Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has said crossplay will never happen. There are simply issues beyond the technical aspects at play, mostly with the console manufacturers. They have to reach some sort of agreement between themselves to allow it to become reality. So far it seems like a lot of posturing and "showcase solutions" like the Minecraft thing.

It makes no sense for Re-Logic/Pipeworks to spend time on crossplay issues that they might not be allowed to release.
Good point!

There's no reason for them not to allow cross platform at some point. I would like to see them halt content updates on pc until they can get the other platforms caught up but you people would only complain, even though they will never catch up unless they pause content updates for the pc.

I know minecraft is an entirely different game but if they can do it, why not Terraria?

"Better Together" is their saying, and I think it should be applied to Terraria as well once they get to the point where cross platform would be possible.
[doublepost=1537152646,1537152371][/doublepost]The only thing I could think of is that unfortunately minecraft is more widely known and it's owned by Microsoft which would help them get agreements with Nintendo.

Relogic would have to set up agreements with microsoft, and nintendo.

Stuck up,greedy,and picky Sony is out of the question because even Minecraft and Fortnite are having troubles with cross play on the ps4 and fortnite accounts made on the playstation 4 are also being forcibly locked down by sony when it shouldn't be their choice.

”Better Together" is their saying, and I think it should be applied to Terraria as well once they get to the point where cross platform would be possible.
Have you seen the “Better Together” update? It’s not the best.

Have you seen the “Better Together” update? It’s not the best.
I know, it's kind of weird with the fact that it pretty much is based off how mobile version was including no combat update and the UI but everything has to improve over time.

Terraria doesn't have to be like that. plus, again, cross platform features would be improved over time after initial release.

I looked back at their post for that thread and they did mention the possibility of things like crossplay but it was only brief and they said they could not guarantee anything.

I don't expect any. I play mostly on PC but I am interested in the Switch version. Just wondering if anyone had any news.

So basically there is no news? Just that the Switch version is coming before the Mobile one.

Last edited:
So basically there is no news? Just that the Switch version is coming before the Mobile one. I presume it is still 505Games doing the Switch version. I say this because only a wholly unprofessional outfit like them would be over a year behind schedule with little to no communication.
There was news about the progress in Switch version posted a little over a week ago in the last link I included. It may not be the news you want, but it’s news. If you’re looking for the “news” to be a release date, then no, there’s been no news. :)

Mobile has been waiting for an update for longer then I got the game and Nintendo switch is getting an update before the mobile does!? I cannot believe this.:merchantwhat:I might scream a little...
*puts pillow on face and screams into it*

Last edited:
I hope that the new version (1.3) that is coming to iOS still has the sync to icloud feature! I love being able to sync worlds across devices.

Hi i got a question when will terraria 1.3 come out I've been waiting for 4 years for it to come out I understand that pipework just joined in the terraria community and redo the entire game of mobile but can we get a estimated time of the 1.3 update for mobile and my 2nd question is that why is switch coming out before mobile
thank you for reading try to triply to Me asap

Hi i got a question when will terraria 1.3 come out I've been waiting for 4 years for it to come out I understand that pipework just joined in the terraria community and redo the entire game of mobile but can we get a estimated time of the 1.3 update for mobile and my 2nd question is that why is switch coming out before mobile
thank you for reading try to triply to Me asap

The latest news on the mobile, including the estimated date, can be found here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-state-of-the-game-9-14-18.72541/

The latest news on the mobile, including the estimated date, can be found here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-state-of-the-game-9-14-18.72541/
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom