Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source, please?

The best information I have is that no decisions have been made regarding mobile exclusive content as of yet.
Was it not confirmed that the vision for "One Terraria" was feature parity with the PC version? And that any non-PC content was being removed with the port to 1.3? Not to mention the port was being built on the 1.3.0.7 PC codebase as a start, and thus would need to actually have the mobile exclusives completely rebuilt and added back in since they don't exist in that code to begin with?

I can't think of any reason that mobile platforms would keep their exclusive non-ReLogic content when it was removed from consoles for not being up to ReLogic standards. Especially when the quality levels of the exclusive mobile content are even worse than Ocram.

If you want Lepus and Turkor they'll still be in the 3DS Edition of the game from what I understand. Nothing's been said about any further updates to that version so I think it's safe to assume that they've stopped updating it.
Yes, updates for 3DS have ended.

Was it not confirmed that the vision for "One Terraria" was feature parity with the PC version? And that any non-PC content was being removed with the port to 1.3? Not to mention the port was being built on the 1.3.0.7 PC codebase as a start, and thus would need to actually have the mobile exclusives completely rebuilt and added back in since they don't exist in that code to begin with?
Until someone from Re-Logic or Pipeworks posts that 'X is being removed from mobile', nothing is confirmed on that point. That person is not you, nor is it me.

Parity does not imply an exact duplicate copy. Some things may be different out of necessity.
I can't think of any reason that mobile platforms would keep their exclusive non-ReLogic content when it was removed from consoles for not being up to ReLogic standards. Especially when the quality levels of the exclusive mobile content are even worse than Ocram.
This is your opinion, not a confirmed fact. This is how unfounded rumors get traction. Please don't speak in definite terms on behalf of developers - you are not part of the decision process.

Mobile's an odd case indeed. My opinion/guess is for devices that CAN handle 1.3 they'll be removing the console exclusive stuff. 3DS has managed to keep these things as it's no longer being updated (as far as I know). PS Vita, PS3, and 360 are no longer being updated so they all have the console stuff as well. All I can say is only the devs have the final say on what stays or goes.

I'm not Loki, but they already confirmed those bosses will be going away.

We have not made any final decisions on Mobile-Specific content as of this point. Mobile operates quite differently in regards to things like this (in general, not just Terraria) - but it will all be reviewed as well.

As you say, quality standards - can it be improved? Is it worth keeping? etc.

Ocram and company won't be on mobile.

Always great to get news! Glad to hear and see the progress made so far ^_^
I am a Chinese player,so I just copyed what I want to say。=_=b

I can live without Ocram & co. The moon lord and lunar events are more than a fair trade. People complain about losing dragon armor, but dont see vortex/solar flare/ end game armor and weapons than makes the dragon armor seem like platinum armor. Plus you dont really lose it, it just becomes a vanity item which you can still use. It would be cool to see a relic/ statue or painting of bosses that once plagued the land & was defeated once & for all (Ocram).

They usually never remove bosses in terraria, i imagine the developers had a long debate about Ocram. A lot people like everything about the game, even the odd bosses.

This should be correct - a long-missing feature from mobile should be in place once you get 1.3.

Totally understand the sentiment - as a developer, you also understand that game development is a squirrely beast in regards to making exact time estimates. PW gave one with Console 1.3 and missed it by a good margin. I think we can all understand the catch-22 of the situation there - give an estimate but if you miss it, then slammed (especially after the Console one).... or don't and get slammed for not doing so.

I think waiting until they are SURE of a date is a smarter path this time given last time. Totally know that its been a long wait for mobile folks - unfortunately, the console delays and fixing after launch tacked that on to you guys. The good news is that all of those fixes to the core/base code should play forward into a cleaner version at launch for you when it arrives. :)

Also, I don’t know if the PW Twitter account was hacked, but I saw a tweet that said the release date was 6/15/18. Don’t know if it was true or not though. The Terraria forums were also edited. But, within the next 20 or so minutes, the release date on the forums changed back to saying 2018.

Btw, this was about a week ago.

Last edited:
Also, I don’t know if the PW Twitter account was hacked, but I saw a tweet that said the release date was 6/15/18. Don’t know if it was true or not though. The Terraria forums were also edited. But, within the next 20 or so minutes, the release date on the forums changed back to saying 2018.

Btw, this was about a week ago.

That is not true at all. It was an image showing a fake Pipeworks Tweet which Pipeworks itself did not Tweet at all. There's been no release date confirmed for Mobile or Switch at this time.

Best way to ensure if a Tweet is real is to visit Terraria's official Twitter page or Pipeworks directly.

That is not true at all. It was an image showing a fake Pipeworks Tweet which Pipeworks itself did not Tweet at all. There's been no release date confirmed for Mobile or Switch at this time.

Best way to ensure if a Tweet is real is to visit Terraria's official Twitter page or Pipeworks directly.

Thank you. I didn’t want to get hyped up for no reason.

Hey, Proto. I thought I remembered reading something similar, but, as Loki and Tunnel King have both cleared up, it was a case of false remembering. Very VERY good to know that the content is being heavily considered, as I'm sure few people like cut content. I'm excited to see what Pipeworks decides. Here's to another couple months of hype. See y'all on Switch.

We have not made any final decisions on Mobile-Specific content as of this point. Mobile operates quite differently in regards to things like this (in general, not just Terraria) - but it will all be reviewed as well.

As you say, quality standards - can it be improved? Is it worth keeping? etc.

Ocram and company won't be on mobile.
I feel like there's a disconnect between what's being said here and the announcements made in the "One Terraria" posting. The exclusives for consoles were removed because they were "stopgap" content that did not "fit with the vision for Terraria" and were made "obsolete" by patch 1.3. Are we to understand that the mobile exclusives are not in that category? That Lupus and Turkor are "a good fit or a really engaging boss fight"?

I don't unerstand why this decision is complicated. Is there something about their inclusion in mobile versions that has to do with the terms of app stores on iOS and Google Play? I just can't see any game related reason why they deserve to be included in the game but the console exclusive content and Ocram weren't good enough.

I feel like there's a disconnect between what's being said here and the announcements made in the "One Terraria" posting. The exclusives for consoles were removed because they were "stopgap" content that did not "fit with the vision for Terraria" and were made "obsolete" by patch 1.3. Are we to understand that the mobile exclusives are not in that category? That Lupus and Turkor are "a good fit or a really engaging boss fight"?

I don't unerstand why this decision is complicated. Is there something about their inclusion in mobile versions that has to do with the terms of app stores on iOS and Google Play? I just can't see any game related reason why they deserve to be included in the game but the console exclusive content and Ocram weren't good enough.

Except that not all console exclusive content was cut, correct? It was reviewed, line-by-line, sprite-by-sprite, and calls were made.

The exact same thing will happen here. My additional point is that the Mobile marketplace works VERY differently than PC or even Console - from a demographics and pragmatic perspective. Any developer would be foolish to not keep that in mind. As to what exactly that will mean or not mean for the Mobile stuff, we will see when we do that exact same review - one line at a time - on Mobile. That's really all that can be said right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom