Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

Yeah, the Wiki can definitely be mistaken. For example, the entry for boulders falling through tables and workbenches immediately when placed hadn't been updated, most likely because almost no one cares or even thinks about boulders.

I tend to assume though that drops from newly-implemented enemies are much more likely to be properly updated at this late date after release.

Hum, i wanted to know who was the first one to find the way to cheese moon lord with his own hands? Because i can't seem to find it and after discovering this tactic during a fight, i really find that too easy for the End game boss fight.

contrary to popular belief, severed hands are actually in the game, they just have a phenomenally low spawn rate.

i've seen them, but that was in an older 1.3 version and i got a natural eclipse before killing all the mech bosses, so they might have been removed since then. dunno why though, i was really looking foward to them.

i've seen them, but that was in an older 1.3 version and i got a natural eclipse before killing all the mech bosses, so they might have been removed since then. dunno why though, i was really looking foward to them.

That completely contradicts what you said though. Their spawnrate is low, except it's 0 in the current version? Doesn't that make popular belief correct?

I'm rather positive they've been gone in all releases. I've not seen a hand at all ever, and I'm a tester sooooo. In fact, I can check really fast. I'm going to make absolutely sure the hands are out.

That completely contradicts what you said though. Their spawnrate is low, except it's 0 in the current version? Doesn't that make popular belief correct?

I'm rather positive they've been gone in all releases. I've not seen a hand at all ever, and I'm a tester sooooo. In fact, I can check really fast. I'm going to make absolutely sure the hands are out.

i mean that back in the first 1.3 version, i got a severed hand. however, they might have removed them in one of the more recent versions.

i mean that back in the first 1.3 version, i got a severed hand. however, they might have removed them in one of the more recent versions.

Just checked. Severed Hand doesn't seem to have an ID.

As in, the AI and entity literally doesn't exist. Never has, as every slot it would fit to be in is taken by something else.

Just checked. Severed Hand doesn't seem to have an ID.

As in, the AI and entity literally doesn't exist. Never has, as every slot it would fit to be in is taken by something else.

the IDs could have been changed. the icemourne's ID was taken by the boreal wood work bench, so something similar might have happened to the severed hand. i swear i've seen one.

Unlikely. Not this early, and not with the ID list being consistant with no additions or changes from 1.3.0.1 til now. I didn't see them pre release, didn't see them at release, didn't see them now. Severed hands are bonafide scrapped content.

no, i definitely saw a severed hand back in one of the odler 1.3 versions.

A little late here, but . . . @neoselket, the Severed Hand has not been in game at all for an extremely long time, for at least several months since before release. There is no way you could have seen one. Its literally not possible.

Seems king Slime does't spawn in Normal mode, only in hard mode, couse i had encountered several slime rains in normal with him spawning or getting the Achievement for it, and in hardmode he spawns after 2 min into the event..

Seems king Slime does't spawn in Normal mode, only in hard mode, couse i had encountered several slime rains in normal with him spawning or getting the Achievement for it, and in hardmode he spawns after 2 min into the event..
He definitely spawns in Normal mode. I myself have had it happen multiple times. You simply have to kill a certain number of slimes before the slime rain event ends in order to spawn him. The Terraria wiki actually appears to have the most accurate information on this matter currently:
"If 150 slimes are killed by players (lava, etc kills don't count) during the Slime Rain event, King Slime will spawn. Defeating the boss will end the event shortly after - if all players die, the boss will leave and the event will continue for some time before ending on its own. If the King Slime has already been defeated on a world, it will only take 75 slime kills to spawn the King Slime."

Sources: http://terraria.wiki.gg/King_slime and personal experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom