Terraria 1.3.5 Launches on Nintendo Switch Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a SUPER annoying bug, on my friend and I's switches we have both got 3 characters and I have 2 characters that on all of the worlds they get infinite blood moons and solar eclipses and one character on his. It breaks the character and the only way to fix it is defeat the Wall Of Flesh, but it only fixes it for about a Terraria week.
It can happen to new characters which makes it impossible to beat.
I think I have this same issue becuz my bro has been playing for a couple hrs and it has been nonstop solar eclipses and blood moons for him

yes i just had it extremely wierd it was a solar eclipse and a blood moon at the SAME TIME!!!

idk how

then it said "left" when my friend got kicked.

It means when the performance can be brought up to a level that doesn't materially impact gameplay. All we here at Re-Logic can do is to continue to make it a key priority and to bring it up continually - which we do. I wish it was here now.... or that I had a perfect timeline for it. Absent that, all I can do is share what I personally know.

Personally, I've played the SS Switch mode a few times... and it has gotten better over time, but it wasn't ready the last time I tried it. Lag in events like martians with 2 players on screen was bad enough to trigger button-press delays (press jump, character doesn't jump for like 0.25s... not crazy, but enough to be noticeable). That's the kind of thing that can be maddening to players.

So, we will keep pressing 505, etc. to find some way to make it work and make it right, whatever it takes... which is what is in our power to do.

Not making excuses, just telling you like it is.

So if it is obviously so far off the mark why was it even advertised?

I mean...surely you understand how absurd it is that we don't have it after close to a year.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it's frustrating that after waiting so long you still can't commit to a date.

This mighta been said already, but there's a typo for the Goblin Tinkerer (Housing menu) It's spelled 'golbin tinkerer'. (Nintendo Switch, ofc)
whatisthistypo.jpg

Ya its taking them forever I have been playing Minecraft mainly right now because SPLITSCREEN IS FUN!!!

Let's not act like MC splitscreen is optimized either (nor look too closely at the corners cut on Switch to make it run well at all)... sure, random wandering about is fine, but any intense action with multiple folks in the same place? Hoo boy.

Neither here nor there, but just saying. :p

So if it is obviously so far off the mark why was it even advertised?

I mean...surely you understand how absurd it is that we don't have it after close to a year.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it's frustrating that after waiting so long you still can't commit to a date.

Where did I say or even represent that I am not frustrated that it isn't here? I would say I've been pretty consistently the opposite of "not frustrated". :)

Again, our sole power here is to keep the pressure on the parties doing the things to get them done - whatever it takes.

We are trying to hold it to a certain standard - I suppose the easier road would have been to just approve what it is and then just deal with the "Split Screen performance is bad" complaints instead... but that isn't the path we chose. So, we will continue to put that pressure on to make it get done, whatever it takes.

We are trying to hold it to a certain standard - I suppose the easier road would have been to just approve what it is and then just deal with the "Split Screen performance is bad" complaints instead... but that isn't the path we chose. So, we will continue to put that pressure on to make it get done, whatever it takes.
Yes, bad splitscreen is better than no splitscreen. I already have massive lag so if split screen only has a bit like you say its an improvement for me.

Is minecraft split screen really that bad??? I have almost no lag when playing on a realm with 5 people online fighting the dragon 4p splitscreen. Maybe realms is just really good.

Last edited:
I've got a bug where when I use a custom input mapping and use 1 button for 2 actions (possible by editing red's) I do both actions instead of what is seen in the original mapping. (Red's). This kind of makes storage rooms difficult and I ended up having to let go of lock on to instead add grapple.

I'm sure this one won't be as difficult as the crash wall. Don't stress it though, it's just a minor bug. :happy:<3

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
I have almost no lag when playing on a realm with 5 people online fighting the dragon 4p splitscreen.

Last time I watched my kids fight the Ender Dragon on 4p SS, it looked like a slide show. :p

is it just me or do sandstorms happen way to often? Everytime i enter a desert, 9/10 its sandstorm. Only a few times i have not seen it sandstorm.. Blizzards dont happen often at all...

Let's not act like MC splitscreen is optimized either (nor look too closely at the corners cut on Switch to make it run well at all)... sure, random wandering about is fine, but any intense action with multiple folks in the same place? Hoo boy.

Neither here nor there, but just saying. :p

Where did I say or even represent that I am not frustrated that it isn't here? I would say I've been pretty consistently the opposite of "not frustrated". :)

Again, our sole power here is to keep the pressure on the parties doing the things to get them done - whatever it takes.

I never said you were or weren't frustrated I just asked if you understand why I am. I see you are also frustrated. I'm glad you understand why I'm upset.

As for releasing it early in poor state...

I think it's a bummer that you see it as an "either/or" situation. Like releasing a quality feature in a timely manner just isn't an option.

I'm glad it's not been scrapped yet but I'll be really happy when we know a timeframe in leu of "soon".

Like releasing a quality feature in a timely manner just isn't an option.

That is, of course, always the goal. What we have here is a conflict of those two things in the status of that feature. I completely wish it were otherwise as well, but it is not in our direct power at RL to make that occur, only to set the clear boundaries on the quality side of that equation and to continue to set priorities for 505.

Interesting how we went from mainly talking about the new update and some bugs (as well as splitscreen for switch) to talking about Minecraft's Splitscreen

Also.. Fun fact that i learned... When you use a mount, it emits a temporary light source. Spam the mount button for a free light source...

Can we expect a patch soon to adress these constant freezes on underworld? It has been really annoying to go there.

Also, I would like to ask, are sandstorms working as intended? I don't know if it happens to everyone, but to me they seem too frequent.

Can we expect a patch soon to adress these constant freezes on underworld? It has been really annoying to go there.

Also, I would like to ask, are sandstorms working as intended? I don't know if it happens to everyone, but to me they seem too frequent.
I also think that too. Just asked about that as well.

Sandstorms are random, they don't seem any more frequent or infrequent than on any other platform to me.

I do not know the status of any specific fixes... only that I know that one has been ticketed

is it just me or do sandstorms happen way to often? Everytime i enter a desert, 9/10 its sandstorm. Only a few times i have not seen it sandstorm.. Blizzards dont happen often at all...
I have had a sandstorm 100 percent of the time i go to the desert. I started a new game from scratch and its pretty hard to move around in there when it always happens.

The only time it seems like i haven't seen one is if i stay in the desert for like 5 mins and it eventually stops but when entering it for the first time its always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom