PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this one of these "viable methods" of killing it then?

He never touches the keyboard after the fight starts.

Sorry but I LMAO'd at this. xD;;

Anyway, as for me, I'd wanna introduce a new item mechanism for the next patch? I was gonna ask if you can make it so that there's vanity options for weapons as well? [This might be suggested before, but IDK how it would work, but it would be cool though if you can.]

Why does the Gravity Globe not let you flip directions in midair like a Gravitation Potion? That kind of makes it mediocre. Which a bit disappointing considering the effort you have to put into getting it.

As for that stronger method people are abusing, here it is. Cmon devs... Now people have gotten so desperate they found ways to kill it with less HP Regen.

So I'm guessing that in the next patch the Moon Lord will suck up all heart and mana drops?
They are going to remove everything in your Terraria world during the fight besides a single wooden platform running across the world next thing you know. Meanwhile melee which is already the setup with huge (The most?) damage and armor gets a buff. I wonder which class they favor ^.^

Last edited:
They are going to remove everything in your Terraria world during the fight besides a single wooden platform running across the world next thing you know.
Not even that. During the fight, the Moon Lord will teleport you to a 50x50 box full of a new unbreakable 'Moon Lord Brick' and give you a debuff that disables all teleporting. There will also be a debuff that makes it so if you stand still for more than 3 seconds you start taking damage.

I really don't like gear a certain way or building things to fight bosses no matter how simple it is.
I don't want to be forced to do so just to beat the final boss.

Let me fly around in a crazed battle frenzy panicing the whole time dodging this and that, and still be able to heal from my weapons.

(80% of the time I can dodge the big eye lazor. It a matter of studying the npc ai, Its aiming tactics are easy to under stand. Its the other 20% that gets me killed.)

I beat him this way without the lifesteal the day before 1.3 was made live, it was extremely satisfying.

Game mechanics have been changed in the past though. Meteorite and Hellstone were the old spikes. Spikes weren't seen as a problem due to their higher damage, but now with higher defense they have become one. He isn't the only boss to go through various buffs/nerfs. Destroyer is back stronger than ever.
i think you missed his point. he wasn't talking about fixing the spike exploit...he was talking about moonlord and moonlord alone getting special rule exceptions like "has his own timer" and "immune to lifesteal"

they're seeing a problem and slapping a bandaid on it(lifesteal) rather than fix the root(spikes)

edit- followed the chain all the way up, that isn't what hes saying so never mind on the specific reply just the general
No please no... The nurse should be meant to be a source of safety, she is easy enough to get killed anyways. Why make her only useful trait much less so...
yeah thats dumb.

wait....unless they made her only do that against moonlord? ;P

Since this seems to be the topic of the day, The only way I beat the ML [...]
Then that got nerfed[...] "FIX"
he really isn't that hard. thats why people build afk farms of him for entertainment in the first place. you already can just beat him flying around. you can do it easily enough with just a few platforms and a dual/bathook too. just chlorophyte bullets make a joke to shoot while flying around.

wolf in day. I kind of like it actually :D
wish it and merfolk would show under other vanity armor though

I see absolutely no problem with the devs wanting the game to be however difficult (in either way) they want it to be. The base game should be as the devs intended.

I don't see a problem with it, either. What I've said is that I don't understand their near-constant attempts to buff Moon Lord and remove cheesing methods, which is quite different from saying that they shouldn't do it or shouldn't be able to do it. In other words, their motivations for doing so are a mystery to me, since they can't actually prevent people from cheating. Keep in mind also that in years past, the same cheesing methods people are using now with Moon Lord existed for Duke Fishron, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, etc. They didn't seem to mind it, then. What's changed?

Judging by your posts in this thread, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to deliver condescending lectures to anyone whose opinion seems remotely critical of the game or Re-Digit. That doesn't seem like a healthy approach to discussing the game, but YMMV.

i think you missed his point. he wasn't talking about fixing the spike exploit...he was talking about moonlord and moonlord alone getting special rule exceptions like "has his own timer" and "immune to lifesteal"

they're seeing a problem and slapping a bandaid on it(lifesteal) rather than fix the root(spikes)

They fixed spikes and nerfed lifesteal. Lifesteal is powerful in other areas of the game, but against the moon lord it was ridiculous. There are only so many solutions they could use. If the boss had been introduced with the lifesteal block everyone would probably already be over it. It's because they saw how easy it was to facetank with the lifesteal that there is uproar at all.

I'd rather they introduce him being immune/resistant to lifesteal than have them tank it for the whole game.

their near-constant attempts to buff Moon Lord and remove cheesing methods

its not a buff, its quality assurance stuff that normally gets shaken out in testing but we've been doing so much(at this point more to troll the dev's fixes than anything) its bigger than it looked :p

of course they're going to fix it so it plays as intended

(just I want more actual fixes like spikes and less bandiad fixes like lifesteal)
(@devs speaking of player placed spikes...in thursday's 1.3.0.7 update can you throw some enemy damage their way while repatching moonlord? ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999,1][/DOUBLEPOST]
they fixed spikes and nerfed lifesteal. Lifesteal is powerful in other areas of the game, but against the moon lord it was ridiculous
they fixed spikes and jerryrigged a special exception to moonlord for lifesteal...lifesteal is exactly as powerful against the moon lord as it is everywhere else. he had no specific vulnerability to it. if its broken to him its simply broken.
thats a problem you fix not cover up and pretend because devs are still feeling mulish about the initial backlash for specterhood's implementation.

even the slimepit bandaid...why not make all bosses use the same shared damage tick separate from statue mobs? just moon lord?

I'd rather they introduce him being immune/resistant to lifesteal than have them tank it for the whole game.
what kind of insane logic makes jerryrigged patch and tank the whole game with lifesteal the only two options?

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with it, either. What I've said is that I don't understand their near-constant attempts to buff Moon Lord and remove cheesing methods, which is quite different from saying that they shouldn't do it or shouldn't be able to do it. In other words, their motivations for doing so are a mystery to me, since they can't actually prevent people from cheating. Keep in mind also that in years past, the same cheesing methods people are using now with Moon Lord existed for Duke Fishron, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, etc. They didn't seem to mind it, then. What's changed?

Judging by your posts in this thread, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to deliver condescending lectures to anyone whose opinion seems remotely critical of the game or Re-Digit. That doesn't seem like a healthy approach to discussing the game, but YMMV.

They've already said. "Because it's the final boss. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom