Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

The ice biome is a giant troll now. Stepped off a cliff, fell through a bazillion layers of thin ice and died of fall damage. -_-

I am only two hours in with a new character and I am already loving the update. The early game is nowhere near as dull as it used to be. It's actually pretty fun!

in a wooden chest i found an accessory guide book thingy that lets me harvest Vine ropes from vines when i equip it
tomorrow i'll tell you the full name of the item, it's pretty late at my place right now

While fishing in the Snow biome, I reeled in some Frost Daggerfish. Fished up 15 of them. Throwing weapon, 17 damage.

There is a Yo-Yo called Rally, which does 14 damage. It dropped from an underground monster that I forget the name of.

whoa wait guys i was exploring the granite biome and i broke a pot i think and then a golden orb appeared that showwered me with 15 gold coins! not lying! has anyone else seen this? Im in expert mode btw

whoa wait guys i was exploring the granite biome and i broke a pot i think and then a golden orb appeared that showwered me with 15 gold coins! not lying! has anyone else seen this? Im in expert mode btw

Coin portal. Breaking pots has a very small chance to summon one and it will spit out a ton of coins.

Anyways,

I fished up some Bombfish (4). Esentially a bomb. That is a fish. Yup.

I know, but out of any biome to give a crate too, why the dungeon?

No clue. Fish some up and see what items you get!

Anyways,

While fishing in the snow biome I found a Balloon Pufferfish. Increases jump height. It was also a material and it could combine with an item called "Tsunami in a Bottle" to create a Sharkron Balloon.

Tsunami in a Balloon
is essentially a Cloud in the Bottle clone.

I know, but out of any biome to give a crate too, why the dungeon?
Probably for completion's sake. There's more than likely one for every biome in the game, so it'd seem odd that one of the most important biomes in the game doesn't get its own crates.

EDIT: Also, the Merchant's attacking animation is him throwing Throwning Knives.

HADOKEN_zpsfnuxoqxq.png

HADOKEN!

Wedding Dress and Veil drops from a special zombie called the Bride during the Blood Moon.
You can buy counter weight accessory for yoyo from traveling merchant. You can craft extended string from cobweb also to extend its range.
You can find an item in brown chests that allows you cut vines and use them as vine rope.
Slime rain event... which at the end spawns a king slime!
The soldiers following around Medusa drop gladiator gear. Must be quite rare though as fought a bunch and only got the leggings so far.
I forget what else..

Eye of Cthulhu's second phase is much more difficult in normal mode. It deals like 40 damage now. The first phase is the same, though.

mFu8v55.png

New endgame turret-like minion, Rainbow Crystal Staff!
Shadowflame bow, a drop from the new miniboss in the goblin invasion has a powerful debuff!
New expert mode minecart, crafted from the goodies from expert mode mechanical bosses!
Travelling merchant now sells 3 items to tell you If a caged NPC/Rare NPC is near, about your DPS, , and how fast you are, respectively.
Lunar boss drops crafting materials for new endgame gear!
Ice yo-yo and Eye of Cthulhu-themed yoyo!
Jungle now has trees with leaves and branches(as well as loot)!
Naturally Generated Minecart tracks!

Back
Top Bottom