PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are still going on about the fact that they can't cheese the Moon Lord anymore?... He's hard alright, but it's the final boss for a reason. With proper preparation it's very doable.

On a more important note, the Stardust Armor could use a buff. And yet, the Stardust Dragon Staff got nerfed. I guess because other classes were making use of the best summon in the game as a standalone minion (which really wasn't a major problem). Apparently the damage output is supposed to be the same if you equip summoner armor though because of an increased fragment multiplier. All fine and dandy, but the summoner class is still very much outclassed.

they fixed spikes and jerryrigged a special exception to moonlord for lifesteal...lifesteal is exactly as powerful against the moon lord as it is everywhere else. he had no specific vulnerability to it. if its broken to him its simply broken.
thats a problem you fix not cover up and pretend because devs are still feeling mulish about the initial specterhood backlash.

even the slimepit bandaid...why not make all bosses use the same shared damage tick separate from statue mobs? just moon lord?

what kind of insane logic makes that the only two choices?

How? You could still die in other places in the game using lifesteal. I don't know if it was just the new stuff that broke lifesteal by being too strong, but their options to fix it without breaking it earlier on are rather limited.

Mobs/bosses have special immunities already. There's no knockback, many debuffs don't work, some new mobs can become invulnerable, projectile reflection, and I'm sure there's more I missed.

The mob thing I agree, that was a quick bandaid, but they have been working "insane hours" to get this patch out to us and are trying to get it into working order so they can take a well deserved/needed break. I hope after their break they expand that to all bosses and maybe the moons.

People are still going on about the fact that they can't cheese the Moon Lord anymore?... He's hard alright, but it's the final boss for a reason. With proper preparation it's very doable.

On a more important note, the Stardust Armor could use a buff. And yet, the Stardust Dragon Staff got nerfed. I guess because other classes were making use of the best summon in the game as a standalone minion (which really wasn't a major problem). Apparently the damage output is supposed to be the same if you equip summoner armor though because of an increased fragment multiplier. All fine and dandy, but the summoner class is still very much outclassed.

The Stardust Dragon got buffed. It's just that low segment dragons don't do as much. High segment dragons do more than before.

They've already said. "Because it's the final boss. "

That's really not much of an answer, being qualitative rather than quantitative.

People are still going on about the fact that they can't cheese the Moon Lord anymore?

The Moon Lord can't be cheesed anymore? That's news to me. I beat Expert Moon Lord in just under two minutes by holding down two buttons not long after the latest patch went live. :p

That's kind of my point: Without dramatically altering a whole bunch of things about the game, they can't prevent cheesing. A new easy method will be found in short order, so they've taken on quite a task by reacting to every cheesy tactic. They'll be at it for quite a while.

Well, guess it can't be helped that what I've said will be interpreted as "complaining" or some such. C'est la vie.

How? You could still die in other places in the game using lifesteal. I don't know if it was just the new stuff that broke lifesteal by being too strong, but their options to fix it without breaking it earlier on are rather limited.

Mobs/bosses have special immunities already. There's no knockback, many debuffs don't work, some new mobs can become invulnerable, projectile reflection, and I'm sure there's more I missed.

The mob thing I agree, that was a quick bandaid, but they have been working "insane hours" to get this patch out to us and are trying to get it into working order so they can take a well deserved/needed break. I hope after their break they expand that to all bosses and maybe the moons.

The Stardust Dragon got buffed. It's just that low segment dragons don't do as much. High segment dragons do more than before.
so it was basically buffed for us summoners? 8D

I don't know if it was just the new stuff that broke lifesteal by being too strong
yes. this. this exactly. the specterhood's implementation was blatantly this problem from the start. everybody could see that coming a mile away...well almost everybody i guess. when you apply the effect to every spell in the game past present and future you're going to have balance problems when adding powerful new spells. fix it by replacing the hood with however many individual spells with the exact same lifesteal mechanic as they wish. some play testing and rebalancing. bam. legitimately solved. maybe improved even.

That's really not much of an answer, being qualitative rather than quantitative..
why let dungeonguardian instakill you without warning, couldn't program a door lock? why the kludgy solution to teleporting from wall of flesh(instakilled without warning rather than diable mirror? what?)? why does santa explode into meaty chunks outside december rather than just leave? terraria is just *like* that. big pile of welded on patches that look probably temporary at the time.
the thing shipped with graphics stolen from finalfantasy for f:redmunch:ks sake:/ ;P

Keep in mind also that in years past, the same cheesing methods people are using now with Moon Lord existed for Duke Fishron, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, etc. They didn't seem to mind it, then. What's changed?
its come a long way since those days i mention though

just because they didn't fix it then...

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with it, either. What I've said is that I don't understand their near-constant attempts to buff Moon Lord and remove cheesing methods, which is quite different from saying that they shouldn't do it or shouldn't be able to do it. In other words, their motivations for doing so are a mystery to me, since they can't actually prevent people from cheating. Keep in mind also that in years past, the same cheesing methods people are using now with Moon Lord existed for Duke Fishron, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, etc. They didn't seem to mind it, then. What's changed?

Judging by your posts in this thread, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to deliver condescending lectures to anyone whose opinion seems remotely critical of the game or Re-Digit. That doesn't seem like a healthy approach to discussing the game, but YMMV.

They can't stop players from "cheating", but they can make sure the base game is in working order and doesn't have silly exploits like abusing weak enemies to avoid damage.

Them not getting around to fixing something in the past shouldn't bring their motives into question now, they've been busy. They have said in this thread that, seeing how easy the Moon Lord has been pushed around has brought it into perspective. The only "cheese" that worked in the past that they've changed is the mobs, and there was already talk about in the past. Well, and the spike, but there is precedence for that in that they changed fireblocks in 1.2.

Edit:
so it was basically buffed for us summoners? 8D

Yeah, they fixed prefixes not working for it, which was a buff for everyone. Then they lowered the base damage, which is why it looks weaker at first glance. But, they increased the strength it gains from having more segments. So, a maxed dragon will be stronger than it was before. Can't remember when they said the new multiplier overcomes the base damage reduction, but I want to say they said around 3-4 segments.

Last edited:
@Soulstiger
There will always be players who can push the Moon Lord around easily, no matter what is changed. New cheese methods will be discovered as quickly as old ones are nerfed, although most of the cheese methods I'm aware of actually still work just fine. This game is far too much of an open-ended sandbox to close every loophole, or even most of them. In fact, the closing of invincibility frame loopholes apparently hasn't been entirely successful. People have already posted videos of themselves cheesing Moon Lord that way post-patch in this very thread.

As I've said, the developers have taken on quite a task for themselves here. I'm not complaining, not even in a veiled fashion (my cheese methods still work 100% and I already have more Luminite and Treasure Bags than I'll ever need) and in fact welcome the constant changes. Closed loopholes give me motivation to find more, and since I've played this game for over 1,000 hours since release, motivation to do stuff in Terraria is good.

[Regarding future updates]

I'm curious about the possibility of two things that may make the experience of Terraria more enjoyable. Will we ever see an item that allows us to summon Martians? Perhaps a "Mysterious Crop Circle", or something of that nature. Another idea is the possibility of having vanity slots for our pet/light let/mount/etc, although that thought may be limited considering that I don't see a lot of suggestions regarding it. I'm rather fond of the Fishron Mount as well as the Unicorn, and the ability to interchange them would be fantastic!

Still, the ability to summon Martians would be neat (I was happy to see the Solar Tablet actually become a thing). I'm still so impressed with the ideas you've adopted from the community and support you've shown.

I don't see a lot of suggestions regarding it
now you have for minecarts ;P

I'd like to 2nd requests for vanity slot for minecarts, hooks(you can see this now by switching equipped hooks while attached to one), lightpets, and possibly the ability to place a regular pet in the lightpet slot if we choose((extra pets can be replicated using with save editors to add the buff already so looks like its actually coded to remove them when you summon another)but not the vanity light slot since that'd probably cause animation issues)

Last edited:
www.terrariaonline.com/threads/minecart-variations.153395

I'd like to 2nd requests for vanity slot for minecarts, hooks, lightpets, and possibly the ability to place a regular pet in the lightpet slot if we choose(but not the vanity light slot since that'd cause issues)

True, I can see problems with that (anything providing light would have to be overridden). But a pet, mount, or even minecart vanity slot would be wonderful. I don't know if hooks would work since they all function differently (the anti-grav hook suddenly shooting out four different hooks?).

As long as we're wishing for things, I'd like to see a potion case item that fits in an equipment slot and holds up to eight potions, so that I can have more room in my main inventory for cobwebs, torches, bombs, glowsticks, lesser healing potions, and gel. ;)

Been experimenting with a lot of the strategies I've seen people talking about here that should work for melee/mage, no luck. Maybe it's because I'm on expert, but he just hits way too hard. Last phase three-shots me.
Fun.

To remove the fact that you could make him your puppet by just making weak crabs attack you instead of him. Its the final boss really, as the devs see it you really shouldnt be able to just stand getting pinched by crabs and have moon lord unable to touch you.

What do crabs have to do with the teleporting and the nurse? XD

Why don't people just put a teleporter in nurse's room that would allow them to quickly heal and return to their arenas/fighting grounds? I mean it is very easy to set up, and there is a small chance Moon Lord will do anything to you in such small time frame.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437480241,1437480164][/DOUBLEPOST]

BTW it still works. I posted it several times with video proofs, devs need to look into it.

It's easy for someone who uses arenas :p I tend to fight more haphazardly, by simply running around and utilizing Gravitation potions (Forgoing the latter when I obtained the Cosmic Car) I don't feel like taking the time to make a teleport platform I won't even be using on that world anymore XD I've farmed him LONG before the patches that made him much more difficult. I have every endgame set, weapon and tool :p And the mining drill @-@ Omg that's amazing. But yeah, I'm set on that world. I only really go to endgame on one world, then I just screw around on others.

They're both ways of easy cheesing, just kinda gave an example.
Yeh, and armor is "cheesing", and bottles of health is "cheesing" too. Practically anything to what common dummy don't get by himself, but what all normal people get from day one - is "cheesing" by definition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, and armor is "cheesing", and bottles of health is "cheesing" too. Practically anything to what common dummy don't get by himself, but what all normal people get from day one - is "cheesing" by definition.
So according to you:
>Teleporting to nurse for a full health recovery every 10 seconds isnt cheesing
>standing on crabs taking no damage from the boss whatsoever isnt cheesing
>standing on spikes taking no damage frmo boss isnt cheesing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom