Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence, but your sister having an epileptic seizure isn't a bug that pipe works can fix. Also The NPC's don't have names in 1.3, your mechanic doesn't show up as "Mechanic the Mechanic" it's just "Mechanic" the same with any other NPC

“Bug” may not be the right word but developers absolutely can do things to mitigate scenarios that can trigger epileptic seizures.

That doesn’t mean they can necessarily do anything to 100% guarantee their game is seizure-proof but it may be possible to mitigate certain triggers. Doesn’t have to be a bug to be a valid, “fixable” concern.

It's very disappointing to hear that Xbox one
1.3 won't be coming until next year, why wouldn't pipe works submitted the PS4 Version along with the Xbox one so both platforms could of gotten it last week?

Now this is a man willing for sacrifice and I stand by you my brother it WOULD be an honour
So Pipeworks has said Xbox before Christmas is not possible..... well i give up on Pipeworks! All of us have waited almost a year and a half in suspense with multiple delays and only one platform gets it during a good time. Yes i know it's not within their hands but they could have fixed the suspension thing veeerrryyy early on but no! Lets wait till the a few days before we submit Ps4! Oh? Xbox can't get it before Christmas noe? Oh well! Should have picked Ps4!

And you might say "Well Ps4 players are not enjoying it" or "Most pepole are not enjoying it" but a update is better than no update now isn't!? And we will probally get it during school time while Ps4 got it during a nice break! Pipeworks could have really planed this much better... and for those who say "You can't blame Pipeworks" Yes we can they! They did a stupid thing were they decided to work on the suspension bug basically just after they submitted Ps4 when they could have done this before or very early on!

Ok I'm good now the anger has been building up and well this has just broke me... I wanted to enjoy the update... but now I'm going to be doing homework. So thanks Pipeworks for the update but.... you really could have planed it better.
It is dissapointing. I’m really trying to have faith in Pipeworks, but all this could have been avoided if they simply finished the update sooner. That was practically the only thing I wanted for christmas. Don’t get me wrong; I am grateful that it’s near, but still.

It's very disappointing to hear that Xbox one
1.3 won't be coming until next year, why wouldn't pipe works submitted the PS4 Version along with the Xbox one so both platforms could of gotten it last week?

Indeed, the right thing to do would be hold off with sony, submit together or submit them both knowing that the save bug could have been fixed later.

When I first started gaming in the 80s you didn't have saving. You got as far as you could and when you had enough, you shut the game off. As the late 80s into early 90s you got a save function. If you shut your console down without saving, you lost your progress. Nothing new here and to call that a bug is ridiculous. Why that was sooooooo important to fix is beyond me. The timing was horible, and they knew this was going to happen. I feel like pipeworks has stuffed xbox one player's stockings full of coal this year. My heart goes out to the ones who have to go back to school after break and will not have time to play, and unfortunately for me will be the same, as January work picks up and we don't come up for air until mid fall. What a fat bummer.

Submitting at the same time is no guarantee of getting approval at the same time. They are independent processes with different companies.

Pipeworks could not have submitted either one unless Re-Logic signed off on it. Many of you are criticizing them for decisions and circumstances that they are not responsible for.

Not to be rude or anything but just because some people wont get over the fact that the game changed and its going to take time to get used to doesn't mean Pipeworks ruined the game, In my eyes they did a fantastic job, the game was recently released, maybe they plan on making changes here and there but people have to remember that its not their fault you arent used to this, Most games receive updates, few of them change everything. In this case, the entire code changed, just because one isn't used to the new features doesnt mean the game is ruined, it means you dont like change.
Umm, not liking change isn't always a bad thing is it? I loved terraria controls and the way you can save - no need to change something that works perfectly. Imagine taking your car in for a service and when it was ready you were told it had been updated. Excited? Would you still be excited if they decided to change the brake and clutch over and the gears had all changed? Would that be acceptable to you? I respect that you like the update, please respect those of us that dont and give us credit we are not just moaning about "change"
[doublepost=1514067452,1514066891][/doublepost]
Indeed, the right thing to do would be hold off with sony, submit together or submit them both knowing that the save bug could have been fixed later.

When I first started gaming in the 80s you didn't have saving. You got as far as you could and when you had enough, you shut the game off. As the late 80s into early 90s you got a save function. If you shut your console down without saving, you lost your progress. Nothing new here and to call that a bug is ridiculous. Why that was sooooooo important to fix is beyond me. The timing was horible, and they knew this was going to happen. I feel like pipeworks has stuffed xbox one player's stockings full of coal this year. My heart goes out to the ones who have to go back to school after break and will not have time to play, and unfortunately for me will be the same, as January work picks up and we don't come up for air until mid fall. What a fat bummer.
As a ps4 gamer i am so jealous that the xbox owners have not received it yet. You are playing the game as it should be. Believe me, you are lucky not to experience all the c**p that we got from the update. I would imagine that xbox owners will get the update early next year with all the bugs and complaints fixed. That is worth waiting for. For me, the update has made the game unplayable ......... hopefully until all the bugs and other complaints are remedied.

As a ps4 gamer i am so jealous that the xbox owners have not received it yet. You are playing the game as it should be. Believe me, you are lucky not to experience all the c**p that we got from the update. I would imagine that xbox owners will get the update early next year with all the bugs and complaints fixed. That is worth waiting for. For me, the update has made the game unplayable ......... hopefully until all the bugs and other complaints are remedied.
its in certification pipeworks cant do anything to it until microsoft releases it so don't expect not to have the bugs ps4 is having

I mean, you guys didn’t think I was being serious, right? Come on.
Poe's law would like a word.

No offence, but your sister having an epileptic seizure isn't a bug that pipe works can fix. Also The NPC's don't have names in 1.3, your mechanic doesn't show up as "Mechanic the Mechanic" it's just "Mechanic" the same with any other NPC
The flashing screen during moon transfusions is absolutely a bug. Even if it wasn't, the developer would be extremely negligent if they choose to ignore a possible epilepsy trigger. There are legal and criminal repercussions for such behavior.

Bit strong, but I do see where your coming from and resonate with your point.

Grow up, that is not what Pipeworks or Microsoft said. Pipeworks submitted to Microsoft, they have no control of when it passes cert.
You grow up. It was a joke.
[doublepost=1514270654,1514270319][/doublepost]
Greetings Terrarians! Today, we’ve released a small update to combat some of the issues you’ve been reporting.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would fail to transition to online games after a player accepted an invitation
  • Fixed a bug where players would be turned to stone sometimes after save conversion
  • Fixed a bug that was causing some save conversions to crash the game
    • Note: We are still investigating other instances of this occurring
  • Fixed a bug where player 1’s screen would become distorted in split-screen
With that being said this patch will be the last PS4 update in 2017 because of the holidays. First-party (Microsoft & Sony) shut down for the rest of the year, and we’re unable to submit any additional updates until the start of the New Year.

Based on the reports from the community we’ve indentified the following issues as things that will need to be fixed and submitted for another update as soon as we can.

Currently these are the bugs the team is investigating:
  • Instances of Crashes
    • Dying/Boss Fights
  • Performance(Framerate/Latency Reports)
  • Other save conversion issues
  • Situations where multiplayer worlds are being overwritten after the host leaves
  • Instances of items being deleted from the inventory
  • Other miscellaneous issues
The team is hard at work investigating the issues, and we will continue to work until we take a brief break for the holidays. Our priority is to have another patch submitted as soon as first-parties open back up. As always, we’ll keep you updated on the status of these bugs as soon as we know more.

We also wanted to provide a quick update for Xbox One owners. We haven’t heard back yet regarding certification, but we’ll let you know as soon as that changes.

We appreciate your support and patience as we usher in a new era for Terraria.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

My favorite part is where you said you "fixed" the "stoned" de-buff on characters. I don't know what "fixed" means at Pipeworks Studios, but I'm pretty sure that you are supposed to make the game work.
[doublepost=1514270969][/doublepost]
Guys this doesn't mean that Xbox won't get the update till next year it means that they have submitted before Microsoft shut down so the update can still be certified and released before next yer so guys don't stress
upload_2017-12-26_1-49-26.png

[doublepost=1514271006][/doublepost]
I’m still annoyed that I lost my solar eprution and terra blade please fix this bug
upload_2017-12-26_1-50-3.png

[doublepost=1514271163][/doublepost]
I Think the flashes Need to be fixed my 12 year old sister had a .reaction. cause she got displease it's a health and safety issues and I done want to be a bummer but my dad want to report the game I don't want him to I love this game and I usually play one player so 90% less lag lol
upload_2017-12-26_1-52-40.png

Umm, not liking change isn't always a bad thing is it? I loved terraria controls and the way you can save - no need to change something that works perfectly. Imagine taking your car in for a service and when it was ready you were told it had been updated. Excited? Would you still be excited if they decided to change the brake and clutch over and the gears had all changed? Would that be acceptable to you? I respect that you like the update, please respect those of us that dont and give us credit we are not just moaning about "change"
[doublepost=1514067452,1514066891][/doublepost]

You grow up. It was a joke.
[doublepost=1514270654,1514270319][/doublepost]

My favorite part is where you said you "fixed" the "stoned" de-buff on characters. I don't know what "fixed" means at Pipeworks Studios, but I'm pretty sure that you are supposed to make the game work.
[doublepost=1514270969][/doublepost]
View attachment 190396
[doublepost=1514271006][/doublepost]
View attachment 190397
[doublepost=1514271163][/doublepost]
View attachment 190398

@Darkus66 and @KatrinaKat04

When making Thread posts and other members haven't posted yet after your last post, please use the "edit" button at the bottom left of your post to add more content. It is spam-like to post several times in a row without using the edit button and it sends a new alert to members watching this Thread each time this is done.

In addition KatrinaKat04, please ensure when replies are made that they contain enough content in them. A reply with a single image is not enough content for posts and can be expressed by using the "like" button on the posts of those members.. We require a minimum of content to be within posts that are made.

You can review our policies on posting expectations here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrarian-community-rules-culture-please-read.53/

Aside from the framerate issues I'm having a blast, and thanks for reacting so fast with the bugs that are left! The only thing major thing I experienced I have a clip of on ps4. Is there anyway I could upload it to youtube and send you guys the link for this and any others that come up? All it was is i was moving a helmet into my hotbar and it disappeared. I got it back by just closing the app through the PS menu before the game could save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom