Terraria 1.3.1 Now Available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked fine before last year's patch. Will this be fixed?

Not even sure what the root of problem is. Would have to defer to Pipeworks there. @ClearConscious may know if their team knows more.

Its *not* actuating blocks under a Plantera bulb that is the issue, because that works fine when done under normal circumstances. Confirmed it myself on my own personal xb1.

Not even sure what the root of problem is. Would have to defer to Pipeworks there. @ClearConscious may know if their team knows more.
It seems to be too many light-emitting particles/projectiles; the horseman's blade does it too (you've seen my video for the frost moon lag). When 1.3 first came to console, it didn't happen, it was only after the last 1.3.0.7 patch that it started. It also happens when the teleporter in my pumpkin moon farm is in use (a lot of mobs).
Its *not* actuating blocks under a Plantera bulb that is the issue, because that works fine when done under normal circumstances. Confirmed it myself on my own personal xb1.
It works for me too, but only 1 in 5 times or so. Is there a maximum distance the player can be from the bulb since 1.3.1? It used to always work, as long as the bulb was on-screen.

I haven't been able to play it yet, but I purchased Terraria Last night on my PS4 and was wondering if anyone wanted to play with me and help me start off with at least the basics?

Cheers.

Idk if someone said this didnt read the whole thing but...

Mobile:Am i a joke to u?
Well, if you had read the thread, you would know that the topic here isn't about mobile. There are other threads about mobile, which you have posted in. Please stick with the thread topic.

Mobile will be released when it's ready to be released, and an announcement will be made about it at that time. Please continue to be patient about that.

@Loki @ClearConscious

I posted a video of me using the Grand Design on my YouTube to show someone how it worked on console shortly after the inadvertent Xbox release, and these are some comments I got on that video:

ePZgw7L.jpg

Just found one actually.

Looking for ruined cabins underground seems to be the best bet. I tried the dungeon because in 1.2.4 the place was full of statues, but couldn't find any this time. By looking for the cabins I got the drippler, unicorn, hoplite, undead viking, and medusa statues so far

Last edited:
Looking for ruined cabins underground seems to be the best bet. I tried the dungeon because in 1.2.4 the place was full of statues, but couldn't find any this time. By looking for the cabins I got the drippler, unicorn, hoplite, undead viking, and medusa statues so far
I've got all the new ones now.

@Loki any idea what's being focused on next patch? The lag is crippling the Horseman's Blade farms I have. It worked fine after the initial 1.3 update, but then the next main patch ruined it, and it wasn't addressed in 1.3.1.

@Loki any idea what's being focused on next patch? The lag is crippling the Horseman's Blade farms I have. It worked fine after the initial 1.3 update, but then the next main patch ruined it, and it wasn't addressed in 1.3.1.

Besides the leap to 1.3.5, I know they have a standing buglist - with the immediate focus being on remaining crashes.

To some extent, once you spawn in enough things like you are, there are going to be issues. No one is denying its a thing or that its impacting your gameplay in these situations - just that in terms of priority, that has to fall below crashing or bugs that are impacting a larger swath of players.

That said, I know it is on PW's radar screen, and they see all that you share video wise, etc.

Not sure what else to say at this point, though I know its not what you want to hear necessarily? :p

once you spawn in enough things like you are, there are going to be issues.
But it didn't happen until last year; the first release of 1.3 was fine (in terms of this particular issue) and I did nothing different after the buggy patch. The game can handle it, as can the machine. I'd understand your point if it was a 1.2.4 world that I then ran in 1.3, but it's not. It's an expert mode, large world that I created as soon as 1.3 came out.

But it didn't happen until last year; the first release of 1.3 was fine (in terms of this particular issue) and I did nothing different after the buggy patch. The game can handle it, as can the machine. I'd understand your point if it was a 1.2.4 world that I then ran in 1.3, but it's not. It's an expert mode, large world that I created as soon as 1.3 came out.

Again, I have no idea what the technical side behind the issue is - that is something I would have to defer to PW to address/share details about (@ClearConscious can you help?). Perhaps what they are working on will address it - perhaps not - as it seems it would likely have been tied to some other issue if it occurred as you say.

All I am saying is what I know - that content wise 1.3.5 is next, and they have a buglist that is currently more focused on crashes than other issues. Beyond that, I have to defer to them as I simply do not know. sorry.

Again, I have no idea what the technical side behind the issue is - that is something I would have to defer to PW to address/share details about (@ClearConscious can you help?). Perhaps what they are working on will address it - perhaps not - as it seems it would likely have been tied to some other issue if it occurred as you say.

All I am saying is what I know - that content wise 1.3.5 is next, and they have a buglist that is currently more focused on crashes than other issues. Beyond that, I have to defer to them as I simply do not know. sorry.
OK. I'm only asking you it's rare that anyone from PW replies to these things. Also, I wouldn't even think about 1.3.5 until all existing the bugs are addressed, otherwise they'll just carry over and we'll get the same lack of excitement that shouldn't accompany a new update.

OK. I'm only asking you it's rare that anyone from PW replies to these things. Also, I wouldn't even think about 1.3.5 until all existing the bugs are addressed, otherwise they'll just carry over and we'll get the same lack of excitement that shouldn't accompany a new update.

Right, the notion is that they do both. Not just "screw any bugs let's do content".

That said, some stuff often gets pushed for a good long while. Even on PC. We had a massive backlog when we started 1.3.6, for example.

I'm giving the info that I have - the rest I simply don't know, so I tend to not even go there when in that situation.

the notion is that they do both.
But why split the resources? Have everyone on fixing patches, then everyone on new content. It's not like you "owe" us 1.3.5, these updates are free. Fixing the issues that have broken the game we have now is clearly the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom