Terraria 1.3.4 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem is that the Sand Elemental doesn't seem to be spawning during a SandStorm for me. I've tried multiple different world in hardmode but I can't seem to find any. Other then that, I'm impressed! You guys did a great job with this update and I can't wait for 1.3.5+ to be added later on.
I've had a few, but only 5-6. They're about as rare as an Ice Golem it seems.

just curious, what is left?

is there a 1.3.5? or is that the update that became 1.4? or was 1.4 previously 1.3.6? it's been so long since i kept up with how many updates terraria has received, i forgot how many it had and how many console still needs to get.

course now i gotta figure out what i'm gonna do... i think all my character slots are taken up, since i don't think they got an increase like the world slots did.

seems i must either continue with old characters on new worlds, which would be boring cause the characters would be too strong for pre-hardmode... or delete them to create new ones and lose a lot of hard work.

gaah, i'm crippled by indecision!

The only thing weird i've seen yet is the traduction in french of some of the enemies for the events. Or maybe those are really dark slimes and ocram servants. And for some reason the crystal is called "dragon hornet" lmao 🤣
PS_Messages_20191109_004213.jpg

View attachment 229604
At least 3 rooms in my base are now not valid housing after the update to 1.3.4. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I suspect it might be the wallpaper used, but I'm not sure as I haven't had time to test it yet.

Edit: It's probably not the wallpaper that's the issue.
Did you tried to go in the room and press the "?" Button? It should tell you what's wrong...

well, i got a surprise when i went to play for a bit... character slots DID get an increase at some point, we have quite a few slots, now.

when was that added? with this update, or a previous one? i honestly can't remember when i last played, so... if we had more slots for a long time now, i guess i missed that.

so i made a new character and world, came across a sandstorm as soon as i found the desert, and got brutalized... deserts are scary now.

well, scarier... the underground desert already made it scary. :dryadtongue:

Did you tried to go in the room and press the "?" Button? It should tell you what's wrong...
Yes, it just said it wasn't valid housing. Anyway, I have figured out what's wrong; it seems the calculation for what a valid room should look like has changed. Now it requires the floor has a free tile with nothing on it. I fixed my rooms by moving the chair to a platform above the door. It's a pity I have to do this though; I liked the cramped style as it makes the room look more 'lived in'.

Awesome!! So when can this happen for mobile?:p
I believe DR is working on adding controller support and more customisation right now. After that it's the Wiring Update (1.3.1) and Mega Update (1.3.2-1.3.4) if they follow the same path as console. A reasonable guesstimate for that would be Q2 2020, since they seem to work pretty fast.

No one really knows though. :p

Just started a brand new world and character for the new patch, and I'm still getting slimes in bunny masks from the Halloween event. Should that still be happening?
Well that just means that the halloween event will last a bit longer. Maybe it will end somewhere around the 20th(idk)?

There’s is a glitch that I am having or a bug or maybe an intended mechanic but I don’t think it is. When ever I play co op with my friend the audio goes to his screen instead of both of ours. This is on Xbox and ps4 but I play on ps4 but I also saw a post about it on Xbox as well and it kinda is bugging me. I hope someone can see this and fix it please and thank you.

Ok, so I got some spare time to check.... images below.

TLDR; all enemies appear as expected during and outside of sandstorms. I even checked underground. I saw everything except Vultures.

My desert on my main world was corrupted so I checked that first....

View attachment 229682

View attachment 229679

View attachment 229680

View attachment 229681
I've sussed it: the elementals weren't spawning because I was too high to be hurt by their whirlwinds, and everything else seems to only spawn left and right, not below.

My only problem is that the Sand Elemental doesn't seem to be spawning during a SandStorm for me. I've tried multiple different world in hardmode but I can't seem to find any. Other then that, I'm impressed! You guys did a great job with this update and I can't wait for 1.3.5+ to be added later on.
I think you need to be around 15 tiles off the ground, and have a fairly flat desert on either side of you. I've also learned that if you place a background wall behind you, sandsharks and dune splicers won't spawn, thereby increasing the chances of an elemental to spawn instead (I've killed around 400 by now). If you put some solid blocks about 10 tiles above you, the whirlwind attacks go on top of the blocks and don't hurt you. The wall also stops you getting blown around.

I'm having trouble entering the Old One's Army PS4 event, on my console it says I don't have permission to post messages. Does anybody have any idea what I can do?

I'm having trouble entering the Old One's Army PS4 event, on my console it says I don't have permission to post messages. Does anybody have any idea what I can do?
What exactly is your trouble? We can't help you if you aren't specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom