Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Good username

Good username Terrarian

Hello i have a question will mobile 1.3 still be available to play on the ipad mini 2?

Thank you for reading

2. ShadowOfDarkness

ShadowOfDarkness Terrarian

They aren't quite sure what specs the new update will require yet. The goal is to make it available to as many players as it can.
    A good way to tell though, if you can still receive new, or recent iOS updates on your device, (E.G, Apple is still supporting your device) It will likely be compatible when it comes out.

3. Reverend_Killjoy

Reverend_Killjoy Terrarian

So...anywhere from 1-3 years from now, yeah?

4. Coopracorn

Coopracorn Terrarian

Omg when will it happen I've been waiting ever since the first post about 1.3 for mobile and it's not here and on top of that my computer broke so I can't play there either :(

5. NitroWolf2537

NitroWolf2537 Terrarian

What is the progress so far?

6. Peazo

Peazo Terrarian

There was a "mock up" of the interface 6 months ago, which could mean they've created an image in Paintshop, vague to say the least, with no word since. I imagine we'll see this released by end of 2019. The switch seemed to be a higher priority and as there is never any updates, it's barely on my radar anymore.

7. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

Sounds to me like the port from PC was WAY more complicated than the developer or publisher expected. I think it was pushed out too early, and sadly for good reasons probably related to public relations and financial needs. Finishing the needed polish seems have have taken a lot longer than they expected as well, and has pushed everything else back in the process. They talked like they had added more people to the developer to try and speed things up. Problem is there's a period after adding new staff where things actually slow down as you try to get the new people up to speed on how things work.

I expect that the ball will get rolling by next year and we should hopefully see releases speed up. Right now they are in a period of building a foundation for the future of the game. The more solid they make that foundation now the better things will be for future ports and patch content releases.

8. DeathDemon

DeathDemon Terrarian

The Terraria team could realise small bits of the updates at a time

Steelebourne likes this.
  9. dH

dH Terrarian

Ya

10. Slimesword09

Slimesword09 Terrarian

Do we have any further updates for this update?

11. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

That probably isn't possible. Could be financial costs involved with releasing a lot of small updates on consoles. Could also introduce bugs that the game didn't already have.
    Not yet.