Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
no moonlord fix? but lava still works
am i able to buy the game on my mac NOW and the beta will work? and then when the full version is released i will obtain the mac version too?
if you're here you probably already have it anyway...gog(definitely) and steam(i think)both give you mac when its added
Can my friend on Mac play wih me even though Im PC?
if all else fails you could wrap a windows one like macs have been doing until now
Wait, what's this? No changes to the Moon Lord or methods for killing him? WHAT IS GOING ON
they just did it behind the scenes/neglected to include it in the patch notes I'm sure

Last edited:
I tried the 1.3.0.7 dedicated server .exe but have the same error reported before on a linux server

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm trying to run it on a linux server, without any desktop (headless). Unfortunately I can't install steam and terraria if I don't have any kind of Desktop, thats why a download link for just the server files would be very useful.

The ideia is to run a server where I can play with my friends. because we stopped playing when the 1.3.0.5 steam lags started and been waiting for the linux release since. A Windows server is out of the question because its more expensive, so I need to stick with the linux vps I have.

Last edited:
if you're here you probably already have it anyway...gog(definitely) and steam(i think)both give you mac when its added

if all else fails you could wrap a windows one like macs have been doing until now

they just did it behind the scenes/neglected to include it in the patch notes I'm sure
The question from @Silly Philly was already answered - yes if you buy it now you will be able to play the beta and it will maintain after release
Your answer to @Vee makes an assumption and I believe was already answered? - There is no need for any sort of wrapper. It is compatible with both Linux and Windows all on it's own
The answer for @SirMonocle is rather negative :( - I hope you were joking lol - There are no patch notes... Because nothing was changed other than a tiny fix to a fix made in 1.3.0.6.

Last edited:
I'm trying to run it on a linux server, without any desktop (headless). Unfortunately I can't install steam and terraria if I don't have any kind of Desktop, thats why a link for just the serer part would be very useful.

The ideia is to run a server where I can play with my friends. because we stopped playing when the 1.3.0.5 steam lags started and been waiting for the linux release since. A Windows server is out of the question because its more expensive, so I need to stick with the linux vps I have.
Okay, so the link to the dedicated server software is strictly for Windows - as of right now to get the server software you will have to download it through steam. Try installing SteamCMD and getting it from there? Otherwise, the only option is to wait for us to publish the dedicated server software for Mac and Linux outside of Steam

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but for now this is the only option. I will look in to posting the dedicated server outside of steam early next week.

your quote broke somehow. looks like you forgot the second
Code:
[quote]
I hope you were joking lol
yeah was (edit-not about the cheeze fix being bugged though it does still work /edit)
Your answer to @Vee makes an assumption
pseudoname said:
if all else fails
what i said was "don't worry even if it didn't you could still make it work" not an assumption it wouldn't.

edit- looks like quoting my broken quote was what broke yours. I was missing a "["

Last edited:

Yeah, lol no worries

Please remember everyone, I am trying to keep up with this thread but things can very quickly get lost. If you are having issues, or questions I am missing in here you can join the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

You questions will be answered in there in a much more organized fashion.

Okay, so the link to the dedicated server software is strictly for Windows - as of right now to get the server software you will have to download it through steam. Try installing SteamCMD and getting it from there? Otherwise, the only option is to wait for us to publish the dedicated server software for Mac and Linux outside of Steam

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but for now this is the only option. I will look in to posting the dedicated server outside of steam early next week.

I didn't remember about the steamCMD. thanks for the tip :)

Yes, but the problem is is that I can't find <user>/My Games/Terraria/Players or /Worlds
EDIT: sorry about that last part. I'm new to the forums

Which folder(s) can't you find?

If you can't find the source folder on your other computer, then try the following:

Windows 7

1. Open Windows Explorer.
  2. Select LibrariesDocuments from the left pane.

Windows 8.1 and later

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. Select This PCDocuments from the left pane.

If the destination folder doesn't exist on your Mac, then you can create it manually using Finder. Alternatively, you can create the folder by entering the following command in Terminal:

Code:
mkdir -p "${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Terraria"

Last edited:
I tried the beta for terraria on mac and the game icon just shows up for a split second and then goes away. IDK if i did something wrong er what.

Ubuntu 15.04, 64-bit (Vivid Vervet)
Steam API: v017
Steam package versions: 1437509903
---------

I can't launch Terraria. Steam opens a window that says, "Preparing to launch Terraria..." and then nothing happens. Pretty anti-climactic.

I tried to launch it from its directory instead, but my system froze. I couldn't even use the terminal to kill the process. I had to reboot.

I tried to run Steam from a terminal to see if I could see any error messages whilst trying to launch Terraria, but there was nothing - not even an indication that I had launched Terraria.
Output of this in spoiler below.

Code:
tiamarth@Freya:~$ steam
Running Steam on ubuntu 15.04 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Startup - updater built Jul 21 2015 11:15:25
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Verifying installation...
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Verification complete
Refresh rate: 1
STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/tiamarth/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
[2015-07-23 19:18:07] Shutdown

Edited for a spelling mistake. Edited again for a sentence that didn't make any sense.

Ubuntu 15.04, 64-bit (Vivid Vervet)
Steam API: v017
Steam package versions: 1437509903
---------

I can't launch Terraria. Steam opens a window that says, "Preparing to launch Terraria..." and then nothing happens. Pretty anti-climactic.

On the other hand, trying to launch it from its directory instead, but my system froze. I couldn't even use the terminal to kill the process. I had to reboot.

I tried to run Steam from a terminal to see if I could see any error messages whilst trying to launch Terraria, but there was nothing - not even an indication that I had launched Terraria.
Output of this in spoiler below.

Code:
tiamarth@Freya:~$ steam
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Startup - updater built Jul 21 2015 11:15:25
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Verifying installation...
[2015-07-23 19:17:30] Verification complete
STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/tiamarth/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
[2015-07-23 19:18:07] Shutdown

Edited for a spelling mistake.
Please report this in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

We will assist you with the issue there - Thanks!

Hope you all don't find too many issues!

Edit:

Also, Steam may take a moment to list these changes. So be patient!

I downloaded a mac 1.3.0.4 wrapper for terror and have been playing with that and I did a lot and want to transfer all that over but can't can you help? I can't find the files for the characters and worlds anywhere. :(

I downloaded a mac 1.3.0.4 wrapper for terror and have been playing with that and I did a lot and want to transfer all that over but can't can you help? I can't find the files for the characters and worlds anywhere. :(
I have no idea where the wrapper would save your files... Since it is not developed by us - you'll likely have to reach out to the team who made the wrapper and see where the files are saved.

Hi, thanks for pointing that out. But it doesn't look like I /can/ post over there.

I'm being told that I "have insufficient privileges to post" there.
Be sure you join the social group first > on the right hand side of the page is a button labeled "Join Social Group"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom