Terraria 1.3.5 Switch class guides

Sorry, Could you please tell me how to do that? I'm kind of a noob with terraria forums. :)
You said you want to help other players that are struggling with a class. How would you do that? What advice can you give them? Can you suggest certain weapons, give tips or tricks.

This is the Guides section. Pretend you are writing a guide book to help others. What would it say?

Ok. Let's start with the most annoying class (in my opinion) Melee.
When you start your world chop down a many trees as possible. Then create yourself a workbench. Did you know that you can keep crafting wooden swords until you get the legendary modifier? Craft a full set of wooden armour and set up some quick NPC housing. Travel across the world until you find a sword shrine. this has a 33% chance to generate an enchanted sword shrine and out of this there is a 10% chance for it to drop an Arkhalis. Although this is rare, if you are lucky enough to get the awesome sword it will be a massive help later in the game.

Last edited:
The next thing that you will want to do is find ingredients for a blade of grass, (12 jungle spores and 12 stingers), and look for as many life crystals and as much gold/platinum as possible in the underground jungle. while you're there, search for the Amazon's ingredients. (8 mahogany, 2 stingers a vine, and 3 jungle spores). On returning home you should have the ingredients for a blade of grass, (as well as an Amazon's) plenty of ore, Hermes boots for running, and a cloud in a bottle for jumping. Create or buy an anvil, make a furnace, and make a blade of grass, as well as whatever armour set you can.

With any class you should skip weapons and fighting until you get broken weapons
Take Melee for instance

You want to trash your Copper Shortsword and avoid fights until you get Mace

The knockback and versatility of the weapon is worth more than the damage

Avoid fights. Tunnel and box and just go straight for life crystals

Ranged is the only class where the starting weapon actually does something

Magic and Summoner are the same: dodge until you get weapon

Once you get weapon, go straight for usual progression.

Ignore everything that is a Non-Projectile Sword or Lance. They are worthless unless you play in Normal. Ignore Boomerang, Flamarang, Thorn Chakram, Ench. Boomerang, Bananarang. Light Disc and Possessed Hatchet are the only decent boomerangs. Ignore Molten Fury - Hellwing is vastly superior. The first non-sword non-lance weapon you get is enough for Mech Bosses - use it to do one and get the Hallowed Weapon and your favorite Soul (Melee: Might, Ranged: Bars, Magic/Summoner: Sight).

Ignore every Chlorophyte weapon except Chlorophyte Lance and maybe Repeater. Ignore the armor.

Last edited:
With any class you should skip weapons and fighting until you get broken weapons
Take Melee for instance

You want to trash your Copper Shortsword and avoid fights until you get Mace

The knockback and versatility of the weapon is worth more than the damage

Avoid fights. Tunnel and box and just go straight for life crystals

Ranged is the only class where the starting weapon actually does something

Magic and Summoner are the same: dodge until you get weapon

Once you get weapon, go straight for usual progression.

Ignore everything that is a Non-Projectile Sword or Lance. They are worthless unless you play in Normal. Ignore Boomerang, Flamarang, Thorn Chakram, Ench. Boomerang, Bananarang. Light Disc and Possessed Hatchet are the only decent boomerangs. Ignore Molten Fury - Hellwing is vastly superior. The first non-sword non-lance weapon you get is enough for Mech Bosses - use it to do one and get the Hallowed Weapon and your favorite Soul (Melee: Might, Ranged: Bars, Magic/Summoner: Sight).

Ignore every Chlorophyte weapon except Chlorophyte Lance and maybe Repeater. Ignore the armor.
Or you could just simply craft a wooden bow and use that no matter your planned class/playstyle, until you get your preferred weapon.

Or you could just simply craft a wooden bow and use that no matter your planned class/playstyle, until you get your preferred weapon.
Bows are literally a waste of wood. It takes 10+ shots to kill a single mob, when you can box/kite 3 and run away. Plus in For The Worthy you literally tunnel faster than you kill - not to mention that 1 additional mob is one more to mess with the spawn cap.

Spamming pure summoner in both solo worlds and Twitch streamer worlds taught me to never waste time on wooden weapons or armor. You dig and block faster than you kill - especially once you get Cloud in a Bottle, or 180 life. Terraria in any difficulty except Normal is very much an avoidance-and-box game.

There are techs which allows you to completely dodge walking mobs (wall with overhang), techs to corral flying mobs into a probabilistic zone away from you, etc. Terraria mobs are honestly predictable enough that you can treat them like particles and use random probability to detect probability of player collision from every possible spawning surface in every difficulty.

If you skip wooden gear and use probabilistic navigation, and the rest don't, you can explore stuff like MMFTW deserts with 100 life and no gear - which gives you a life-crystal advantage in streamer servers.

Last edited:
Just a notice this thread was NOT intended for other people to use, I made it for people to get some assistance from me. As you can see that I am no longer posting I am going to delete this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom