Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superhusky, I did too and it docent work! OMG I am freaking out but I am happy it isn't my computer, just the system. I am so sad, but I will try on my desktop

Do you know if it's feasible to run the dedicated server software on a Linux box without Steam - i.e. without going through the Steam install of Terraria itself? I'm hitting an error that I'm missing Kernel32 when I try to run TerrariaServer.exe directly with Mono (just downloaded the dedicated server package). Totally understand if that's not a scenario you care about right now, but I figure it might be as simple as grabbing some package, so i figured I'd check :)

Thanks for all the work you guys put in here!
The dedicated server comes down with steam and does not require you to run it via mono <filename>

As this is an open beta we currently aren't releasing the dedicated server software as a separate package, however you can just copy TerrariaServer and it's required library files out to a separate machine if that's what you are trying to do?

Then just run it like any other executable
Code:
./TerrariaServer
(It does not require steam unless you use the -steam argument)

The TerrariaServer.exe file which installs with steam is different and a backup option. To use this you first need to install mono-complete
Code:
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
mono TerrariaServer.exe

(you MAY be able to get away with only installing the mono-runtime... but I believe it will require mono-complete at least for now)

All of the files referenced here are installed via steam as of right now - you don't even need the 'content' folder to run them

Can someone please help me figure out why I cant hear any music even though my music is at 100%
Im using the mac beta if that helps, and ive already reinstalled terraria and rebooted my mac

Last edited:
The dedicated server comes down with steam and does not require you to run it via mono <filename>

As this is an open beta we currently aren't releasing the dedicated server software as a separate package, however you can just copy TerrariaServer and it's required library files out to a separate machine if that's what you are trying to do?

Code:
./TerrariaServer

The TerrariaServer.exe file which installs with steam is different and a backup option. To use this you first need to install mono-complete
Code:
mono TerrariaServer.exe

(you MAY be able to get away with only installing the mono-runtime... but I believe it will require mono-complete at least for now)

All of the files referenced here are installed via steam as of right now - you don't even need the 'content' folder to run them

Ah! I thought the dedicated server software link on the announcement post was meant for Mac/Linux, but now I understand that was just updating the server software to 1.3.0.7 for Windows users.

I'll download the files through Steam somewhere else and copy them over. Thanks for the help!

Code:
./TerrariaServer

Code:
mono TerrariaServer.exe

I don't have any VM installed at the moment, and I would have to download a linux image, install the linux and install steam just to download the server. Do you have any ETA on when there will be a zip/tar file with the files available?

I just want the server part, so I can run it on a headless server..

Unfortunately :'( steam never works with optimus :(

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/wv/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/wv/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
pid 12386 != 12384, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
pid 12385 != 12384, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)

Oh wait, nevermind, works like a charm if run from a separate console window while steam is started!

I don't have any VM installed at the moment, and I would have to download a linux image, install the linux and install steam just to download the server. Do you have any ETA on when there will be a zip/tar file with the files available?

I just want the server part, so I can run it on a headless server..
OH you just mean the 1.3.0.7 dedicated server for Windows?

Let me go do something.

Okay, just bought Terraria. Now, what I am about to say will not be showing my true excitement, because I have to follow the rules. I am so happy! This is the best ever, even though it's in beta! It's downloading now! I can't use caps, but I want to badly! Thank you guys so much you are the best I can't wait to play, because I didn't have Terraria on my computer until now.

OH you just mean the 1.3.0.7 dedicated server for Windows?
I tried the 1.3.0.7 dedicated server .exe but have the same error reported before on a linux server

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I tried the 1.3.0.7 dedicated server .exe but have the same error reported before on a linux server

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
JJTheMight - What operating system are you trying to run the server on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom