Console Terraria 1.3 on consoles please

When 1.3 willbe live on consoles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the difficulty aspect is all just your opinion, you'll find plenty of people who actually find the console controls better to play with. Not to mention that it seems easier to play with others on console (splitscreen plus PSN/Xbox live) which greatly helps. I'm sure if my friend can solo the new boss in 30 mins (10 once he got the new gear) then me and my three siblings will probably kill him just as easily.

I don't mean he's hard each time =P I solo him in 5 minutes. It's getting the initial gear that sucks. That's the hard fight, when all you have is Beetle!

Ok so this is the thing,PC players are happy their 1.3 is finally out,and they are enjoying the game, meanwhile... Console players are waiting for the updates and 1.3 with them,I am very excited about 1.3 but dissapointed at the same time mobile,some players left the game already,some expect 1.3 to never come and some are waiting for 1.3 seems that by the day console haves 1.3,PS85 will exist along with time travel. Anyways meanwhile all of you wait why not drink some Sake?:redspin:

1st thing is we don't have the rest of 1.2.3 like PC when they got that update because were missing the Duke fisheron boss and fishing. Last we don't have 1.2.4 so I think we won't get it for like 8 to 10 months just like chippy said in one of his videos

1st thing is we don't have the rest of 1.2.3 like PC when they got that update because were missing the Duke fisheron boss and fishing. Last we don't have 1.2.4 so I think we won't get it for like 8 to 10 months just like chippy said in one of his videos
Duke and fishing weren't until 1.2.4 :)

Terraria on console are on 1.2.3 now, its very ridiculous. The consoles can run perfectly all the updates, including the 1.3. I don't know why they don't want to update it...:indifferent:

No its just consoles have different engines to run on so they have to covert the update to what consoles run on so it'll be awhile
[DOUBLEPOST=1437042091,1437041921][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a completely different coding language for the consoles.

505 has to make the updates from scratch. And I think they only get to start work on the update after it's been released. They should make 1.3 for consoles, It will just take about as long as it took red to make it because the only head start they get is knowing everything they are trying to add (and they even add more stuff that doesn't fit terraria for some stupid reason).

I don't know if they'll put Terraria 1.3 on mobile devices. Its hard to run 1.3 on PC even if u do have a beefy computer all because of the lunar stuff so I don't know about that

I don't know if they'll put Terraria 1.3 on mobile devices. Its hard to run 1.3 on PC even if u do have a beefy computer all because of the lunar stuff so I don't know about that
Wait, what? Is it really that CPU intensive? I mean, my laptop is pretty good, but I have friends with computers that aren't very good and I've not heard of them having trouble at all.

New smart phones are like old laptops. I'm guessing if they manage to get it on mobile a lot of corners would have to be trimmed off.

Erm, not really? My PC is average-ish, CPU is i3 though the graphics card is a little beefier, and I have 4 RAM. Haven't had any problems or frame drops at all, but I take relatively good care of my PC.

Anyways, 1.3 to consoles.
Not any time soon.
505games stated that they're getting their :red: together a while ago, but since I don't play on consoles or mobile I can't say I've seen their improvement yet.
Even if they improved, an update like 1.3 is still going to take around a year at least, judging by the rate they were going on earlier and taking their "improvement" into consideration.

No its just consoles have different engines to run on so they have to covert the update to what consoles run on so it'll be awhile
[DOUBLEPOST=1437042091,1437041921][/DOUBLEPOST]

Then the new 1.3.05 was also an update that 1.3 runs better then

I'm playing 1.3 on a laptop with integrated graphics and it runs perfectly.
it does have 8 gigs of RAM and a 2.7ghz i7 though.

Now that they are done with 1.3 on PC they have to spend other week on Mac/Linux then they can work on the other half of the 1.2.3 update. After that they'll work on programming 1.3 for consoles which won't take as long since they have all the items created and such. My best guess, 6 months from now at the latest.

Dont forget 1.2.4 for mobile!
I'd say 1-3 yrs.

505 needs to look at other indie games like Don't Starve, The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, or ALL the other indies and not. All have the same version on PC and Console. Its very ridicoluos that we need to wait 2/3 years for an update. 18.99$ for a unfinished game are not worth at all. -_-

505 needs to look at other indie games like Don't Starve, The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, or ALL the other indies and not. All have the same version on PC and Console. Its very ridiculous that we need to wait 2/3 years for an update. 18.99$ for a unfinished game are not worth at all. -_-

that's probably because those games are developed for all platforms by the same studio. I don't know if that's a fact, but it's most likely the reason why.
in the case of Terraria, we have 3 different developers, each responsible for one version of the game (relogic - pc, engine - console/vita, codeglue - mobile.)
don't get me wrong, it sucks that we have to wait so long for updates, and hopefully the apology/revised mission statement post holds true, but that's the reality of it.

once an update releases for pc, the console and mobile devs then have access to the assets in order to port/re-code everything for the other platforms.
1.3 is a massive update. not only was a lot of new content added, but overhauls to the gui as well...and, idk, I really want it on console as well, because I want to give the moon lord a tour of all my builds as I kill him, and update my builds with all the sexy materials, but parts of it, especially the lunar event, seem like they might not be possible on at least the last gen consoles without some major optimization. I hope I'm wrong...

Last edited:
I'm playing 1.3 on a laptop with integrated graphics and it runs perfectly.
it does have 8 gigs of RAM and a 2.7ghz i7 though.
8 gigs ram, 2.7ghz , i7, 870m. And I feel that the game plays kinda junkie for such a high powered laptop. Why does yours play so good? Mine has micro stutter. I have only played a few minutes so far on pc but it seems junkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom