Terraria 1.3.1 Now Available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
131 Banner and logo Larger v7.png

We’re pleased to announce that the 1.3.1 update for Terraria is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We hope you enjoy the list of new features! As always, the team will be keeping a close eye on the release of this patch to make sure no major issues emerge from the underworld. What that said, if you do manage to come across any bugs in the wild please report them here. We appreciate your continued support!

With that said, here is a list of what all is coming your way with the latest update to Terraria for XB1/PS4:

NEW CONTENT

NEW FEATURES
  • Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time, revolutionizing arena building
  • Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!

NEW ITEMS
  • Tons of new Wiring/Mechanical items - from Logic Gates to Logic Sensors to Junction Boxes, Conveyor Belts, and more!
  • Yellow Wrench adds a fourth wire color
  • The Grand Design, once crafted, will place all of your cool wiring tools in one place for easy use
  • Team Blocks and Platforms make for cool new aspects to your PVP games
  • Static Hook will allow you full control over your grappling
  • New Pressure Plates, including the Teal Pressure Plate (which can be triggered by pets and projectiles)
  • Trapped Chests can now be crafted to keep others from poking around in your stuff
  • Angler Tackle Bag will make fishing more efficient than ever!
  • Brand new Critter & Monster Statues
  • And of course, who could forget that you will now be able to pick up your very own Companion Cube from the Traveling Merchant!

QUALITY OF LIFE TWEAKS
  • Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
  • New large gem over-head display
  • You can now use situational building accessories from your inventory and toggle their effects like info accessories
  • Decompressed sprite graphics for improved fidelity

MISCELLANEOUS ADDITIONS

• Duke Fishron will no longer run away so easily
  • You will find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
  • Torches can be put on actuated tiles

index.php

BUG FIXES

Along with the new features included in this update the team has also been working through the backlog of bugs. We’re happy to report that we have fixed well over 100 bugs in this patch. We want to thank everyone in the community who continues to report any issues that appear in the game. It’s a critical component to helping us improve things and keep them running smoothly.

You can check out the list below.

STABILITY/CRASHES
  • Resolved a crash that would occur after a non-host player would exit a multiplayer session
  • Fixed a bug where a crash could occur during the generation of a 2nd world using a fresh profile
  • Resolved a crash that would trigger from signing in and out of player profiles on Xbox One
  • Fixed a bug where menu functionality would fail after performing a sign-in change
  • Fixed a bug where all the players would get kicked out of a session when one of them was exploring the Underworld biome
  • Resolved a bug where the player was unable to exit the game session via save & exit after resuming the title from connected standby
  • Fixed a bug where the game would crash after invoking a chest after re-hosting the same world
  • Resolved a multiplayer bug where the player would get kicked out of the session after stepping on a land mine
  • Resolved several other crash bugs around console profile usage
  • Fixed a bug where a player was unable to host or join a multiplayer session after previously exiting from that session when a secondary player was in the character selection screen
  • Resolved a bug where the game would crash during world generation after deleting save data
  • Fixed a few other crashes related to network connectivity on the world generation screen

FUNCTIONALITY
  • Resolved a bug where the Wormhole potion lacked functionality for the player in a multiplayer or cooperative session
  • Fixed a bug where graphical corruption was observed occasionally when using spears
  • Resolved a bug where the players were able to fire an infinite number of rockets after placing them
  • Fixed a bug where accomplishments that have the criteria to defeat bosses/enemies failed to unlock in multiplayer after fulfilling the criteria
  • Resolved a bug where the grapple functionality of “Lunar Hook’ was divided between the players
  • Fixed a bug where a Hardcore character failed to navigate back to the spawn point set by the player
  • Resolved a bug where certain weapons and tools would stop functioning while using them continuously
  • Fixed a bug where incorrect game behavior could occur after performing a connected stand-buy during world loading
  • Resolved a bug where information stats were carried over to the main menu after a LAN ejection or force closing a multiplayer session
  • Fixed a bug where the ‘Lock on Priority’ mark carried forward to the full-screen map
  • Resolved a bug where certain debuffs didn’t apply for the player when inflicted by the host in PvP
  • Fixed a bug where in some rare instances the player was unable to create a new character
  • Resolved a bug where multiplayer session invitations were sent incorrectly

ART/GRAPHICS/TEXT
  • Fixed a bug where graphical corruption was observed occasionally when using spears
  • Resolved a bug where Yoraizor’s spell became distorted over the character’s eyes while flying
  • Fixed a bug where the lava lamp caused highlighted doors to flicker
  • Resolved a bug where the avatars feet were missing from the dresser preview UI
  • Fixed a bug where multiple menus could be seen for a second after adding additional split-screen players
  • Resolved a bug where the Mushroom statue did not animate when activated
  • Fixed dozens of other art inconsistencies between the console and PC versions
  • Resolved a few instances of graphical corruption when zooming
  • Dozens of localization fixes have been included in this update

index.php

That's it for now! We really hope everyone enjoys what is in this update - let us know your thoughts as always. We will now turn our sights towards finishing up Terraria for Nintendo Switch and then launch head-on into the next wave of content for all three platforms. We are eagerly looking forward to sharing those plans with you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
To help everyone get the most out of the possibilities opened up by the new items and features in Terraria 1.3.1, we wanted to share a few helpful resources that can help explain more about how wiring works in Terraria both in general and with the introduction of logic gates, etc.

The first is a helpful tutorial written by Terraria PC Lead Coder @Yoraiz0r himself! This is a great introduction to what is now possible in a "how does it all work" sense. This is the place to start your learning process! Click the green text below to head there and start on your way to becoming a Terraria wiring master!

Already familiar with the basics and want to take your Terraria wiring and mechanics game to the next level? The Terraria Mechanical Engineering Corps (T-MEC) is a Terraria community group that is all about wiring and the myriad of possibilities it opens in the world of Terraria. Want to optimize your traps and farms, streamline world travel, or break a speedrun record? The ingenuity of T-MEC can literally change the way you play the game :) The T-MEC community is the best source for getting started, brainstorming or improving ideas, and sharing your builds/achievements with others!

Check it out by clicking the logo below!

This is marvelous news, although I can't seem to download the update yet. I closed my game and told my PS4 to check for updates, but it's saying that it's up to date, and I'm still running the old version. Is there any sort of delay to anticipate for the PS4?

This is marvelous news, although I can't seem to download the update yet. I closed my game and told my PS4 to check for updates, but it's saying that it's up to date, and I'm still running the old version. Is there any sort of delay to anticipate for the PS4?
It might take a bit for updates to roll out to everyone, that's really beyond our control.

Just fired up my PS4, the update hasn't propagated to NA yet it seems. Does this update include the radial hotbar that PC has?
Yes it does! If you press either shoulder button for about a second it will pop up. Right shoulder button brings up a radial hotbar, left brings up quick heal/mana/buff buttons.
2019-05-13_19-39-06-xtutty3f.png

Also, the Map menu can now be scrolled diagonally and movement is more precise.

Last edited:
I'm installed and running, everything is good so far. Only gripe I have is that scrolling through the hotbar seems to have a bit of a delay to it now, but I'm guessing that has something to do with the radial hotbar. In any case, I'll be spending the rest of my day with the new wiring mechanics.

So loving the radial hotbar, really missed that from PC. Noticed something minor though, the hotkeys at the bottom of the screen don't know what to do if you bind to the radial hotbar instead of the cycle hotbar left/right binds from before. Minor issue, but it was the first thing that jumped out at me.
PS4 1.3.1 bug.jpg

A minor issue that I would like to bring up is that for some tools in Smart Cursor mode, when releasing the thumbstick it doesn't return to the center. It's most noticable with the Grand Design but other tools like Rod of Discord are also effected.

It's not really a big deal, but it confuses things when trying to interact with chests/NPCs.

"you will find beehives in the jungle"

didn't we already have beehives? weren't those the biomes we fought the queen bee in? or is this something else entirely different?

"you will find beehives in the jungle"

didn't we already have beehives? weren't those the biomes we fought the queen bee in? or is this something else entirely different?

They mean the small beehives that grow in the jungle and release small bees. The big ones that have queen bee have been in for awhile, yes.

We're in the process of coordinating any follow-up patches with additional fixes.
OK, but you said that about the last patch in 2018 and none of those issues were addressed. Plus there's a bunch of new ones.

Also; who came up with the UI for the Grand Design? Every time you select something, because you use R2, it vanishes onto whatever is next to it in the hotbar, and you have to scroll back to open it again. Surely the smart thing to do is to have "X" as the selection button while inside the Grand Design UI..?
[doublepost=1557795033,1557794960][/doublepost]
left brings up quick heal/mana/buff buttons
Which don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom