Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please just be straight with everyone who has been waiting on it to release for xbox one, could it still be certified before next year, or are the people we're waiting on also on holiday and its just too late? & if they do get it certified will you're team need to release it, and be able to release it ,considering im sure you guys are going on holiday as well? Thats the answer we need. You guys deserve a break, i think you've done a great job, i just really hope it drops on xb1 this week.
If it gets certified, it gets released. However, neither Pipeworks nor Re-Logic have any control over the holiday schedules of Sony/Microsoft. It's up to them at this point.

These guys addressed issue that quick due to trying to save this game. They still have yet to address the game they've now ruined. And as for Xbox users. Have you not been reading the vast majority of posts for the other gamers? Saying "I don't care how it looks or plays I just want it" is like you wanting someone to shoot you in the face with a nail gun knowing how bad it will be and hundreds of people telling you exactly that and you still wanting it. Enjoy your working game while you can. I'm sure we'll see those same names screeching to the high heavens once they received the update and learn first hand that their game is now unplayable. The course of action, or lack there of, will be the tell tale on whether or not this company cares about this games playability anymore for consoles or they're only focus is pc. And for moderators that don't like people expressing true feeling....welcome to forums, a place designed exactly for this, be it positive and negative feed back! Moderate, don't police.
I think you should read more into the details, I mean really. They said they're still looking into game crashes and comversion crashes. I have the same issue. They helped with some conversions and stuff and my world's got replaced from a multiplayer glitch and I'm not complaining. It takes time to fix. If the update didn't come out, then you would still be complaining and be part of the community that complains about everything instead of the things you can do while waiting. They don't focus on P.C as much as console. Considering they did a complete recode on a game that probably wouldn't be able to hold 1.3 of they didn't do that. Have fun on terraria and wait for fixes. In the mean time have fun.

Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
How is this an update for us xbox owners? I get its not in your hands but you may as well have not included it

Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
This is great news, finally my screen won't be messed up while playing split-screen :) now just have to wait for the hotfix for crashes on boss fights

My main problem currently is how in the past it was possible to jump/fly using the sticks on the controller, while also still being able to jump using the X or A button.
But now this is no longer possible and I really liked being able to jump/fly while pressing the controller stick..it was very useful and convenient when fighting events and bosses now it can be kind of frustrating and inconvenient at times pressing the default jump/fly button while fighting at the same time.

But yes the update is nice and it is exactly what I've been waiting for, but that was just one of my major gripes gameplay wise.
There are other small frustrations concerning the inventory/crafting/equip menu (which I liked the old menu better because it was easier to get what you wanted done quicker.) but I guess I will just have to get used to the new changes.

My main problem currently is how in the past it was possible to jump/fly using the sticks on the controller, while also still being able to jump using the X or A button.
But now this is no longer possible and I really liked being able to jump/fly while pressing the controller stick..it was very useful and convenient when fighting events and bosses now it can be kind of frustrating and inconvenient at times pressing the default jump/fly button while fighting at the same time.

But yes the update is nice and it is exactly what I've been waiting for, but that was just one of my major gripes gameplay wise.
There are other small frustrations concerning the inventory/crafting/equip menu (which I liked the old menu better because it was easier to get what you wanted done quicker.) but I guess I will just have to get used to the new changes.
Just change your controller layout

Is there any new ETA on the Switch version? As far as I know the latest official ETA is “2017” but obviously that is not happening.

I’m just curious if it’s now a Q1 estimate, or if it’s even later, or if there is a plan to get it out on a more specific date than “1Q18”?
Your information is very out of date. The current official estimate is after 1.3 is released on both PS4 and XB1, and that version has been hotfixed enough, then they will start working on both mobile and Switch versions which should take a few more months. Don't expect the Switch version before Q2 2018. Mind you there is currently not an official target date, or even a target date range.
How is this an update for us xbox owners? I get its not in your hands but you may as well have not included it
Because when they don't mention what's happening, people get pissed off that they aren't being kept in the loop and feel neglected or abused. This "update" will appease more people than it upsets.

What you're asking is for a single action to be bound to multiple keys at the same time. The PC version doesn't do this either, so it's probably not coming back. Your best option is to figure out which button you want jump on most of the time and bind it to that with custom controls.

Your information is very out of date. The current official estimate is after 1.3 is released on both PS4 and XB1, and that version has been hotfixed enough, then they will start working on both mobile and Switch versions which should take a few more months. Don't expect the Switch version before Q2 2018. Mind you there is currently not an official target date, or even a target date range.

Because when they don't mention what's happening, people get pissed off that they aren't being kept in the loop and feel neglected or abused. This "update" will appease more people than it upsets.

What you're asking is for a single action to be bound to multiple keys at the same time. The PC version doesn't do this either, so it's probably not coming back. Your best option is to figure out which button you want jump on most of the time and bind it to that with custom controls.
There must be a reason this was removed it was such a great feature to the game because you could move and fly at the same time.. fighting just felt smoother and not such a multitasking hand cramp lol
[doublepost=1513658605,1513658345][/doublepost]
Pipeworks/Microsoft: "Xbox owners, screw you and see you next year! Merry XboxMas!"
ehh I can wait its not a issue for me I have both consoles...even though my main world is on the Xbox one.

Hey, Thank you soooo much for the splitscreen fix, i appreciate that soo much, me and my bro should now be able to actually do lunar events now

There must be a reason this was removed it was such a great feature to the game because you could move and fly at the same time.. fighting just felt smoother and not such a multitasking hand cramp lol
You can still bind jump to L3 if you want to. I'm not sure why having it on two buttons at the same time makes it better.

That said the new default puts jump on the left trigger. In my opinion that is an infinitely better placement for the command.

You can still bind jump to L3 if you want to. I'm not sure why having it on two buttons at the same time makes it better.

That said the new default puts jump on the left trigger. In my opinion that is an infinitely better placement for the command.
Oh no trust me lol it is more convenient to have two ways to jump/fly.
The reason I personally think having two ways to jump/fly helps more is because in Terraria its all about movement and DPS at the same time when you are in combat.
Another reason I like having two ways to jump is because if I jump with the X or A button then its easier and quicker to operate the right side of the controller while fighting an intense battle, and vice versa with the left side.
I would recommend trying it on Xbox (if you have it) it actually does make a huge difference lol its crazy how much this game actually really relies on constant DPS and movement.

I'm honestly just silently hoping this wasn't actually removed to match the PC. *fingers crossed*

Oh no trust me lol it is more convenient to have two ways to jump/fly.
The reason I personally think having two ways to jump/fly helps more is because in Terraria its all about movement and DPS at the same time when you are in combat.
Another reason I like having two ways to jump is because if I jump with the X or A button then its easier and quicker to operate the right side of the controller while fighting an intense battle, and vice versa with the left side.
I would recommend trying it on Xbox (if you have it) it actually does make a huge difference lol its crazy how much this game actually really relies on constant DPS and movement.

I'm honestly just silently hoping this wasn't actually removed to match the PC. *fingers crossed*
Definitely try using the left trigger for jump before deciding to go back to your old keybinds. It's way easier to move, jump and aim with trigger jump than either the X/A button + Left stick ever was.

do you have any plans to bring back invite only this is a must have on consoles because random people from the terraria comunitys on ps4 join my game and loot my chests and take everything ive worked hard to obtain since the update ive had to leave all of my comunitys and disband my own comunity to aleviate this issue but it turns out its realy boring not being able to do a playthrough with my friends also anytime i try to redownload my saves from cloud it says there is no cracter data to download not to mention i cant upload anything to cloud either so i cant even backup my progress and when it overwrites my world save with someone elses world i have to start all over again because i cant download my saves from cloud

do you have any plans to bring back invite only this is a must have on consoles because random people from the terraria comunitys on ps4 join my game and loot my chests and take everything ive worked hard to obtain since the update ive had to leave all of my comunitys and disband my own comunity to aleviate this issue but it turns out its realy boring not being able to do a playthrough with my friends also anytime i try to redownload my saves from cloud it says there is no cracter data to download not to mention i cant upload anything to cloud either so i cant even backup my progress and when it overwrites my world save with someone elses world i have to start all over again because i cant download my saves from cloud
Both of these issues are known and being worked on.

Definitely try using the left trigger for jump before deciding to go back to your old keybinds. It's way easier to move, jump and aim with trigger jump than either the X/A button + Left stick ever was.
I just like having access to the jump/fly in-game action on both sides of the controller because I still have to switch between weapons with the bumpers and use the X/Square button to give buffs,and also use the D-pad to use quick health potions all while still maintaining constant movement and damage.
And for me all of this is possible if I have multiple ways to jump/fly on both sides of the controller.

lol If the developers answer to my hopes then this update will be straight fire...because not gonna lie not being able to move like the way I wanted was a turn off for me because I knew these new events and bosses were just going to be that much more formidable and not fully enjoyable if I couldn't dodge attacks and DPS like how I wanted.
But this update would be completely perfect if they let us instantly re spawn again I hate having to sit there and wait to re spawn...it makes dying that much more annoying and frustrating haha
I'm also definitely not a fan of the new inventory/crafting/equip interface it was better the way it was in my opinion where you just used the bumpers to go to different tabs and get what you wanted done.
So if all of this was answered then uhhh..this update would be really hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom