Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be bossy, but please focus on mobile more than Switch
Us mobile players have been waiting for three years, while Switch users only waited for a year while playing Odyssey and Breath of the Wild

Sounds like great news! I only hope complications don't arise like with Otherworld. Least it's good to know that Mobile will be getting an update.
....Eventually.

This looks great! Good job guys!

Wait, to the right, in the house the Dryad is standing in. Are those Crystal Doors, added 1.3.5?

I'm glad it's being worked on! But I'm entirely too anxious to get it on my Switch and I can't even play it on mobile anymore so that will be nice. Well I can't play my cloud save I honestly haven't tried a new game. It says something about my save being created in a newer version of Terraria and I can't play it. Then, there is no update newer. So it's kind of crazy. I can't wait for the updates!

I hope the Switch version is not exactly the Mobile version. The Switch has a lot more power.

Looking promising! I kinda hope that the new UI stuff will be backported to the console (PS4, XB1, Switch) versions too, or at least adapted for it - as I've heard the default PC UI is a bit difficult to read on a TV screen! (I'd believe it. I find it a bit awkward to use *on PC* at times.)

Who knows for now anyway. The PS4/XB1 versions could be getting brought up to 1.3.5 soon. I totally agree though. Until release we can’t really read into anything.
It has been stated by ReLogic that the order of things is Bugfix the PS4/XB1, release the Switch and then the mobile version, and then begin work on the next content patch. So no, they will not be updating to 1.3.5 anytime soon. I'd expect the next content patch will only go to 1.3.1 anyways.

All this talk is great but when will it actually come to fruition can ya at least give us a date??????????

All this talk is great but when will it actually come to fruition can ya at least give us a date??????????
That's not exactly an "at least" request given that they have stated over and over that they would rather release a fully functional update and take longer to make it then release a broken update quickly, and it's hard enough to estimate when the core of the update will be done let alone fine tuning. (I know from experience how unpredictable the timing can be as programming is a hobby of mine)

dirtlord to be honest I'm sick of reading about this and reading about that its starting to bore me I would just like a date I don't think its alot to ask

I think the PW folks have learned the hard way (as have we in the past) about dates and time estimates unless you are VERY VERY sure you can hit them.

Remember these are mockups with clear placeholders in place - so don't read too much into specifics of the images. The focus here is the UI alone - and very happy that you like it. :)

The Switch/Mobile order was - as I read it - a statement of how things look as of today. It also spoke about discussions to accelerate both paths... and then there is always the winding road that is game development (i.e. one may be ahead now, but whether or not it stays that way is up to the gamedev gods :p )

We shall see how it all plays out - and hopefully this will be the first of many progress reports the PW team can share on these versions. :)

Im mildly pissed that you chose to prioritize the newer system over the platform that has been dying for a stable build all its existence, but at least we finally have news. I am super happy that the textures and whatnot are no longer blurry, buggy and misaligned. A little sad that the crafting hasn't been made more efficient, but its a work in progress so who knows. Please look at the suggestions Ive made in the link in my signature for some opinions from a mobile veteran. ;) @ClearConscious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom