Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jun 7, 2018.

1. MugetsuYarida

MugetsuYarida Terrarian

I gave up in the 1.3 for mobile...

now

nice

2. Alpha Strike

Alpha Strike Terrarian

I hope they also fix the spiderlings summoned from the spider staff. They de-agro when on a wall and don't cling on enemies very well.

Antioch and Terraria guru like this.
  3. Pixeroot

Pixeroot Skeletron

Yes! It’s great to here some news. Hopefully they will be done soon. Go Pipeworks!

4. fallenghost 79

fallenghost 79 Spazmatism

they don't want to give an estimated date for the fear of what happened with the console versions of 1.3 it gives them alot more time to work on the update.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 15, 2018 ---
    confused at first but you should get used to that eventually. and the wait is well worth it. it should be alot more polished than the console versions were when the update came out. expert mode hype for mobile
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    im sure a lot of people gave up on this update ever coming out but when it does come out it will be well worth it. good luck on any playthrough that you do
    just think about it this way when they get the switch version out they will have a lot more time to get the mobile version running really smoothly
    if the ui looks good now and this is only a sketch it will look really good when its done

Terraria guru and Pixeroot like this.
  5. ArrangedFire90

ArrangedFire90 Terrarian

hey Loki if you see this is terraria 1.3.X still going to happen for console after mobile and switch is released.

6. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

The plan is to bring 1.3.X update to all platforms (PS4/XB1/Mobile/Switch) once they are all at 1.3-tier.

7. ArrangedFire90

ArrangedFire90 Terrarian

thanks Loki for the info

8. Giant Porkchop

Giant Porkchop Skeletron Prime

It's not. The switch version will just be easier to make, or so pipeworks thinks, so they say it'll be finished first. I think the majority of players are more concerned about the mobile version, and I think Pipeworks should be too. I think they already are. Switch will be done first, but Mobile will get more work.
    Also, why doesn't someone just make a Unity version of Terraria?

ShilohShepherds likes this.
  9. w98434545

w98434545 Terrarian

Since you are making a mobile 1.3 I think you really should make an effort for vita because it’s hardware more than competes with mobiles. I very much enjoy the opportunity available on vita but this is a rather large expansion on the base game, I would like to see it on vita this is just one mans plea but please consider porting it to vita.

10. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Not where it matters. The Vita only has 512MB of RAM, where most modern mobile devices have 1GB or more of RAM. Since Terraria operates with everything in memory at one time, this is the reason Terraria is no longer being updated for older generation console devices.

1.3 simply doesn't fit in 512MB of RAM.

11. DragonX

DragonX Terrarian

as a Mobile and PC(Mostly) Gamer
    Noice

12. Duked

Duked Terrarian

I am so hyped for this
    have been waiting for ever

13. Colby9264

Colby9264 Terrarian

This is great and all, really it is. But can you please prioritize making the game actually work on mobile versions(constant crashing, lost saves, etc.)

14. Terraria guru

Terraria guru Terrarian

Once its updated on mobile to 1.3, is it going to be easier/ faster to port the newer updates? By that what i mean is if by august as an example the update to 1.3 comes out, how long after that will the other updates take to catch up with the PC version? (Weeks, months...) Are they going to remake the code base once 1.4 comes out or when creative mode (if they decide to add it) is added?

15. BarnacleDude12

BarnacleDude12 Terrarian

I only play mobile and I’m very excited for the new update. My only problem is the fact that I’ve been waiting for somewhat 5 months.
    ———————

Attached Files:

16. w98434545

w98434545 Terrarian

Don’t forget about the vitas vram it also should be accounted for... I think it could run it considering the old mobile devices that ran it.

17. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

It doesn’t work that way. Graphics are not the issue.

Vita was already at the breaking point with 1.2.4....

18. Dankk

Dankk Steampunker

It was said, I dont remember when, but a while ago that the future updates after 1.3 is released will be much quicker.

19. Laiser Fish

Laiser Fish Plantera

Looks awesome!!

20. LinkSans2000

LinkSans2000 Plantera

I'm pretty sure that's why it's taken so long; better to have a late, finished product that to have a broken, early product!