Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire update is a huge failure.

All we wanted was the new events, moonlord, etc and we get changes to our perfectly functioning UI and controls.

For goodness sake just undo everything and give us only the new bosses and events...thats all we wanted.

Why on earth were consoles changed to a PC version? Its a console for a reason, it worked perfecly but now this game is pure garbage. Yuck.

Changing the games coding is one thing but making such a drastic change to more of a PC version on consoles should have been voted on by console users only. Not just thrown in our faces.

"Quality of life changes" yeah right, the game sucks now.

Thanks alot Pipeworks

Agreed... don't understand how this update with its UI overhaul passed internal console testing, QA and Sony certification. This update ruined the game in terms of controls/playability for many. Ditching the "invite only" online mode was another big mistake. If developers and designers don't understand the essence of console gaming while their predecessors did, they shouldn't be updating the game.

I've decided to move on and play other games instead...

Last edited:
Negative feedback is fine. Being rude to other members is not.
i have respect for people who make games that work. Not games that gave my sister a seizure.
dude i don’t like that “tunnel king” guy. trying to keep this so called “peace” but doesn’t understand why people are frustrated. they claim to know but they just say that so you don’t lose faith or something. people are always getting butthurt on this forum and all because we express the way we feel. rude or not, that’s just how we feel.

Agreed... don't understand how this update with its UI overhaul passed internal console testing, QA and Sony certification. This update ruined the game in terms of controls/playability for many. Ditching the "invite only" online mode was another big mistake. If developers and designers don't understand the essence of console gaming while their predecessors did, they shouldn't be updating the game.

I've decided to move on and play other games instead...

I cant even see a good reason for removing the multiplayer host feature. They really ruined Terraria.

And same here. I cant play this game until they remove all of these `quality of life` , stupid changes. But that wont happen. It would be them admitting that they made a huge mistake and they cant have that.

All we wanted was the new events, moonlord, etc and we get changes to our perfectly functioning UI and controls.

For goodness sake just undo everything and give us only the new bosses and events...thats all we wanted.

Why on earth were consoles changed to a PC version? Its a console for a reason, it worked perfecly but now this game is pure garbage. Yuck.

Changing the games coding is one thing but making such a drastic change to more of a PC version on consoles should have been voted on by console users only. Not just thrown in our faces.

Thanks alot Pipeworks
Then maybe you shouldn't have updated the game? It was completely your choice to update the game.

Pipeworks worked for a whole year, pretty much making a new game so we could have the update. But at least you PS4 players got the update, and are playing it. Once Xbox players get the update, I'm sure we won't be ungrateful people like you because we had the patience to wait for the update without whining too much.

dude i don’t like that “tunnel king” guy. trying to keep this so called “peace” but doesn’t understand why people are frustrated. they claim to know but they just say that so you don’t lose faith or something. people are always getting butthurt on this forum and all because we express the way we feel. rude or not, that’s just how we feel.
And you better watch because he's a moderator and I'm still afraid of them since I joined.

Just one thought. I don't understand why it's 6 months late. I'm a welder and when we have a deadline we work overtime and when our deadline rapidly approaches, we work craploads of overtime and weekends too, because if we are late, we lose big customers which in turn, we lose our jobs. I guess that kind of hard work ethic doesn't work in the gaming industry.

Assuming that the teams at RL/PW don't work nights and weekends would be incorrect. The gaming industry is infamous for crunch time. That said, it takes the time it takes. Rest assured everyone would love things to be faster and cleaner.

they didn't even do their regular Twitch stream today (second week they just skipped it)

Stream < having every able body working on fixes and investigating issues to generate more fixes. As with the above, you do what you have to do.

Re: Switch

Switch/Mobile have some initial design work done - but the core codebase needs to be solid and stable before that work can push forward full speed. That is what is going on right now with all of these fixes (if you fix it now, in the foundation, then it won't need fixing on multiple versions - as they will all have said fixes).

Re: Negativity
Feeling negative and expressing that is fine. Feedback is a gift.

Being overtly rude to other people and attacking them directly is not. You only serve to taint what might otherwise be something important to say when you do so - this much is true here as it is everywhere else in life. :)

I was wondering since Microsoft is off brake do we have a complete release date for Xbox One?
[doublepost=1514920089,1514919931][/doublepost]
This is fantastic news! Keep up the great work! :D

Yeh, but do we have a complete release date for Xbox One ?

Even if Microsoft do approve (which isn't a sure thing), I would expect Pipeworks/ReLogic to want to fix at least some of the major bugs before releasing it into the wild. So I'm not expecting the update to come out until the end of january (at the earliest).

Hey @Pipeworks, could you restore the invite only option? I'm a moderator for two communities; one consisting of 16 thousand members, and another consisting of 6-7k. It's impossible to make a world with friend without some random joining, stealing and destroying my stuff. Please, it was a a awful mistake to get rid of the option. I want to play with my friends in peace. I can't, won't, and don't want to trust everyone who joins me...:sigh:

Thanks alot Pipeworks

I wouldn't call it garbage, I personally liked the changes, It's just harder to get used to. Pipeworks didn't choose to make those changes, Relogic did, and I understand that you might be annoyed, some people won't like the update, but (I'm guessing) most of us do. Aside from bugs, I really liked the update, especially the UI changes since it might be easier for a PC player to switch to console and have no issues. Only bad thing for me is that they took out the "Invite Only" option. I can't imagine trying to play with friends and having random strangers join you. I guess in Xbox you can just appear offline, but i don't know how you can do that on PS4/PS3.

Last edited:
So what's the news on xbox? Takes only a moment to share ones plans moving forward. Will there be a hold on release for bug fixes or will it release with hot fixes to follow? Microsoft should be pulling the trigger shortly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom