PC Terraria 1.3.0.8: Can Mac & Linux Come Out & Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dungeon in a nut shell
too spooky.gif
meanwhile in the dungeon.gif
SKELETON.gif

These are some great news! Too bad I gave my mac only friend terraria when it was in like 1.1. I doubt he has interest in it anymore
[DOUBLEPOST=1439409280,1439409240][/DOUBLEPOST]Also does this mean STEAMOS compatibility? lol :D

These are some great news! Too bad I gave my mac only friend terraria when it was in like 1.1. I doubt he has interest in it anymore
[DOUBLEPOST=1439409280,1439409240][/DOUBLEPOST]Also does this mean STEAMOS compatibility? lol :D
Obviously. SteamOS is based on the Linux kernel.

It's amazing to finally see the full release for Mac/Linux! I do have one question, though. I was wondering why my Steam library still says its in the open beta. Do I have to change something in the properties to play the full release?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Edit: I noticed that a some people we're having the same problem. What I did was I went into the Steam Library, opened the properties window, and opted out of the Beta. It's basically the same as entering the Beta.

Last edited:
View attachment 70941
I have waited so long for Linux support. The day has come :dryadnaughty:
I have question: Did other large linux distros (like Fedora, openSUSE or Arch) will get support soon? Just curious

Terraria now works out-of-box on Arch. I imagine supporting every distro in existence would be a nightmarish task, so I'd rather the devs concentrate their efforts on the game itself. Linux folk will manage anyway. I also believe they've chosen Ubuntu, because of how Terraria client is tied with the Steam platform. Incidentally, Ubuntu is the distro that Steam officially supports.

I quite literally just pulled a goku after seeing this (in a good way)
latest
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now I need to wait for a mac app store port :(

I am happy about the linux support and all, but now it is time to wait for TShock to update...

What fun.

I have waited so long for Linux support. The day has come :dryadnaughty:
I have question: Did other large linux distros (like Fedora, openSUSE or Arch) will get support soon? Just curious
It has been confirmed to run on Arch, and it should on most distros.

I bet they are really getting those nerfs down in windows. But I'm glad linux is getting terraria because I may go linux over windows 10.

Darn, thought some awesome thing i didnt know about was added... erm. Anyway, congrats mac users!

Thanks to Skiphs, Arkhalis and the Re-Logic team for all the hard work on getting Mac and Linux up to speed. It's exciting to play on my Mac as well as my Windows computers. Love the flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom