Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to download and install it on your Mac to play it. Installing Steam does not automatically install all the games you own, you have to do that separately.

As long as you are connected to the same Steam account where you bought Terraria for Windows, you should NOT have to purchase it again.

eta: now that I re-read what you posted: the open beta for Mac is closed now, it's fully released on Mac. If you took the steps at listed at the beginning of the thread, you should un-do them and get the full version. If you were trying to join the beta, then that is probably why you don't see it in your library.

Once we get your issue resolved, I will likely lock the thread.
I'm having this very same issue. I tried contacting Steam Support but I haven't received a response yet. I never opted into the beta so I thought maybe that was the problem. I purchased the PC version back in 2011 and recently noticed it became available for Mac so I'm trying to play it on my Macbook. I'm unable to install the game from my Steam library. Whenever I try to it presents the error message: "Terraria is not available on your current platform." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam. Any ideas for what I can do?
xA2itM8.png

I'm having this very same issue. I tried contacting Steam Support but I haven't received a response yet. I never opted into the beta so I thought maybe that was the problem. I purchased the PC version back in 2011 and recently noticed it became available for Mac so I'm trying to play it on my Macbook. I'm unable to install the game from my Steam library. Whenever I try to it presents the error message: "Terraria is not available on your current platform." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam. Any ideas for what I can do?
Did you check that you have a compatible version of MacOS, as listed on the store page?

OSX 10.9.5, 10.10 <--- these are the versions that we know are supported. I don't know whether you would get that message if you were running a different version.

Anyway, I brought it to the attention of the support team.

Did you check that you have a compatible version of MacOS, as listed on the store page?

OSX 10.9.5, 10.10 <--- these are the versions that we know are supported. I don't know whether you would get that message if you were running a different version.

Anyway, I brought it to the attention of the support team.
I did, and I'm pretty sure I do since I'm running 10.10.5 apparently? Thank you for your help :)
7H4Rnbe.png

-snip-
That's pretty strange.
I don't suppose you have the exact date you purchased it? It should be in your Steam purchase history.

Yes it is! And yes I do! It was 6/1/11.
Unfortunately, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to launch the game.

Generally speaking the error you're receiving comes from not "owning" the mac version of the game. Ideally this shouldn't be possible, as all possible purchases give your account access to the Mac, Linux, and Windows versions.

If you'd like, I can attempt to contact Valve about the issue, but I don't know it would be much faster than your support request with them.

Unfortunately, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to launch the game.

Generally speaking the error you're receiving comes from not "owning" the mac version of the game. Ideally this shouldn't be possible, as all possible purchases give your account access to the Mac, Linux, and Windows versions.

If you'd like, I can attempt to contact Valve about the issue, but I don't know it would be much faster than your support request with them.
Well I appreciate you taking the time to try to help :) It's been over two days on my support ticket and I haven't heard a peep from them. Maybe you'd have a little more luck with them? Thanks again!

Well I appreciate you taking the time to try to help :) It's been over two days on my support ticket and I haven't heard a peep from them. Maybe you'd have a little more luck with them? Thanks again!
I'll go ahead and reach out to them. I'll be sure to contact you when I hear back.

Sorry for the massive inconvenience this must be for you.

Hello there Terrarians!

We hope that you have enjoyed your first month with Terraria 1.3. The team has been hard at work - with your help - finding and smashing bugs, and we hope that we will be able to get to any that remain over the coming weeks so that everyone has the awesome gaming experience we intended. We are releasing Terraria 1.3.0.7 today - which adds support for our Mac/Linux Beta. That said, you will still need to download new Dedicated Server Software by clicking the link below.

In parallel, as many of you know, a portion of the team - headed by @Skiphs - has been pursuing the development of Terraria for Mac & Linux. Our initial plan was to have this out during the month of July. However, as we have delved deeper into these ports - coupled with seeing how helpful the community can with finding issues/bugs - we have decided that we will conduct our first ever Open Beta around the Mac and Linux versions of Terraria!

Do note that this will not likely become our new "way" of primary testing. We figured this made a lot of sense given that there is no new content to hide (1.3 is already out), and there are simply more Mac and Linux players in our community than we could try to pull together ourselves. So, we call on you - our amazing fans - to help us finish these out!

What do you say? Are you up to the task? If you think so, read on....

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BETA TESTING CAN AFFECT YOUR PLAYER AND WORLD FILES. Please manually back up all worlds and characters before participating in the Beta. While there are no known issues that would cause the loss of data, it's important to be prepared.

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta Instructions

View attachment 65263

Open Steam and find Terraria on your game list.

divider.png

View attachment 65256

Right click "Terraria" and select "Properties"

divider.png

View attachment 65267

In the betas tab of the properties window, there will be a dropdown with the option for the Mac And Linux Open Beta. Select this and close the window.

divider.png

View attachment 65249

Click install, either by right clicking, or clicking the large install button on the main panel.

divider.png

View attachment 65252

Let Terraria install.

divider.png

View attachment 65245

Once finish, simply click "Play"

divider.png

View attachment 65268

Enjoy :)

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta - How to Give Feedback

We will be utilizing TCF's Social Group feature to help everyone provide structured feedback. If you are participating in the Open Beta, please make sure that you join the Social Group linked below. Instructions on what is expected are located there. Please take this seriously - the Group is for feedback and testing, it is not a social outlet.

Click the Terraria 1.3 Banner Below to link directly to the Open Beta Social Group!

That said, we hope everyone has fun helping us bring Terraria for Mac & Linux to the finish line!

View attachment 65271

I noticed a thing happening, in mac and linux open beta you can't use the join via stepm option
[DOUBLEPOST=1453090313,1453090268][/DOUBLEPOST]hope u read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom