Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the framerate issues I'm having a blast, and thanks for reacting so fast with the bugs that are left! The only thing major thing I experienced I have a clip of on ps4. Is there anyway I could upload it to youtube and send you guys the link for this and any others that come up? All it was is i was moving a helmet into my hotbar and it disappeared. I got it back by just closing the app through the PS menu before the game could save.
Hi @Sarkhan89, you can send your info directly to Pipeworks here, and include a link to where your video is posted: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

@Darkus66 and @KatrinaKat04

When making Thread posts and other members haven't posted yet after your last post, please use the "edit" button at the bottom left of your post to add more content. It is spam-like to post several times in a row without using the edit button and it sends a new alert to members watching this Thread each time this is done.

In addition KatrinaKat04, please ensure when replies are made that they contain enough content in them. A reply with a single image is not enough content for posts and can be expressed by using the "like" button on the posts of those members.. We require a minimum of content to be within posts that are made.

You can review our policies on posting expectations here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrarian-community-rules-culture-please-read.53/
do you want me to share my thoughts on this forum or not?
Lol wait you just butthurt bc im telling ppl the truth about Pipeworks:)
WAIT WAS THIS POST ENOUGH CONTENT OR AM I GONNA GET SHOT ON SIGHT?

I just decided to move on... No trust Pipeworks will deliver a playable splitscreen experience for Terraria 1.3, or even a proper Switch version. Now playing Xenoblade 2 on my Switch and having the best time of my life.

Several recent posts here have been removed from view in the interest of keeping the peace.

Re-Logic/Pipeworks/505Games will take ANY report of a medical condition apparently arising from playing Terraria very seriously. Rest assured that they have been made aware of the issue reported by @KatrinaKat04 and are looking into resolving it as a priority. The discussion about that here is at an end, for everyone.

There is never any reason to question the veracity of a reported issue, and there is never any reason to engage in a war of words with someone over their report. None of that is constructive or helpful to anyone.

I found a new bug. I can load and play on my old world's created before the update no problem, only issue is the game crashes when I die. The new bug I found is the game crashes by itself on new created 1.3 worlds, wether it be a normal or a expert mode world

So Pipeworks has said Xbox before Christmas is not possible..... well i give up on Pipeworks! All of us have waited almost a year and a half in suspense with multiple delays and only one platform gets it during a good time. Yes i know it's not within their hands but they could have fixed the suspension thing veeerrryyy early on but no! Lets wait till the a few days before we submit Ps4! Oh? Xbox can't get it before Christmas noe? Oh well! Should have picked Ps4!

And you might say "Well Ps4 players are not enjoying it" or "Most pepole are not enjoying it" but a update is better than no update now isn't!? And we will probally get it during school time while Ps4 got it during a nice break! Pipeworks could have really planed this much better... and for those who say "You can't blame Pipeworks" Yes we can they! They did a stupid thing were they decided to work on the suspension bug basically just after they submitted Ps4 when they could have done this before or very early on!

Ok I'm good now the anger has been building up and well this has just broke me... I wanted to enjoy the update... but now I'm going to be doing homework. So thanks Pipeworks for the update but.... you really could have planed it better.
Atleast you got a break! I was doing school all winter while my friends hung out.

I wanted to share some of the bugs I've been having playing 1.3 on my PS4.
  • If I have a Stardust Dragon out and I die, the game crashes.
  • The Monoliths for the Lunar Pillars gave my sister an epileptic seizure when I turned them on while in multiplayer. The monoliths actually work on single player though.
  • I am randomly losing items as 1st player on a multiplayer game ( 2 Nebula Blazes, 2 Nebula Arcanums, 1 Drax, 1 Picksaw and 3 Celestial Sigils)
  • The game just randomly crashes when 2nd player joins.
  • The game crashes sometimes when I beat the Lunatic Cultist
  • The Star Cells (from the Stardust Cell Staff) don't let me spawn any other summon.
  • The game just stops for a good 2 min. and then it starts again.
  • All of my NPC's don't have names. They just come up as "Mechanic the Mechanic"
  • Goblin Armies don't spawn naturally
  • Meteorites don't spawn naturally
  • The Influx Waver (from Martian Madness) crashes when I use it sometimes.
Thanks for reading! I love Terraria and I hope to see that these get fixed soon!!! :)
[doublepost=1514047967,1514047873][/doublepost]When is Terraria coming out for the Nintendo Switch? Maybe because its a Nintendo console, it won't crash as much ( I'm looking at you Sony)

Thanks for the reports. I've sent you a PM.

Just a quick reminder. The team is aware of the bugs that have been reported. We made every effort to ensure that the transition would be as seamless as possible, but things with save conversion (especially with one engine to another) can be tricky when you're dealing with millions of different variations in worlds, characters, and player behavior, some of which no amount of testing could account for. Let's not minimize just how massive of an undertaking this was.

We're working on fixes, and we will exhaust every available option to make sure these issues get taken care of as soon as we can.

Happy New Year!

Hm I wonder how long it will take Microsoft to get onto the 1.3 update once the New Year has reached its conclusion, cause with the amount of time I had I was able to destroy my whole castle and set up a total of 8 farms of targeted events and enemies.

What about you?

Just a quick reminder. The team is aware of the bugs that have been reported. We made every effort to ensure that the transition would be as seamless as possible, but things with save conversion (especially with one engine to another) can be tricky when you're dealing with millions of different variations in worlds, characters, and player behavior, some of which no amount of testing could account for. Let's not minimize just how massive of an undertaking this was.

We're working on fixes, and we will exhaust every available option to make sure these issues get taken care of as soon as we can.

Happy New Year!

Been enjoying most of what I've seen so far. As far as console ports go, it's relatively well done. I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm on PS4.

This may come across as toxic or deconstructive or something, but I'd like to know how many bugs you guys were working with in the past few months, considering the sheer number of small issues I've come across. Just wondering, as an indie developer myself, curiosity and all. I've just read the numerous previous posts from the development team saying that the update would be out soon, and that they were working out bugs. I'd assumed the new update would release a lot cleaner than this, is all. Still good though, most of what I've seen.

The only two issues that I've seen that should be addressed are the generational code and severe graphical bugs.

If I have the game running for more than 15 minutes, some assets in my game disappear. Bullets, magical projectiles, my minions, pets, among other things, all turn invisible. They're still there, attacking enemies, or generating light, but they're invisible. It doesn't sound like a HUGE problem to most people, but not being able to see your own projectiles, or the projectiles of ENEMIES is kind of jarring. I haven't seen this issue mentioned, so I figured I'd point it out here.

Also, the generational code on console doesn't seem to be working right. Meteorite took about 65 in-game days to finally spawn, even after I broke a shadow orb each day, until I ran out of orbs to break. The goblin invasion also didn't work correctly. The message would show, and then the event wouldn't start. Like, at all.

Now, those two things could just be bad luck or weirdness with NPC's or something. But I finally got around to exploring the sky islands on my medium-sized world, and I was surprised to find only two islands in the sky. And one of them was just a lake, no house, no chest. This makes me think that something internal isn't working right.

I've played the PC version extensively, and I never ran across these problems, so I figure they're attributed to the new update. Just pointing out what I've seen. Lemme know if you need more information. Bugs always interest me, so I've been able to recreate most of the small issues I've seen, and I can give you conditions if need be.

Please change the UI back. The pc verion does not work at all for consol controls. Who thought that was a good idea!?

I'm a little miffed that they didn't add a UI size option so we can adjust the size of text and icons on screen. It's a standard for console games, so I'd like to know why they skipped it. Especially in such a big update, with so many quality of life improvements.

Been enjoying most of what I've seen so far. As far as console ports go, it's relatively well done. I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm on PS4.

This may come across as toxic or deconstructive or something, but I'd like to know how many bugs you guys were working with in the past few months, considering the sheer number of small issues I've come across. Just wondering, as an indie developer myself, curiosity and all. I've just read the numerous previous posts from the development team saying that the update would be out soon, and that they were working out bugs. I'd assumed the new update would release a lot cleaner than this, is all. Still good though, most of what I've seen.

The only two issues that I've seen that should be addressed are the generational code and severe graphical bugs.

If I have the game running for more than 15 minutes, some assets in my game disappear. Bullets, magical projectiles, my minions, pets, among other things, all turn invisible. They're still there, attacking enemies, or generating light, but they're invisible. It doesn't sound like a HUGE problem to most people, but not being able to see your own projectiles, or the projectiles of ENEMIES is kind of jarring. I haven't seen this issue mentioned, so I figured I'd point it out here.

Also, the generational code on console doesn't seem to be working right. Meteorite took about 65 in-game days to finally spawn, even after I broke a shadow orb each day, until I ran out of orbs to break. The goblin invasion also didn't work correctly. The message would show, and then the event wouldn't start. Like, at all.

Now, those two things could just be bad luck or weirdness with NPC's or something. But I finally got around to exploring the sky islands on my medium-sized world, and I was surprised to find only two islands in the sky. And one of them was just a lake, no house, no chest. This makes me think that something internal isn't working right.

I've played the PC version extensively, and I never ran across these problems, so I figure they're attributed to the new update. Just pointing out what I've seen. Lemme know if you need more information. Bugs always interest me, so I've been able to recreate most of the small issues I've seen, and I can give you conditions if need be.
Lol thats a sky lake, they spawn in the world, they are supposed to be like that:D Im not trying to come off rude at all, but Besides the skylakes, Those all seem to be glitches only in your world or game. I haven't Experienced any of those glitches yet. Have you tried looking up the problem? There might be a solution already! Trust me, I know from experience what you mean:happy: (before update in console my whole world dissapeared and i found out how to fix it. Don't remember how to do it now though.)

This entire update is a huge failure.

All we wanted was the new events, moonlord, etc and we get changes to our perfectly functioning UI and controls.

For goodness sake just undo everything and give us only the new bosses and events...thats all we wanted.

Why on earth were consoles changed to a PC version? Its a console for a reason, it worked perfecly but now this game is pure garbage. Yuck.

Changing the games coding is one thing but making such a drastic change to more of a PC version on consoles should have been voted on by console users only. Not just thrown in our faces.

"Quality of life changes" yeah right, the game sucks now.

Thanks alot Pipeworks

Last edited:
This entire update is a huge failure.

All we wanted was the new events, moonlord, etc and we get changes to our perfectly functioning UI and controls.

For goodness sake just undo everything and give us only the new bosses and events...thats all we wanted.

Why on earth were consoles changed to a PC version? Its a console for a reason, it worked perfecly but now this game is pure garbage. Yuck.

Changing the games coding is one thing but making such a drastic change to more of a PC version on consoles should have been voted on by console users only. Not just thrown in our faces.

"Quality of life changes" yeah right, the game sucks now.

Thanks alot Pipeworks
The changes to the UI and controls were not Pipework's call, they were ReLogic's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom