Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac and linux user now.

31400c0ecaef253135663dcd8d90758c.400x225x150.gif

I see GOG has has the .7 update, but it still appears to be Windows only. Is the beta supposed to be available there? (And if so, what's the trick to getting it?)

I see GOG has has the .7 update, but it still appears to be Windows only. Is the beta supposed to be available there? (And if so, what's the trick to getting it?)
GoG Does have 1.3.0.7 but for now it is indeed only Windows.
For more information, please see the following quote:
Unfortunately, since we are using Steam's beta functionality to distribute the open beta only those who have purchased the Steam version are eligible. However, we plan to move things quickly and be out of open beta very quickly! Stay tuned for updates and Linux / Mac support will come to GoG as soon as it's ready!

I run steam on my command line and start playing Terraria to see if I was able to find something about my random crashes while playing.

This is what I found:

Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.wrapper_native_0x7f99fcf99420 (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice/GLenum,int,int,int,Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice/GLenum,intptr) <0xffffffff>
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void__this___OpenGLDevice/GLenum_int_int_int_OpenGLDevice/GLenum_intptr (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice/GLenum,int,int,int,Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice/GLenum,intptr) <0xffffffff>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.DrawUserIndexedPrimitives (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.PrimitiveType,intptr,int,int,intptr,int,Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.IndexElementSize,int) <0x00115>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DoSpriteDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.PrimitiveType,int,int,System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle,int) <0x00095>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.FastBatch.DrawBatch () <0x0022f>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End () <0x00057>
at Terraria.Main.RenderBackground () <0x0021b>
at Terraria.Main.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime) <0x01def>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick () <0x0056c>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_GamePlatform.RunLoop () <0x007bf>
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () <0x0010a>
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (string[]) <0x00087>
at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (string[]) <0x00037>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
Native stacktrace:

/home/bart/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0xcd18a) [0x7f99fe75518a]
/home/bart/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x12ad1b) [0x7f99fe7b2d1b]
/home/bart/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x38f46) [0x7f99fe6c0f46]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x352f0) [0x7f99fe2f32f0]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x9ff7e) [0x7f99fe35df7e]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x32bd2f) [0x7f99f46eed2f]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x32d959) [0x7f99f46f0959]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x1c7f1f) [0x7f99f458af1f]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x19a2fa) [0x7f99f455d2fa]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x19a614) [0x7f99f455d614]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so(+0x19a6bb) [0x7f99f455d6bb]
[0x40080f0f]
Debug info from gdb:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/bart/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
No threads.

Help! Please!

Wow, so many updates xD Nice to see that mac and linux players can play the ULTIMATE, BEST, GAME, OF ALL TIME! Terraria is getting better and better!

Hey, so If I buy the game on steam threw my mac and Will be able to play it with my friends if I follow those steps? And is there a demo

Does anyone know what system version is required to play? Like 10.7.5 or such
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit
OSX 10.7 or Higher
These are the only officially supported OS's, although Terraria may run on additional ones.

I run steam on my command line and start playing Terraria to see if I was able to find something about my random crashes while playing.
*snip*​
Help! Please!
Please join the Open Beta Testing FeedBack social group to report issues (there are multiple links in the past few pages, and on the first post).

So happy that its finally out but i can't access my previous characters from my pc. Does anybody know how to fix the problem?
Are you saying that you can't access your Windows characters from your Mac/Linux PC? If so, you will need to save them to the Cloud first. If not, please explain your issue a bit more.

We need now Linux dedicated server files, pretty please?
You can find it where your Terraria.exe is located (Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files).

Hey, so If I buy the game on steam threw my mac and Will be able to play it with my friends if I follow those steps? And is there a demo
Yes, you can play with your friends from your Mac PC. There is no demo for the PC version.

yo i noticed you can download terraria on linux through without opting in. trying to launch it results in a "Missing executable" error.

This is amazing, and mostly bugless, the only one I've found so far is that music won't change to the music that should be playing until it ends (e.g. after leaving the Desert, the Desert music will still play until it ends, then the needed music plays, and sometimes it stops entirely, but other than that, brilliant, thank you so much for working on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom