Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise you, ps4 players aren't enjoying the update. The only ones saying they're enjoying it are the pom pom and knee pad wearing suck ups that think their standing up for this ridiculous improvement is going to earn them some praises from the creators.

I wouldn't put it that way, but there is truth in this statement. Xbox folks may want to manage their expectations a bit, because the update does have issues. The crafting interface is strictly worse, the crashes can be rough, the UI in general is very hard to read, the save game issues, the lack of UI discoverability (it took me 2 days to find the NPC list interface - not kidding - I thought it had been scrapped); all of the issues add up to a game that you should manage your expectations about. That being said, I have enjoyed the new content and I'm sure that they will sort out the issues eventually.

I don't think Pipeworks knows anymore than they've already told us. Microsoft acknowledged they received it and started working on it. They don't give progress updates or time estimates. Pipeworks won't know anything until it passes or fails.
I'm not looking for a progress update or time estimate.
I'm looking for a answer to this question:

If a update is submitted, Microsoft is checking it and in the process of checking it they close down for something like a holiday, can it still be certified? Are they still there working on it?

I would assume because I work in a office building as a claims adjuster that if I had something I'm working on and then our office shuts down for a Holiday I nor anyone else would be there to finish working on said project until after the Holiday.

I don't make video games and I don't deal with Microsoft all the time. Pipeworks does so I would assume they know the answer to this question.
[doublepost=1513883652,1513883310][/doublepost]Also pipeworks said on Twitter that when the Xbox version goes live they will receive both patches so everyone please stop with the "yeah but Xbox players it's not that great so don't worry about it" please

I'm not looking for a progress update or time estimate.
I'm looking for a answer to this question:

If a update is submitted, Microsoft is checking it and in the process of checking it they close down for something like a holiday, can it still be certified? Are they still there working on it?
I doubt anyone at Pipeworks knows that answer either. When I say companies like Microsoft don't communicate things, it's kinda across the board.

I was really banking on 1.3 to come out before the holidays, you know so I could play the update wile I have time off with my cousin. This sucks *** and the only Christmas present I wanted was just gone like that.

Pipeworks: Maybe you should have bought our superior version

Me: but I just bought an Xbox one X

Pipeworks: Sorry you didn’t pick the right console, merry X-mas
Alright, dude. Three things:
  1. Pipeworks has absolutely no control over Microsoft not responding to their submission and closing up shop for the holidays.
  2. Both systems use the exact same source code for the game, so one version is literally not superior to the other.
  3. If this is the only thing you want for Christmas, then you need to try other things in life, man.
And like you, I'm an Xbox One owner waiting for the game to release on my console. You just need to be patient.

I Think the flashes Need to be fixed my 12 year old sister had a .reaction. cause she got displease it's a health and safety issues and I done want to be a bummer but my dad want to report the game I don't want him to I love this game and I usually play one player so 90% less lag lol

I Think the flashes Need to be fixed my 12 year old sister had a .reaction. cause she got displease it's a health and safety issues and I done want to be a bummer but my dad want to report the game I don't want him to I love this game and I usually play one player so 90% less lag lol
If Terraria triggered an epileptic episode in your sister your dad absolutely should report it. That's not just a minor concern that can wait till after the holidays.

@ClearConscious, I’m assuming you as pipeworks know as much as we do about if Microsoft will continue to work on the update while there shut. Just a little mystery that me and quite a few other Xbox users would like the answer to! I’m assuming you don’t know, and am assuming that even if you do, they won’t continue! Thanks!

It could be possible to wait all day for some new news, but judging by what we all know, I can assume that we aren't gonna get any as of now. And, sadly, that 1.3 for Xbox One is coming out after the holidays.

It could be possible to wait all day for some new news, but judging by what we all know, I can assume that we aren't gonna get any as of now. And, sadly, that 1.3 for Xbox One is coming out after the holidays.
That’s what I’m dreading. We’ve waited this much already; we can wait some more. But there’s still a small part of me hoping against hope for the update we’ve been waiting for, before 2018. I doubt it’ll come, however.

If Terraria triggered an epileptic episode in your sister your dad absolutely should report it. That's not just a minor concern that can wait till after the holidays.
Hers sister shouldn't have continued playing it then I'm not missing out on this just because her sister had and epileptic episode I'm not being stubborn but I have waited too long so your dad shouldn't report the game

But if Microsoft has shut down for the rest of the year they are not working.

So if they were not finished before they shut down they won't finish until they return from the break.

I really think this is very obvious.

I agree as Microsoft would have to certify by the end of the day today. I don't know about you guys but I saved all my vacation just for this update and I have to use it by the end of the year so I'm on vacation and no update. I've been prepping my main map for a year now and I'm done, I just can't play anymore. I'm ready for a fresh new experience.

Just one thought. I don't understand why it's 6 months late. I'm a welder and when we have a deadline we work overtime and when our deadline rapidly approaches, we work craploads of overtime and weekends too, because if we are late, we lose big customers which in turn, we lose our jobs. I guess that kind of hard work ethic doesn't work in the gaming industry.

That being said, I DO want to thank pipeworks for their commitment to fixing bugs and making everyone happy through all the madness. Hang in there all will be fixed in do time.

Last edited:
I agree as Microsoft would have to certify by the end of the day today. I don't know about you guys but I saved all my vacation just for this update and I have to use it by the end of the year so I'm on vacation and no update. I've been prepping my main map for a year now and I'm done, I just can't play anymore. I'm ready for a fresh new experience.

Just one thought. I don't understand why it's 6 months late. I'm a welder and when we have a deadline we work overtime and when our deadline rapidly approaches, we work craploads of overtime and weekends too, because if we are late, we lose big customers which in turn, we lose our jobs. I guess that kind of hard work ethic doesn't work in the gaming industry.

That being said, I DO want to thank pipeworks for their commitment to fixing bugs and making everyone happy through all the madness. Hang in there all will be fixed in do time.
The difference is, ReLogic doesn't set deadlines. They have no reason to. They have a "it's done when it's done" policy and prioritize quality over speed. The update is only "late" because they estimated a release window and missed it, twice.

Obviously stuff happens and things get delayed. Even with a quality first attitude problems still crop up. If you had asked ReLogic and Pipeworks if 1.3 was rock solid and ready for release they would have told you absolutely. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

It’s off topic so I don’t want for belabor the point, but having had a family member with epilepsy triggered by lights/patterns, you do not necessarily know what will trigger it. It’s not something you can easily “avoid” unless you literally just avoid playing every video game. My mother had a seizure when I was 8 or so playing Super Mario Bros. with me. It was unexpected, even though we knew about her epilepsy. I was alone with her at the time, I did not know what was happening or what to do other than call 911. She was comatose for a couple of days and in the hospital for a week.

So I guess I’m a little touchy about it being treated so cavalierly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom