Terraria 1.3.5 Crashes Upon Start-Up

Toxicwasp

Terrarian
After installing the newest version of Terraria, my game crashes every time without fail. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, deleting local files, and deleting the Terraria folder in steamapps, all to no avail. I don't have any mods downloaded (that I know of), so I don't believe it's an issue of out-of-date mods. Every similar issue I've looked up prior to writing this involved an out of date tModLoader, which I haven't used, and other solutions include locating my player file in /user/documents/my games/terraria, which I can't find. I'm pretty much at my wits end; nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm worried my game might be permanently screwed up. I'll post the crash report I get below. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Crash report I get:
Untitled1.png

After installing the newest version of Terraria, my game crashes every time without fail. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, deleting local files, and deleting the Terraria folder in steamapps, all to no avail. I don't have any mods downloaded (that I know of), so I don't believe it's an issue of out-of-date mods. Every similar issue I've looked up prior to writing this involved an out of date tModLoader, which I haven't used, and other solutions include locating my player file in /user/documents/my games/terraria, which I can't find. I'm pretty much at my wits end; nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm worried my game might be permanently screwed up. I'll post the crash report I get below. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Crash report I get:
View attachment 167071
wait this is another error my bad

Crash report I get:
View attachment 167071
The error message suggests there might be a problem with the preferences. Go to your /Documents/My Games/Terraria/ and delete the file config.json. Then try to start Terraria again.

I got a problem right when the re logic logo shows up in terraria it crashes and it gives me no error
Try starting TerrariaServer.exe (it's in the same location as Terraria.exe). It should give you more information on what's wrong. Post the info here.

From the looks of things, you are not giving Terraria/Steam permission to create those directories, and the files required. This causes this error, you should try starting Terraria/Steam as an Administrator. You must close steam and terraria first to do so.

If you are not attempting to do this with a clean Terraria, then you need to visit the mod section.

@Mario3332, if you have mods installed right now, the game is extremely unlikely to work. Those mods are out of date and need to be updated by their creators and reinstalled.

ive deleted the mods off my hard drive so it cant be the mods i font know whats going on with my terraria

Please uninstall Terraria or use Verify steam cache, make sure you are running Steam as an Administrator before doing anything. Delete the entire My Documents/My games/Terraria folder, the Terraria folder contains your characters/world, so if you wish to keep those, don't delete them.

You have to go to config.json and change "Use Experimental Features": false to "UseExperimentalFeatures": true

Crash report I get:
View attachment 167071
I am getting the same thing have you found a resolve?

Back
Top Bottom