Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ArrangedFire90

ArrangedFire90 Terrarian

thank you I thought it meant it was not coming to Mobile or Switch and future updates for console wont be coming

Aurora3500 likes this.
  2. Electroman102

Electroman102 Skeletron Prime

Sigh… I had already gotten up to killing Skeletron Prime on my Xbox 360. Good thing I got an Xbox 1 as well

3. Terraria guru

Terraria guru Terrarian

Do you think Terraria will be complete after 1.4 update? Will they then work on Terraria 2?

4. MineMaster_50

MineMaster_50 Terrarian

Hello! I'm playing Terraria mobile (Android) and I have a trouble. Chaos Elementals doesn't spawn! How I can solve this problem?

Attached Files:

5. Electroman102

For some reason, chaos elements are super rare and almost never spawn. I’ve experienced this too.

6. dm3

dm3 Terrarian

Yes! I am so hyped for Terraria Mobile. The new UI looks AMAZING! Can't wait for it to be released. Woo!

7. Psyche

Psyche Terrarian

YES! Finally! Geez, I've been playing mobile since 2014 and watched the game since 2012. I'm so happy to finnally see this. Also, there's a small bug in the game. Nothing crazy, or annoying. Just something that's there.

8. Electroman102

Dang dude, you are a full out Terrarian.

Terraria guru likes this.
  9. Terraria guru

Terraria guru Terrarian

Me too. I come & go in terraria. But i can honestly say that im a proud terraria addict. Its my favorite pastime. & its my favorite mobile game too. After a while most mobile games become repetitive, not terraria. The only limit in Terraria is the limit in your imagination or creativity. I love the game.

10. Terraria guru

Terraria guru Terrarian

One of the cool things I'm trying to do is to create dungeons and gauntlets that you have to go thru then face the boss (which you summon). Similar to Zelda 2 in Nes and Actraiser 2 in Snes. There's a lot of classic 2D games you can look up in YouTube for inspiration to create lots of challenging scenarios in terraria. Or you like, you can use crimson elements to make a SAW style scenario.

11. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

This should be correct - a long-missing feature from mobile should be in place once you get 1.3.

Totally understand the sentiment - as a developer, you also understand that game development is a squirrely beast in regards to making exact time estimates. PW gave one with Console 1.3 and missed it by a good margin. I think we can all understand the catch-22 of the situation there - give an estimate but if you miss it, then slammed (especially after the Console one).... or don't and get slammed for not doing so.

I think waiting until they are SURE of a date is a smarter path this time given last time. Totally know that its been a long wait for mobile folks - unfortunately, the console delays and fixing after launch tacked that on to you guys. The good news is that all of those fixes to the core/base code should play forward into a cleaner version at launch for you when it arrives. :)

LinkSans2000 likes this.
  12. Electroman102

Hey Loki?

Is turkor and lupus gonna be removed?

Please say no

13. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

I'm not Loki, but they already confirmed those bosses will be going away.

14. Electroman102

Terraria wiki isn’t sure if they’re going away

15. Ignis55

Ignis55 Skeletron Prime

If you want Lepus and Turkor they'll still be in the 3DS Edition of the game from what I understand. Nothing's been said about any further updates to that version so I think it's safe to assume that they've stopped updating it.

16. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Wiki is not an official source of information, especially regarding future releases.

Source, please?

The best information I have is that no decisions have been made regarding mobile exclusive content as of yet.

17. Warchild 4080

Warchild 4080 Terrarian

The best thing I found was to make a merged biome like Crimson or corruption with hallowed that usually makes them spawn more often

18. Phoenix798

Phoenix798 Terrarian

OMG! I am so exited! I have already beaten moon lord on my PS4 and I am so excited for the new update! Oh also one more thing. I have an amazing character who has beaten duke fishron and gotten to wave 15 of the frost moon. I am worried that she will get deleted. Will old characters be deleted when the update comes out.

19. Veramos

Veramos Terrarian

Please, release a new paid add-on! Need more content!
    For 10 dollars or for 100. It does not matter. Just give it to us!

20. LAP_City

LAP_City Terrarian

I agree the mobile version has not had an update since before the switch has even been out and still gets set on the back burner. Even if i do have the pc version its frustrating that i cant do the same on mobile.