Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
1513868618947-149665364.jpg
What do you think of my Moon Lord arena? (Trying to be less negitiveand the bottom one is my old version )

Attachments

• 1513868347581690274228.jpg
    1513868347581690274228.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Yikes, the multiplayer crash-on-death bug never happened to me in the previous patch, but now it's happening often with this hotfix. It's a bad one.

Also, I'm really hoping that the crafting menu changes will be reverted. Crafting went from slightly cumbersome to nearly-undiscoverable with 1.3. I've played the update for hours on end and I have no idea why there are two crafting interfaces (vertical and horizontal), what the differences are between them (one seems to redirect to the other?), and I'm really tired of using the guide to identify recipes.

Update - so far 3/3 times we've fight the moon Lord, as soon as a player dies the game crashes. This is in local multiplayer.

EDIT: This stopped reproducing during our last fight, so we were able to down him. However it started reproducing again later on the celestial invasion. PS4 Pro, main player is the one who is dying.

Last edited:
Definitely try using the left trigger for jump before deciding to go back to your old keybinds. It's way easier to move, jump and aim with trigger jump than either the X/A button + Left stick ever was.
Trying it Thursday. Thanks for the heads up. I just went back to the previous layout. I get stuck in a box sometimes. (Or rectangle)

Although i don't own the console versions, it's good to see developers trying their best to fix problems, rather than abandoning it *cough* Nier *cough*

Update - so far 3/3 times we've fight the moon Lord, as soon as a player dies the game crashes. This is in local multiplayer.

EDIT: This stopped reproducing during our last fight, so we were able to down him. However it started reproducing again later on the celestial invasion. PS4 Pro, main player is the one who is dying.
@Alexander Birmingham, make sure that you send in a bug report with as much information about your issue as possible here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It's the best way to get the right info to the right people. Try to include all details such as what gear you're using, any pets, mounts, minions that are active, what happens right before, if you're on a legacy world or using legacy characters, etc. The more detail the better.

Ah, the joy when your time to relax and play some games starts to become like an unpaid office job with all these forms they ask you to fill out. We are not your free QA team.

Ah, the joy when your time to relax and play some games starts to become like an unpaid office job with all these forms they ask you to fill out. We are not your free QA team.
Well it really, really sucks hearing about the Xbox. But as long as it doesn't have as many bugs as PS4, I'm good. But hey, at least we are getting the update right?
Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Guys this doesn't mean that Xbox won't get the update till next year it means that they have submitted before Microsoft shut down so the update can still be certified and released before next yer so guys don't stress

@Alexander Birmingham, make sure that you send in a bug report with as much information about your issue as possible here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It's the best way to get the right info to the right people. Try to include all details such as what gear you're using, any pets, mounts, minions that are active, what happens right before, if you're on a legacy world or using legacy characters, etc. The more detail the better.

Thanks for the info! We are using a legacy world with legacy characters. If I have time to file a bug report I will - but I do so all day so at work, so I'm not inclined towards doing so at play ;)

Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

We don't delete your saves, we create copies of the data. They are stored in a file called "SYSTEM", that's essentially where all of the legacy files are stored. If you're encountering issues I'd recommend uploading that file to a USB Storage Device or the cloud.
I was saying I deleted it and hoped they were still on cloud ingame. It fixed it for me.

Guys this doesn't mean that Xbox won't get the update till next year it means that they have submitted before Microsoft shut down so the update can still be certified and released before next yer so guys don't stress
But if Microsoft has shut down for the rest of the year they are not working.

So if they were not finished before they shut down they won't finish until they return from the break.

I really think this is very obvious.

But if Microsoft has shut down for the rest of the year they are not working.

So if they were not finished before they shut down they won't finish until they return from the break.

I really think this is very obvious.

It depends. Some people are certainly still working. Speculating about which people are necessary for certification and whether they are currently on vacation is... well, speculation.

It depends. Some people are certainly still working. Speculating about which people are necessary for certification and whether they are currently on vacation is... well, speculation.
There were some games updates today on xbox one so there is probably people who are still working so I think it the 1.3 could be out for tomorrow and if not, I think it will be in 2018...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom