Terraria 1.3.5 Launches on Nintendo Switch Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an attached vid (in gif form) of the crash.

Info:
Switch version - 10.0.3
Terraria version - 1.0.6 / v1.0.1096.2
World type - Large
Switch mode - Tabletop / handheld
Switch type - Original

Thanks! This is so strange - I even rebooted my kit and checked again yesterday = no crash.... and its the same build. Gonna have the team investigate.

Surface isnt that bad with all settings off. Just a quick freeze when entering the tundra or the desert during a storm. It never happens when i record but ill try to get it recorded. But when all settings are max then its very noticeable.
As for underworld, thats also random, but the freezes are much worse and more frequent.

I've seen the very brief hitch at a sandstorm and the UW stuff from time to time... was just being sure it was aligned with what I had seen and not something new. Sounds like its not. Thanks for confirming for me. :)

There is a strange bug regarding enemy hurt/death sounds, for some reason, all enemies on my switch will make the "slime/zombie/splat" hurt sound, and a "slime" death sound. Hurting mimics or possessed armor, which should have the metal hurt sound, sound like slimes. This happens randomly, and won't go away naturally when it happens. Please Help Loki!

There is a strange bug regarding enemy hurt/death sounds, for some reason, all enemies on my switch will make the "slime/zombie/splat" hurt sound, and a "slime" death sound. Hurting mimics or possessed armor, which should have the metal hurt sound, sound like slimes. This happens randomly, and won't go away naturally when it happens. Please Help Loki!

Can you grab me some quick audio or video of this happening?

Can you grab me some quick audio or video of this happening?
I have three videos of it, all 1.3.5, of enemies having the slime hurt sound, the bug is very consistent. My twitter, where said videos are found, is @FirstBoss5 and the current version is 1.3.5, lowering wave quality does not seem to work. The visuals are not the problem, just remember to unmute said videos and listen closely.

Got it, thanks!

Gonna check my kit again for the same.

Got it, thanks!

Gonna check my kit again for the same.
I haven't seen much reports of this, so maybe there was some sort of action/actions that I did that resulted in the bug. This seems to be consistent between worlds, characters, however, is something i have yet to try
The only thing I have really done though is fight the lunar pillars (the solar is still active) and i have all but the tavernkeep, but it is consistent between worlds, so I don't know

Yeah, what to write? Congrats.

Did you know that I assume the splitscreen willl be for 4 players simutaneously? Much fun finding the bottlenecks. Should be similar to finding jungle spores - lots of them, but never enough.

Soo... Idk how this happened.. But the Dune splicer has a bug with its head and segments... It randomly displaces its head far from its main body.. I dont know how to reproduce this as i was just in the desert..

20200529_182109.jpg20200529_182055.jpg20200529_181840.jpg

Since the update, my game constantly freezes when there is no background walls in underground or underworld.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?
I’m only experiencing it in the underworld it can get quite annoying

So shortly after the game released i saw "split screen to be added in later patch."

Well we've had several patches and almost a year with no split screen.

So, when they say "it's coming next" what does that even mean? How long is it going to take now?
I agree but I recently spoke to Loki and asked him about that and he said that it was kind of laggy but they plan on fixing those issues and releasing it soon. Although he could not give me an exact date so all we have to do is be patient

It is 100% not the joycons since it worked perfectly fine a few patches back. Also a few patches back the game would save the items you keep on the dpad buttons after leaving the game and it doesn't save those anymore either.

If that was the case then all games would control the same way if it was the analog sticks. I dont have any other game make a diamond shape when i rotate my analogs 360 degrees. Terraria on Switch rotated 360 degrees just fine untill about 2 maybe 3 patches ago.

It just makes it hard to aim on the corners. Push the analog left or right and then slighty move it up or down while still holding left or right and it moves very wierd instead of just rotating around. It drives me nuts lol.
I had the same issue but I just bought a pro controller and is fixed it are you sure that you joycons aren’t drifting you can check if it is and recalibrate them in settings > controllers/sensors

I agree but I recently spoke to Loki and asked him about that and he said that it was kind of laggy but they plan on fixing those issues and releasing it soon. Although he could not give me an exact date so all we have to do is be patient
Yeah they've been saying crap like that for a long time. What does "soon" even mean? I'm starting to not believe it. Why even advertise a feature that won't be available for a year? Also, we've been very patient imo. Not that we have a choice if we already purchased the game.

So the 1.3.5 update was released and you can download it om your Switch after May 21st to this day of course? Or is it in development? I own a digital copy of terraria on my Nintendo Switch but I didn't receive an update, even checking with "Via the internet" and on the eShop, no update. My current version is 1.0.6 (Switch says) and 1.0.1096.2 (Game says.) So I'm confused.

So the 1.3.5 update was released and you can download it om your Switch after May 21st to this day of course? Or is it in development? I own a digital copy of terraria on my Nintendo Switch but I didn't receive an update, even checking with "Via the internet" and on the eShop, no update. My current version is 1.0.6 (Switch says) and 1.0.1096.2 (Game says.) So I'm confused.
I believe those are the up to date version numbers equivalent to PC’s 1.3.5. Console has a different numbering system so even though the numbers don’t match, you should be up to date.

I had the same issue but I just bought a pro controller and is fixed it are you sure that you joycons aren’t drifting you can check if it is and recalibrate them in settings > controllers/sensors
I have played with multiple controllers. It is for sure not a controller issue. Im not the only one that has complained about this issue. Like i said before if it was a issue with the analog sticks then it would do it in every game not just Terraria.

Yeah they've been saying crap like that for a long time. What does "soon" even mean? I'm starting to not believe it. Why even advertise a feature that won't be available for a year? Also, we've been very patient imo. Not that we have a choice if we already purchased the game.

It means when the performance can be brought up to a level that doesn't materially impact gameplay. All we here at Re-Logic can do is to continue to make it a key priority and to bring it up continually - which we do. I wish it was here now.... or that I had a perfect timeline for it. Absent that, all I can do is share what I personally know.

Personally, I've played the SS Switch mode a few times... and it has gotten better over time, but it wasn't ready the last time I tried it. Lag in events like martians with 2 players on screen was bad enough to trigger button-press delays (press jump, character doesn't jump for like 0.25s... not crazy, but enough to be noticeable). That's the kind of thing that can be maddening to players.

So, we will keep pressing 505, etc. to find some way to make it work and make it right, whatever it takes... which is what is in our power to do.

Not making excuses, just telling you like it is.

1.3.5 has been out for update/digital download since the day of the OP of this thread.

Do you know when the 1.4 music will be added to the official soundtrack?

Shouldn't be too much longer.

I’m only experiencing it in the underworld it can get quite annoying

I only experience it in the UW as well... and for some reason, it doesn't even seem to impact all systems (or devkits, in my example) - but I know exactly what you mean, and PW has seen videos from me at least. Not sure how to solve - but you all are saying to turn down wave quality helps?

I have found a SUPER annoying bug, on my friend and I's switches we have both got 3 characters and I have 2 characters that on all of the worlds they get infinite blood moons and solar eclipses and one character on his. It breaks the character and the only way to fix it is defeat the Wall Of Flesh, but it only fixes it for about a Terraria week.
It can happen to new characters which makes it impossible to beat.
It COULD be just random but not likely.
Has anyone else had this bug?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom