Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update is going to be awesome , please add controller support to mobile devices like androids, this would make the mobile game much easier to control

Oh that is sad
[doublepost=1530577501,1530577367][/doublepost]But is there a way to move my data from xbox 360 to xbox 1
Hi @RagitailJr, yes, you can upload your characters and worlds from the 360 and then download on the X1. You just can't go backwards from X1 to 360.

Greetings, Terrarians!

We know you have been anxious to see some progress on the 1.3 update for Terraria on mobile devices. Both Re-Logic and Pipeworks have also been excited to share some pre-production work that has been completed! This work focuses on the specific features and changes that are required for the Mobile version above and beyond the core codebase.

This small teaser showcases some of what users might expect to see on their mobile devices when the update comes out. This also gives us a chance to show you a little peek into the development process to those who are curious. Note that this is only intended to be sample image and is still very much “work in progress”.

View attachment 202151

This is a first-pass mockup of the new mobile UI. As you can see, the layout is similar to the PC and console versions, with some alterations to make it fit the mobile screen space. After several rounds of feedback, we have made and continue to work on polish with the User Interface. Primarily, we have tweaked a few things in the UI to be less cluttered; the icons on the left side now have a uniform background, and the menu icons on the bottom of the screen no longer have backgrounds taking up space. This is still very much work in progress, and we expect a few more tweaks to this sample image before it is finalized (with similar work going on at the same time for other parts of the UI).

We also wanted to take this opportunity to update you on our current plans since the original forum post from when we took over console & mobile development of Terraria is no longer accurate.

We’ve been working with both 505 Games & Re-Logic on updated priorities after the console launch. This includes fixing a list of bugs that are still present in the console versions and moving full-speed ahead with Switch development. Mobile development has been focused on UI design and codebase refinement thus far.

In terms of launch order and timing, the nature of game development makes this very hard to predict. Our current expectation is that the Nintendo Switch version of Terraria will launch first, with the mobile update coming out after the Switch version is completed. We are discussing ways to accelerate both paths as well. Currently, we don’t have a timeline on that, but as soon as we have more information we will make sure to share it with you guys.

We want to thank everyone for their patience and support.

The Terraria Team
[doublepost=1530663038,1530662610][/doublepost]Terraria are massive game, even PS4 and Xbox one barley handle it LOL switch and mobile the less powerful devices.
1.3.6 and 1.4 will over kill the console.
i played it on my PS4 and the PC are truly match for terraria.
I'll never invite my friends to my map, without back up save, especially for consoles lol

PS5 will do better, any ways is going to be 8 years waiting for the final terraria update Lmao

Re-logic Will There Be A Update For The 3ds I Know There Is A Lot Of Work For You Guy Like Moblie And Swich But Plz Update The 3ds For 1.0.5 To 1.3

Last edited:
Dose This Have A Impact on the 3ds Version??
[doublepost=1530816881,1530816766][/doublepost]Dose This Have A Impact on the 3ds Version?? I Need To Know Because I Have A 3ds Version

This update won't effect the 3DS version at all. The 3DS version is not receiving the 1.3 update. The content that exists in the 3DS version now will remain as is.

Also as a tip, you can use the edit button on the bottom left of your post to make changes to your post if needed. There's no need to double post, and it's best to use the edit button in cases like this.

how long until it comes out?
I am curious about this and want to stop checking the app store every day
[doublepost=1530827826,1530827707][/doublepost]also will i lose my data?

how long until it comes out?
I am curious about this and want to stop checking the app store every day
[doublepost=1530827826,1530827707][/doublepost]also will i lose my data?

Yes, I would like to know also about when the mobile version will come out
Right now the answer is someday in the future. Considering that Pipeworks is still working on polishing the PS4/XB1 versions, it's prolly going to be a long while before we see the Switch/Mobile releases.

Hi developers. İ wanna say something.i know its hard to make the mobile version. And its boring to answer these '' Where is the 1.3 update'' or ''We want 1.3 make fast'' or ''Developers forgot mobile we hate them'' questions. Last one is not real but we need a real answer like' 'we will update to 1.3 after 1 week/2 months''
They want it because humans can't wait. They always ask :)

Something to note if an item gains fishing/bait power take it out of your hotbar make sure nothing is in the slot it was in and relog

I just want you to know that the new UI is beautiful, and a vast improvement over what we have now
i must admit, i am not looking forwad to th ui as much as u, but i used to be a ios player untill they stopped bringing out updates. could look more like the 1.3 interface
sorta agree with u though
[doublepost=1530898695,1530898637][/doublepost]
Always great to get news! Glad to hear and see the progress made so far ^_^
great pic for profile pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom