Mobile Terraria 1.3 Online Server FULL INSTRUCTIONS (WITH AND WITHOUT PC)

GalaxyShard

Terrarian
This is a complete guide to hosting a terraria mobile 1.3 online server. It will explain how to forward a port, reserve an internal ip address and host the actual world. If you have any problems, then redo and reread the steps carefully. To make it less confusing, follow the steps as you read them, and do them all in order. DO NOT skip steps unless it is for a device you arent using to host with.

Google search anything you dont understand (for step 1, search something like "how to get default gateway on <your device>" or "how to get mac address on <your device>", for step 3 try "dchp reserve <your router>", step 4 try "port forwarding <your router>", step 6, search "whats my ip" for ipv4)

First, youll need your gateway and MAC. The gateway is used to open your router settings. Your mac is how your router knows to forward the correct device. For now, you just need to remember the numbers/letters.

1: If hosting on ios Go to Settings, Wifi, then press the "i" button next to your current wifi. The gateway is next to "Router". Now Settings, General, About, MAC is listed as WiFi Address.

1: If hosting on android Go to Wifi Settings, long press your current wifi, press "manage network settings", then "show advanced options", now select "Static" under "IP settings". The gateway is next to "Gateway". Now Settings, About Phone, Status, MAC is listed as "WiFi Mac Address".

1: If hosting on Windows 10/7 Click the search box/start button and type cmd>open command prompt (on win7 type cmd again to open), type "ipconfig /all", Default Gateway is your gateway, Physical Address is your MAC.

------------------------------------------------

2: Search your gateway on an internet browser. It should ask for a username and/or password. To get them, try these steps in order
• Attempt "admin" for username, and both "admin" and "password" for password

• Check the back or side of your wifi router (if you cant, try next option)

• Google search your router, default login, and if you can, your router model number (if i had a netgear router, i would search something like "netgear router default login" or "netgear wndr3300 default login")

3: Now find the dhcp/address reserve area (also called client list, or static lan ip), usually found under a "LAN" or "DHCP" tab. Then, set a reserved ip using your MAC, set the ip to your gateway, but replace last number with 147
• If your device loses wifi after this, reboot your device. If that doesnt work delete the reserved ip and skip this step

4: Find the Port Forwarding/virtual servers section, usually near something like an "advanced", or "firewall" tab. Add a port forwarding rule, protocol is TCP & UDP, IP is the reserved one, name/description is anything, ports are all 7777. Apply then restart your device
If you skipped step 3, instead of using the reserved ip, go back to your phones settings, near the gateway ip should be something else with just the last number changed. use that one instead (on windows 10 it is called "ipv4 address")
------------------------------------------------

5: If hosting on PC Open TerrariaServer.exe, choose world (create one if you havent already), choose max players, press enter twice, choose password (optional), done. repeat this step to host again

5: If hosting on mobile Open Terraria, press Multiplayer, then Local, and Host, done. repeat this step to host again (It will be online even though its under the local tab)

6: To join, press multiplayer, then online, and add, now just type in your IPv4 (What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More), and port (which should be 7777).
• If you are hosting with mobile, you will not have to do this to join, however you will need the ipv4 for others to join

Last edited:
How do you know when it is working? I did all the steps, the reserved IP confused me a bit though, so I put in the normal IP. Is that the same?

Do you use discord? I'd love to do a play through with you if this is working.
I would to! But, sadly I don’t have discord 😔. To many bad experiences on that platform. Is there any other way I could contact you? And I also haven’t figured out how to test it yet. As of now I’m using multiterraria, and it isn’t that bad for playing online, just trying to host a functional server is annoying.

The problem is that not everyone's settings is the same as yours. I've been trying for quite some time now and it still hasn't worked.

Ok I'm not a tech savvy or anything so I basically have no idea what this all means... i play on a samsung galaxy a20, if you could like reach out to me on gmail, its [email protected] or just reply to me on here and give it to me simply or something I would like that, me and my friend are just trying to play terraria together and we dont live together so we dont share the same wifi. So I heard that I can do this so we can play with each other. So if anyone could help me out I would be ever so greatful

Ok I'm not a tech savvy or anything so I basically have no idea what this all means... i play on a samsung galaxy a20, if you could like reach out to me on gmail, its [email protected] or just reply to me on here and give it to me simply or something I would like that, me and my friend are just trying to play terraria together and we dont live together so we dont share the same wifi. So I heard that I can do this so we can play with each other. So if anyone could help me out I would be ever so greatful
1. you'll need to google "how to port forward on (wifi router make & model)" and follow those steps to know how to port forward

2. go to Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide and on the Table of Contents, click on "Hosting Via PC" and then click on "TERRARIA MOBILE DEDICATED SERVER FOR PC" to download the app that will run the server (You'll need this for later).

3. Follow the guide you googled in step 1 to port forward

4. go to a website that will tell you your IP (like What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More) and send that to your friend

5. Run the app you installed in step 2 and use the commands to create a new world, set a max number of players, set a password (if you want), etc.

6. (Your friend needs to do this too) On your phone, open Terraria, tap Multiplayer, tap Online, tap Add, and it'll ask for a "server IP", then you'll type the IP you found in step 4 and tap Connect (If you added a password, you'll have to type it in too)

When you connect to the server for the first time, it'll automatically be added to your servers list, so next time you wont need to type in the IP again

Last edited:
I have a problem when update my w10 to 2004 build, any solution?
ERROR.png

Back
Top Bottom