Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have any plans to bring back invite only this is a must have on consoles because random people from the terraria comunitys on ps4 join my game and loot my chests and take everything ive worked hard to obtain since the update ive had to leave all of my comunitys and disband my own comunity to aleviate this issue but it turns out its realy boring not being able to do a playthrough with my friends also anytime i try to redownload my saves from cloud it says there is no cracter data to download not to mention i cant upload anything to cloud either so i cant even backup my progress and when it overwrites my world save with someone elses world i have to start all over again because i cant download my saves from cloud
It's advisable you back up your worlds to USB through the PlayStations Application Save Data Management that way if your world gets overwritten you can just reload it I've made the habit of backing up my worlds this way every time before I join another players world

Thank you for fixing the co-op play squished screen. The colors are still incorrect though. Both screens are losing the green tone during an event.

my usb data was corupted and theres no point backing up corupted save data is there
No of course ... No one would expect you to back up corrupted data but moving forward it's a way to maintain your worlds from 1. People griefing your worlds and stealing items 2. Keeps your worlds safe in case they are overwritten by other players worlds ... Sorry just trying to give you some options untill they fix this you know ..

Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

Excited to see the squashing of those pesky bugs. Better grab my Bug Net
;);)

Not to be rude or anything but just because some people wont get over the fact that the game changed and its going to take time to get used to doesn't mean Pipeworks ruined the game, In my eyes they did a fantastic job, the game was recently released, maybe they plan on making changes here and there but people have to remember that its not their fault you arent used to this, Most games receive updates, few of them change everything. In this case, the entire code changed, just because one isn't used to the new features doesnt mean the game is ruined, it means you dont like change.
Did you realize no one anticipated these bugs? So stop trying to put down people who are justifiably angry about this. And if you aren't aware, on Xbox it's almost impossible to back things up to the cloud. When the update comes, I'm going to have to play 3-player splitscreen, which I've heard no one talk about since this update.

Thanks for the speedy hotfix on thees issues! I would like to adress this issue here as im not confindent it has been noticed yet. A problem with multiplayer worlds not allowing natural goblin armys or metoerites to spawn. I had posted a more detailed description of my findings over at reddit as the bug report page didnt accept my request.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/7kg64e/meteorites_dont_spawn_in_multiplayer_ps4_tested/
Hi @ReeceH14, the bug report form wasn’t working for a couple hours, but it’s working now. I’d encourage you to send as much info as you remember through a detailed bug report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

An
Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Any news on xb1 yet

Pipeworks/Microsoft: "Xbox owners, screw you and see you next year! Merry XboxMas!"

Grow up, that is not what Pipeworks or Microsoft said. Pipeworks submitted to Microsoft, they have no control of when it passes cert.

Did you realize no one anticipated these bugs? So stop trying to put down people who are justifiably angry about this. And if you aren't aware, on Xbox it's almost impossible to back things up to the cloud. When the update comes, I'm going to have to play 3-player splitscreen, which I've heard no one talk about since this update.
Crashes a lot of death in split screen, wether it be 2 or 3 player

I just started over. Much better anyway since my old worlds wouldn't have had the 1.3 worldgen features anyway. There's just something great about starting a new world. I also like how we can now have more than 5 characters

Patience for Xbox one owners...you said it yourself Microsoft shut down, we're not getting 1.3 until 2018 I have been super patient waiting but I cant take it. I give up on pipework studios. I miss red if he were here it would have gone so much faster.

Yep I'm super happy to! I can't wait to wait another month while Ps4 enjoys their update! Woohoo!
(Please take note of my sarcasam)

What that are tring to say is that there will be no xbox one update this year1.3 Console
[doublepost=1513706129,1513705870][/doublepost]I agree were on the same page mate I'm sick of waiting their release date was 6 Months ago

I deleted my save data and got it back from cloud. Seems the files corrupted during the first crash pre patch b/c it didn't happen again.

We don't delete your saves, we create copies of the data. They are stored in a file called "SYSTEM", that's essentially where all of the legacy files are stored. If you're encountering issues I'd recommend uploading that file to a USB Storage Device or the cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom