PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Did you just use the word baka?

You can use the money trough to access your piggy bank. Use the piggy bank to hold extra items. More than coins can go in it.
It`s more comvenient to just click them one time to swap them rather than openeing the piggy and and do it manually. But in there are some too. Fishing stuff for example. The sponge and the bucket etc

Game mechanics have been changed in the past though.

I have no problem with that. As I said, other than the spikes, it's the perception that's bothering people. Really, for most casual players, ML having separate damage wouldn't even be noticeable. The HP buffs made in earlier 1.3 patches would affect those people far more.

If they reverted the change, then people would continue to use them on other bosses/events. This is not intended, as implied by previous patches and stated in this thread. Spikes just had a lower priority due to bigger matters and their higher damage.

I can see this being an issue if/when there's new content. For the time being, it simply seems to be an issue primarily for the Moon Lord though. And with patch 1.3.0.6, it's no longer an issue yes? I just kinda think it's punishing newer/more casual players for a now non-issue. I mean, hey, maybe if there's a 1.3.0.7, revert it and see if there are any new exploits? If so, then yeah, use the current setup in 1.3.0.8. It'd just be blocking off that bit of coding? So it wouldn't involve too much work?

As for the bag, do you mean literally the bag itself? As in you are collecting them? (Not questioning why you would want to collect the bags, I intend to do the same :D just checking) Or do you mean a Lunatic Cultist expert item? Because there isn't one. (yet, hopefully ;) after the devs take their well deserved, and needed, break of course)

I mean collect the bag because... look, I don't NEED 1 (or at least 3) of everything. I just... have a problem...

And yeah, as said, already got the mask. I just want the bag. Yes, I can get every item in the game via maps other players put up. I just wanna get 'em legit. So yeah, beaten Moon Lord legit.

The cross necklace is hardmode, so it wouldn't have helped you pre-hardmode unless you brought one in. Do you mean reentering the hardmode dungeon? I've usually covered up/mined out the more troublesome spikes by then. (Looking at you hallway long spikes across the floor of a 4 high hallway)

Well, bear in mind, I gotta kill and kill and kill a lot of mobs for the key molds. But I wouldn't necessarily be in super strong gear when I returned. It wasn't until I got the pre-nerfed Spectre Set that Dungeons became easy. And once I got Vampire Knives/Scourge of the Corrupter, any character was able to handle it. BUT, until then... there was a period where I-Frame accessories (don't remember which one I used) really helped. Didn't make me invincible but it helped.

Just a couple of questions:
3. It seems the current implementation of the nurse is the core of some cheese strategies. She always seemed a little overpowered to me. I think you could bring a lot of balance by simply introducing a "fresh stitches" debuff which prevents the player from using her services for X time just like the potion sickness.
No please no... The nurse should be meant to be a source of safety, she is easy enough to get killed anyways. Why make her only useful trait much less so...

Also if you guys are having any trouble with the nurse 1 gold achievement message me.

Since this seems to be the topic of the day, The only way I beat the ML the first time was as a Melee class, pretty much spamming a max atk spd Vamp Knives.

Then that got nerfed, and the only way I could beat it was with 2 people one to be there so that if the other died ML wouldn't despawn.

I haven't done any more fight cause I have everything he drops including Expert. But from what I understand a player on the field half a map away will no longer work do to a previous "FIX"

I really don't like gear a certain way or building things to fight bosses no matter how simple it is.
I don't want to be forced to do so just to beat the final boss.

Let me fly around in a crazed battle frenzy panicing the whole time dodging this and that, and still be able to heal from my weapons.

(80% of the time I can dodge the big eye lazor. It a matter of studying the npc ai, Its aiming tactics are easy to under stand. Its the other 20% that gets me killed.)

Last edited:
I have no problem with that. As I said, other than the spikes, it's the perception that's bothering people. Really, for most casual players, ML having separate damage wouldn't even be noticeable. The HP buffs made in earlier 1.3 patches would affect those people far more.

I can see this being an issue if/when there's new content. For the time being, it simply seems to be an issue primarily for the Moon Lord though. And with patch 1.3.0.6, it's no longer an issue yes? I just kinda think it's punishing newer/more casual players for a now non-issue. I mean, hey, maybe if there's a 1.3.0.7, revert it and see if there are any new exploits? If so, then yeah, use the current setup in 1.3.0.8. It'd just be blocking off that bit of coding? So it wouldn't involve too much work?

I mean collect the bag because... look, I don't NEED 1 (or at least 3) of everything. I just... have a problem...

And yeah, as said, already got the mask. I just want the bag. Yes, I can get every item in the game via maps other players put up. I just wanna get 'em legit. So yeah, beaten Moon Lord legit.

Well, bear in mind, I gotta kill and kill and kill a lot of mobs for the key molds. But I wouldn't necessarily be in super strong gear when I returned. It wasn't until I got the pre-nerfed Spectre Set that Dungeons became easy. And once I got Vampire Knives/Scourge of the Corrupter, any character was able to handle it. BUT, until then... there was a period where I-Frame accessories (don't remember which one I used) really helped. Didn't make me invincible but it helped.

It isn't that the spike is a non issue elsewhere, it's that it was made painfully clear by the videos of people using it against the Moon Lord.

I do too >.< Everytime I start a new world I go about collecting everything >.< I have like 12 sets of most armors between my worlds.

Well, the cross necklace still works, it's just you have to look out for spikes more than before. If anything this encourages players to take proper measures to avoid the spikes. Such as covering or mining them. People could still abuse them in the dungeon, as the dungeon mobs do far more damage than spikes. It might be a little rough now, if you don't take precautions, but the spikes are now a hazard instead of a boon. As they should be.

I think one thing I may need to bring up on my end. Terraria takes a very long time to actually start up. I once ate lunch and finished before the game even started up. Does anyone else get this?

Could be because my computer is actually old. 2ghz dual core amd processor, 2.75 usable ram.

I think one thing I may need to bring up on my end. Terraria takes a very long time to actually start up. I once ate lunch and finished before the game even started up. Does anyone else get this?

Could be because my computer is actually old. 2ghz dual core amd processor, 2.75 usable ram.
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30GHz with 8 GB of Ram and... same problem! It's not your PC.

edit: also sometimes my whole pc crashes wtf. My monitor turns black and every sound just stops working. I also had this while playing The Sims 4 though, so it might just be overheating of some sorts.

Terraria has always been slow, The 3 computers I have played it on have varied from rather new to kinda old. And from when the play button is pressed it usually takes about 20-40 secs before it actually with load up. Note this is first time game run after my computer is shutdown. If I launch it within about 1-4 hours after that it starts in less than 10 secs.

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30GHz with 8 GB of Ram and... same problem! It's not your PC.

edit: also sometimes my whole pc crashes wtf. My monitor turns black and every sound just stops working. I also had this while playing The Sims 4 though, so it might just be overheating of some sorts.

That second issue sounds like an overheat issue, definitely.

I pretty much need to get another fan or change to NVIDIA haha, I can fry eggs with my AMD.
Nvidia used to be like that, but yeah AMDs can get reallllllllllyyyyyy HOT

I would see what your current fans condition is, and if it is melted or nicked, replace the fan first it is cheaper.

You buffed the Moon Lord, once with anti-leech, and indirectly this time. You don't have idiots as your full player base. In fact, it helped others find something stronger than before to cheese him. I see the future now, it'll come to a point where no one will even summon the final event, and just spawn all their items in.. honestly it's a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
Nvidia used to be like that, but yeah AMDs can get reallllllllllyyyyyy HOT

I would see what your current fans condition is, and if it is melted or nicked, replace the fan first it is cheaper.
Fans are doing alright, cheering for me (? and resisting everything. PC recently un-dusted. I might have to point out that I play with Chrome open, usually 1 to 4 tabs, mostly The Youtubes. It doesn't crash ALWAYS, though, just sometimes. (but it did in 1.3 to 1.3.0.1, thank you Red for whatever you did in 1.3.0.2, it solved 98/100 of it.)

Celestial Shell in social slot changes player's appearance independently of visibility option.
Yes, that was part of the update that I really supported. I like the feature. For those who don't like it they can either keep it on, or if they like it enough, they can put the shell or related items in vanity. Great feature really.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437498732,1437498417][/DOUBLEPOST]
But... its stats and behavior are exactly the same to every single player except those standing on top of beginning level mobs for invulnerability, and the boss fight itself is 100% unedited?
I was talking about the buff a while ago (The life steal nerfs against him) , I think that made more players look for more cheeses. and this one made it worse. I think it is a lot more fun to do the fight with friends, I don't know why the rest of the community doesn't do that, but what ever they can take their cheese cake walks. This was more of a nerf to everyone rather than a buff to the boss Haha.

1.3 version loads game much slower, because it preloads all needed resources into memory to reduce stuttering. It's a good thing, but we have to pay for it with long loading time.
If you quit the game and then start it again, it will start much faster, because game's resources are already cached.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437499245,1437498958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, that was part of the update that I really supported. I like the feature. For those who don't like it they can either keep it on, or if they like it enough, they can put the shell or related items in vanity. Great feature really.
But why it changes me to werewolf at daytime?! :confused:

1.3 version loads game much slower, because it preloads all needed resources into memory to reduce stuttering. It's a good thing, but we have to pay for it with long loading time.
If you quit the game and then start it again, it will start much faster, because game's resources are already cached.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437499245,1437498958][/DOUBLEPOST]
But why it changes me to werewolf at daytime?! :confused:

Because vanity slot. :confused:

No matter what he used, it wouldn't be unbelievable.

I had to repetitively beat Moon Lord in testing and I made sure to use as weak, barebones loadouts as possible to make sure it was possible without minmaxing. It is, just not very easy.

Basic and barebones means, steampunk wings, spectre boots, damage emblem, charm of myths, and another usually class-specific equip (talking Mana Cuffs, Fire Gauntlet, Parypus Scarab...)

Arena was a small wood box starter house with a campfire and heart lantern hanging off, to run into during his laser.

This was normal mode, though. I didn't extensively test Expert because I was focused on main game class balance. Point is, it's possible to win in basic pre ML accessories and armor, it shouldn't be needed proven in a trial by fire.

Edit:

Stardust dragon was buffed. it's better. I'm sick of saying this.

Even if it WASN'T, cells were still the better boss killer in 1.3.0.5 anyway so summoners didn't lose a damn thing.

#1 only at bigger growths otherwise it was nerfed.
#2 then stop repeating it no one is forcing you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom