Terraria 1.3.5 Launches on Nintendo Switch Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Waves Quality. Turn them off. It was an instant fix for my frame rate. It's a shame I have to turn it off. I was really looking forward to finally having the waves feature in
You sure? Underworld freezes like tommorow and all meh settings on low quality/off

what is diamond shaped aiming?
It is when you move the little circle smart cursor around your character and it will only go around the character in the shape of a diamond instead of going around 360 degrees like it used to. Now you can't aim the ranged weapons at diagonal angles because it wants to stay in the diamond shape.
Thats the best way i can describe it.

That SHOULD be fixed in this update. It was for me on my kit at least (and I used to be able to make it happen 100% of the time).
So I just tried it and the crash wall happens if you are not completely zoom out - I don't know if you knew this or not. I was completely zoomed out and had no issue with the crash.

It's the Waves Quality. Turn them off. It was an instant fix for my frame rate. It's a shame I have to turn it off. I was really looking forward to finally having the waves feature in
Hey thank you so much!
Now the game is playable again.

What I still don't understand is why the "waves" setting makes difference even when there is no water, lava or honey nearby...

In my base I have a basement aprox. 150 blocks wide, where I put all my crafting stations.
When running from one side to the other the frame rate dropped significantly before turning the waves off.

BUG FIXES
  • We've fixed a ton of bugs since the last patch, including dozens present in the live build. If there's something that's been bothering you there's a good chance we fixed it. Take a look!
  • Performance upgrades, particularly focused around stability issues stemming from particles have been made across the board.

Nebula Armor is still bugged and does not properly apply it's buffs. Along with a few others, I reported this bug around the beginning of November. This is the second switch update to come out since then.

This is an endgame armor, not one you struggle with mid progression and can easily get over; this is not acceptable. I am highly disappointed. If this was worked on and for some reason still affects me, then super rip.

Also rip my frame rate with this update.

Last edited:
I know the devs have been working hard on these updates but I'm sorry the frame drops are unacceptable. Even with waves turned off I'm getting a lot of dropped frames.
It's a shame, but disabling heat waves may also help.

As a QA myself, I can't understand how this frame drops got unnoticed to live...

Basically all visual improvements we got just destroy the frame rate...

Great Job on this update. I do understand that the Journeys End Update was a lot of work and I'm really curious about the Switch and when to expect it on there. Looking forward to it all

It's a shame, but disabling heat waves may also help.

As a QA myself, I can't understand how this frame drops got unnoticed to live...

Basically all visual improvements we got just destroy the frame rate...

I'll try that later when I'm off work. Thanks for the tip.

It is when you move the little circle smart cursor around your character and it will only go around the character in the shape of a diamond instead of going around 360 degrees like it used to. Now you can't aim the ranged weapons at diagonal angles because it wants to stay in the diamond shape.
Thats the best way i can describe it.
This seems to be for a couple of reasons

nintendo analog sticks never reach the min-max values that the data format would allow.

terraria has a 25% deadzone applied to the x and y axis individually.

can you aim at the left or right edge of screen with a Magic Missile while the smart cursor is active?

This seems to be for a couple of reasons

nintendo analog sticks never reach the min-max values that the data format would allow.

terraria has a 25% deadzone applied to the x and y axis individually.

can you aim at the left or right edge of screen with a Magic Missile while the smart cursor is active?
It is 100% not the joycons since it worked perfectly fine a few patches back. Also a few patches back the game would save the items you keep on the dpad buttons after leaving the game and it doesn't save those anymore either.

If that was the case then all games would control the same way if it was the analog sticks. I dont have any other game make a diamond shape when i rotate my analogs 360 degrees. Terraria on Switch rotated 360 degrees just fine untill about 2 maybe 3 patches ago.

It just makes it hard to aim on the corners. Push the analog left or right and then slighty move it up or down while still holding left or right and it moves very wierd instead of just rotating around. It drives me nuts lol.

Last edited:
Hello thx for your hard working ,im a Physical card player ,so i want to ask why i didn't get the update (by the way i was bought japanese version card ) . spike chunsoft publish the jpn version ,is it up to spike chunsoft?????

You sure? Underworld freezes like tommorow and all meh settings on low quality/off

Can you show me a video of this? I'm trying to confirm exactly what it is. I can see some potential issues in the UW, but I don't have any slowdowns related to waves etc on the surface?

So I just tried it and the crash wall happens if you are not completely zoom out - I don't know if you knew this or not. I was completely zoomed out and had no issue with the crash.

I just checked again on my kit = no crash no matter the zoom level. Can you confirm what version you are on and show me a video?

Can you show me a video of this? I'm trying to confirm exactly what it is. I can see some potential issues in the UW, but I don't have any slowdowns related to waves etc on the surface?

I just checked again on my kit = no crash no matter the zoom level. Can you confirm what version you are on and show me a video?

Here is an attached vid (in gif form) of the crash.

Info:
Switch version - 10.0.3
Terraria version - 1.0.6 / v1.0.1096.2
World type - Large
Switch mode - Tabletop / handheld
Switch type - Original

Last edited:
Surface isnt that bad with all settings off. Just a quick freeze when entering the tundra or the desert during a storm. It never happens when i record but ill try to get it recorded. But when all settings are max then its very noticeable.
As for underworld, thats also random, but the freezes are much worse and more frequent.

Thank you for the sand storn,It killed me all the time.1 sand storm a day,healthy right?I think that is a problem,I can't leave the surrounding base because it is between desert and angry tumblr ko me in 4 hits.so my play through will be hard as h#ll

Nice! It’s really really happy to see I won’t crash again! And now, I’m gonna enjoy this all with my friends. Btw, thanks for your efforts~:passionate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom