1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section

PC Terraria 1.3.0.8: Can Mac & Linux Come Out & Play?

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

There is nothing in my terraria file except some text and the application.

2. Bethany

Bethany Steampunker

In C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Terraria you should have a Worlds folder and a Players folder. In the former will be a .wld file for each world you've made and in the latter a .plr file for each player.

If that doesn't get you there, use FIle Explorer and search your hard drive for MyFavoritePlayer.plr or SomeWorld.wld (use real names instead, of course).

Along with each .plr file you'll need to copy over the subfolder of Players with the same name as the player, which contains files telling the game what you've explored so far. Might as well copy the .plr.bak files as well, though not really necessary.

[edit] Oh, maybe you're using cloud storage. If so, no need to copy. Just run and play.

3. thr

thr Terrarian

Or just use the cloud saving in-game.

4. chungchangching

chungchangching Terrarian

mfw terraria's crashing problem still not fixed

5. ManaUser

ManaUser The Destroyer

Might it be a good idea to rename the "PC" sections of the forum "PC & Mac"? Also the PC thread icon could be changed "Windows", since technically Linux is a PC operating system too.

6. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

I thought all computers were PCs.

7. Garish Gnome

Garish Gnome Terrarian

I don't think you know what PC or Windows.. or Mac.. or Linux are.

8. TobyJ

TobyJ Steampunker

They'll probably make separate tags & forum sections for Windows, Mac & Linux

9. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Dear god no, that would be stupid

10. TobyJ

TobyJ Steampunker

eh, nah. They have separate tags & stuff for OTHER platforms. Why would they generalize three quite different platform specifications to one "PC"?

11. Zipattack

Zipattack Skeletron Prime

I'm getting this as soon as I can!!!! ;) :) :D

12. TobyJ

TobyJ Steampunker

Yay. I can finally play Terraria on my non-existent Mac.

sigh.

I'll go wait for TShock and other mods to update for the FIFTH TIME since 1.3's release.

(five post-updates & patches, guys? really? give us a break!)

13. korzon

korzon Terrarian

Hello, Linux players! :dryadhappy:

14. Lamkin

Lamkin Terrarian

A huge thank you to Re-logic for the Mac port. :)

Also wanted to add that the game runs perfectly under OS X 10.8.5, though the requirements say 10.9 or above.

15. ManaUser

ManaUser The Destroyer

Possibly, but the Windows, Mac and Linux versions all have the same content and probably nearly the same code. I think keeping them together would be a reasonable choice.

16. Hie the Badger

Hie the Badger The Destroyer

They aren't going to separate them because mac linux and windows are all PCs. Consoles are consoles and mobile is a mutant of it's own.

Notice a difference? Personal computers. Consoles. Mobile devices.

17. Cryx

Cryx Retinazer

You guys must be so happy!

Have fun on your Macs and Linuxes!

18. Mohl

Mohl Terrarian

No moon lord buffs? Well, I'm happy for that.

19. Pipebomb

Pipebomb Terrarian

Can anyone confirm if it works for Mac OS 10.7.5? I can't upgrade to 10.9 :(

20. Terraria's minion

Terraria's minion Skeletron Prime

YAY! Im soo happy I can finally play terraria! But there is a tiny problem. I found a glitch when i swing my sword and there are random damage indicators and the sound it makes sounds like as if i am hitting a dummy. Its not a bother just a weird glitch.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.