attacks. In fact, swapping it for paladin shield made it even easier as the stardust dragon (for some reason) would agro my crabs less.

UPDATED:

I just killed him with this set up. None of his attacks would bypass immunity from crabs. Please let the developers know so they would figure out what is going on!

Last edited:
I don't really care about patching the "Immunity" method, as everything I do with him is just running through asphalt skybridge. Though I really think that he shouldn't be buffed that much - not because he's too powerful (in normal mode he's challenge only to moment when I get my hands on >>Celebration!<<), but because I fear what challenge he will be in Expert Mode then. Let us win this game on both, I beg You!

I'm REALLY glad they updated the Celestial Shell as everyone suggested. Fantastic!

I have to laugh at this update, though. There's been yet another attempt to reduce Moon Lord cheesing, which in my view is extremely silly. If players want to fight the boss legitimately, they will do so of their own choosing, without the developers trying to force them. Clever players will always find a way to be cheesy, no matter what the developers do. I enjoy the challenge of figuring out new ways to cheese Moon Lord after previous cheesy methods get nerfed. If players want to flat-out cheat, they can very easily do that too with mods or inventory editors.

I don't quite understand Re-Digit's motive in expending energy trying to prevent cheesing strategies, but I appreciate it in the sense that I like the challenge.

No amount of Moon Lord buffs will prevent me from farming up sky-high towers of Luminite with faceroll cheese strategies. I beat him on Expert legit one time, post-teleport buff, and that one time was enough to satisfy my sense of honor. :p

You can now hide the Moon Charm and Neptune Shell's effects...or put them in vanity!
Darn it, now I can't wear moon shell in vanity slot without turning into merfolk and werewolf? Here goes my practical usage of vanity slots.

Made this account just to say this. Moon Lord even in Expert Mode isn't that hard. Here is an easy strategy for Moon Lord Expert with mage: Nebula Set and Celestial Charm + Celestial Shell and Worm Scarf with Warding everything. Weapons can be Lunar Flare, Prism, or Razor. Use Health Regen + Iron Skin + Endurance and you will be able to out-heal the Moon Lord's damage at night as long as you can avoid the eyebeam (by building 10 solid blocks)

They buffed him though? His summon staff actually gets tinkered bonuses now and his segment damage multipliers are higher than before.
All i saw when in-game was a mass lowered summon damage.. from 137 to 84 is a big gap

ill google the wiki.. he solo-d about 7 dungeon guardians last night

All i saw when in-game was a mass lowered summon damage.. from 137 to 84 is a big gap

ill google the wiki.. he solo-d about 7 dungeon guardians last night

And there you go. You saw a number and assumed without testing it even for a second in the field.

Your dragon is objectively stronger. If you took even a moment to throw on your summon set and watched him go, you'd see undeniably higher numbers.

And people wonder why levels of disrespect fly around these threads; misinformation and the loud voices of the uninformed echo everywhere.

Wait a moment. I just figured out something:
WHY THE HELL SHROOMITE ARMOR BONUS DOESN'T WORK WHILE MOUNTED???!!!
No, really, it's sick! I understand that Vortex set bonus should be better than SHroomite's in everything, but it's not how should it be done!
In fact, now Shroomite armor bonus is totally useless. Really, how should I use it? To snipe slimes? I cannot buff myself suring a fight unless I want to get slaughtered. Now it's propably only armor in the game with such dumb set bonus. Every other armor from similar tier (Beetle, Spectre) does something, this one doesn't. My congratulations for devs, I'm really disappointed.
IMO instead of nerfing Shroomite set bonus (again...), you should make Vortex usable on mounts. It's really irritating that Rangers have such disadvantage in late-game.
BTW, I suppose in next update Shroomite and Vortex bonuses will not work when player is above 50% health, has more than 20 armor points or uses ranged weapon.

And there you go. You saw a number and assumed without testing it even for a second in the field.

Your dragon is objectively stronger. If you took even a moment to throw on your summon set and watched him go, you'd see undeniably higher numbers.

And people wonder why levels of disrespect fly around these threads; misinformation and the loud voices of the uninformed echo everywhere.
Dude, i aint mad, i tossed him out when the patch went live, i thought it was the same scenario as the Vampire knives being nerfed, im sorry if i sounded aggressive somehow.

You're a bit abrasive and sarcastic yourself, @General Milky.

The Stardust Dragon Staff's base damage has been dramatically lowered. Previously, it was identical to the base damage of the Stardust Cell Staff; it's now listed approximately 35% lower, according to the tooltip. Further, it's difficult to do a comparison test now that the game has been updated, because you'd need to have the 1.3.0.5 version of the staff to do a proper comparison. I doubt most people timed exactly how long it took them to defeat X or Y enemy with the old Stardust Dragon Staff, for example.

I tend to use the Staff even as a non-summoner, with one to three segments depending on buffs, for protection while fishing or whatever. In my experience with 1.3.0.6 so far, the Dragon now takes longer to kill enemies than it used to.

It may be that the staff has been nerfed at the low end (when there are few segments) to prevent it being such a good guardian against normal enemies for non-summoners, and slightly buffed at the high end. I really doubt it's been buffed as much as you claim, since it was already extremely strong before this update and could even solo Expert Moon Lord fairly quickly, provided you could keep your summoner alive (very challenging).

Yeah, I apologise and concede I was being a bit of an :red: there. it's just that this thread is killing me. This community kills me.

The facts are, the segment multipliers were raised. You're absolutely right in that it's not as strong as it was if you have a minion count of 1, but for a summoner that would actually use the dragon as a main killing force, it's much better. Cells outperformed it before, it was worthless as a main summon compared to its sister weapon.

But I guess it's ruined. Nuetered and garbage, according to some particularly salty posts. ...Kind of like how Phantasm and it's immense 15k-ish DPS was utter trash last patch.

I got great Jungle Mimic drop ideas! Here they are:
Moss Staff : 30 attack, 10 mana, Weak Knockback, 4% crit. chance, throws magic moss projectiles in a wide area, spreads growth(moss and Grass), Speed: Fast
The Moss Sword: 45 attack, Size: Similar to Seedler(I don't know how many pixels is that -_-) Knockback: Average, 4% Crit. Chance, Speed: Fast
The Grassy Bow: 50 attack, Knockback: High, 5% Crit. Chance, Speed: Fast, Velocity: 8?, Turns any kind of Arrow fired into Grass Arrow, similarily to the Shadowflame bow. The Grass Arrrows should also be craftable with 10 Jungle Spores, 10 stingers , 5 vines And 100 Wooden arrows which would result in 100 Grass Arrows.:merchantsigh:
And lastly (And problaby the most difficult to make), The Plant Hook: Simultaneous Hooks: Three, And a special trait: the second hook will drag you towards itself with 25% more power thant the first, and the third with 150% more. ( I had a dream about this one) :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Made this account just to say this. Moon Lord even in Expert Mode isn't that hard. Here is an easy strategy for Moon Lord Expert with mage: Nebula Set and Celestial Charm + Celestial Shell and Worm Scarf with Warding everything. Weapons can be Lunar Flare, Prism, or Razor. Use Health Regen + Iron Skin + Endurance and you will be able to out-heal the Moon Lord's damage at night as long as you can avoid the eyebeam (by building 10 solid blocks)

I agree, though i use melee weapons/ranged. You don't even need any arena or block shield as you can use wings to easily avoid the eyebeam. I destroy the eye first and then hands/heart are easy just by fleeing and shooting.

I don't know where else to do it:confused:
[DOUBLEPOST=1437470844,1437470781][/DOUBLEPOST]Guess I'll just stop it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437471027][/DOUBLEPOST]I just registered here a few days ago.
Does anyone know a place where you can freely share your suggestions and ideas?

So, they buffed dragon staff if u use a summoner set, ixed alot of buggs, and now you can hide the wolf if u want on the celestial shell. Nice guys, never seen a game developers who listen to the comunnity like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom