Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finish working on console.

There has been a fix patch underway for Console for some time - this has been covered in other threads, but the tldr is that it contains quite a few sticky items (some of which then subsequently broke other things that needed fixing, etc).

That said, work on the other two is ongoing.

I’m loving the concept UI, are there any news on an iPhone X Resolution for mobile?

No, but at least the PW team knows the X is a thing (and we can see how Apple evolves it this year) up front - so many of my apps get "squashed"... but that's a gripe for another day. :p

Are you just working on the User Interface? What about Moon Lord and Lunatic Cultist on Mobile?

Mobile 1.3 will have all of that content (1.3.0.7 tier) - the idea here is that they are showing you other stuff on mobile (like controls and UI) that will need to be or is being changed that goes beyond just content or what you may have seen on console 1.3.

According to Steam if the PC version is of any similarity it may be around 2.5gb for 1.3. NOt saying it is what you'd need but it's just a guess.

Agreed. Anybody running Terraria on a device with 1.5GB or less of RAM may want to look into what options they have for an upgrade. I'm not saying you will need more than 1.5GB or RAM to play 1.3 but it is a strong possibility.

Is there a way to get terraria on the chrome book
Tunnel King gave a pretty complete answer in another thread.

Chromebooks can use certain apps. There is a store for that, even.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
My girlfriend has a Chromebook and uses the LastPass app from here. Most of the available apps are free, and you sort of get what you pay for, if you know what I mean. They tend to be web-based.

(talking about factory Chromebooks here, not ones that have been modified with a Linux installation or are rooted, or some such thing)

Chromebooks don't have hard drives in the sense that most people are used to. The internal drive is for the use of the OS and apps that you use. You can't open a 'explorer' type of window and poke around the file system. Apparently you can attach an external hard/flash drive to one. When connected to the Internet, you would have access to Google Drive (they call it something else now) and 2GB cloud storage, which you can pay to upgrade to more storage. This is where your email/photos/etc. are stored.

Apparently some newer/upcoming Chromebook models will be able to run certain Android apps from the PlayStore. This does not appear to be something that can be enabled on older models. Whether that means that some new Chromebooks could actually run the Android version of Terraria currently in the PlayStore is unknown to me, as is whether the planned 1.3 mobile upgrade will address this possibility, with keyboard/mouse controls and such.

Is there a way to get terraria on the chrome book
@Totsuki , I'm not a chromebook hater nor a fan. My brother asks the same question. I'm sure terraria will be available for chromebook; but the version will most likely be the same as mobile. I think you are asking if it will be same like PC or Steam, which in this case i don't think will be the same. Although i love the idea of it being the same; they are vastly different operating systems. Pipeworks/ Re-logic would have to add a specific version on chromebook that could operate similar to PC. In short, it would take a lot of work to make it bear fruit.
[doublepost=1530099384,1530098853][/doublepost]Mobile version is great. What i mean by that is that using the chromebook version might not support the keyboard, mouse or controllers like PC version does. Please forgive me if I'm wrong but if bluetooth controls and keyboard works for mobile terraria, then i will buy one today to play with it.
[doublepost=1530099688][/doublepost]* by the way: controller support and/ or keyboard support is my wish for the new update for mobile.;)

Hello, I have been REALLY curious...but when 1.3 releases on mobilemay or possibly delete my character and yep it’s wierd I askin out of the blue buh just curious.

The devs haven't said what the requirements are for 1.3 yet, much less any further patches. You might end up needing more than 1GB for 1.3, we just don't know yet.

Very likely that it will be >1GB, as 1GB is the cutoff for the old 1.2.4 version already.

How much greater, TBD.

Hello, I have been REALLY curious...but when 1.3 releases on mobilemay or possibly delete my character and yep it’s wierd I askin out of the blue buh just curious.

Shouldn't - but keeping backups via the backup system is always wise. The PW team will have more details when the time comes.

I checked youtube and terraria mobile does support controllers. Sorry about that. @Terraria staff - Which control is best for mobile experience?

Not sure - I always used the virtual sticks. I know that PW is looking into what controllers to potentially support for 1.3 Mobile (which is a brand new codebase and not bound to any of the past/old decisions)

My sister's world has a livingwood chair in the livingwood tree that has already turned two platinum picks into fireflies I know that given the complete rewrite there is no point in reporting existing bugs in the mobile version but I thought that the community might find this funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom