Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this, this looks really good, totally a massive improvement from the previous mobile version and a really good first impression for me even though it's just a placeholder, I'm sure my newer smartphone (Huawei P10 lite, with 4GB of ram, surely not the best, but it's something.) could handle mobile 1.3 no problem.

While I have a huge amount of appreciation for the ongoing work, I would like to express my frustration that Mobile is being prioritised below the Switch version.
I know, right? I like the work but Mobile has been released for years! You would think that they would fix it before starting on a new platform.

Am i reading too much into this picture? It seems that if the screenshot is accurate, you can choose where your NPCs can live and know where they live; like the PS4 update. This is great! The days of NPC spawning in random wierd locations are over. It also seems that you can switch to seeing the map from the inventory, which is great. Its exciting to see even if its not the final product; eventually my mobile version will be like the PS4 update :D I can't wait... Great job guys! Keep it up.

The Devil is in the details. I love the details, i don't know about crafting the piggy bank or about the crystal doors. But everything looks great. If they took some time dedicated just to improve the UI then I bet the controls, the hotbar and all the stuff us mobile terrarians complain about will be fixed as well. Which makes this update even more exciting. My wish list for mobile is to have a similar autocraft feature like in PS4, which makes placing walls and wires very easy.

The Devil is in the details. I love the details, i don't know about crafting the piggy bank or about the crystal doors. But everything looks great. If they took some time dedicated just to improve the UI then I bet the controls, the hotbar and all the stuff us mobile terrarians complain about will be fixed as well. Which makes this update even more exciting. My wish list for mobile is to have a similar autocraft feature like in PS4, which makes placing walls and wires very easy.
These screenshots are not real. They are mockups to show an idea of what they want mobile to look like in the future. These are not screen grabs of an actual copy of the update on a mobile device.

The plan is that mobile will be getting the same version of Terraria as PS4/XB1 once the bugs are stomped down a bit. So a lot of your wishes will probably come true.

I like that, but I have 2 questions. 1. Are you guys going to delete mobile exclusive content? 2. Are we going to be able to access our old items and characters from tje previous version?

I like that, but I have 2 questions. 1. Are you guys going to delete mobile exclusive content? 2. Are we going to be able to access our old items and characters from tje previous version?

1. Yes. This was confirmed in the “one terraria” post on the forum a while back.

2. Mobile exclusive content will be deleted and replaced with their equivalents. Each pet will be replaced with a gold bunny which can be put in a terrarium or sold for 10 gold.

I think the PW folks have learned the hard way (as have we in the past) about dates and time estimates unless you are VERY VERY sure you can hit them.

Remember these are mockups with clear placeholders in place - so don't read too much into specifics of the images. The focus here is the UI alone - and very happy that you like it. :)

The Switch/Mobile order was - as I read it - a statement of how things look as of today. It also spoke about discussions to accelerate both paths... and then there is always the winding road that is game development (i.e. one may be ahead now, but whether or not it stays that way is up to the gamedev gods :p )

We shall see how it all plays out - and hopefully this will be the first of many progress reports the PW team can share on these versions. :)

We understand that estimates are hard and that this is a very complicated process, it’s just that we have been waiting for this patch for three years! We just want some sort of a release date or estimate, even if it turns out to be wrong, we will still have some idea when the patch may or may not come out. As a fellow developer I understand the hard work and the time it takes to develop this kind of stuff.

Will 1.3.X still be a thing for PS4, Xbox One, Mobile, And Switch.

The updates past 1.3 will come to those game platforms eventually. After all the platforms including Switch and Mobile are setup with 1.3, Pipeworks will start working on bringing Terraria updates such as 1.3.1 up to the current release. When that will happen is still not known.

Never heard of 1.3.X

They're referring to updates such as 1.3.1 and 1.3.5. The updates that come after 1.3

The updates past 1.3 will come to those game platforms eventually. After all the platforms including Switch and Mobile are setup with 1.3, Pipeworks will start working on bringing Terraria updates such as 1.3.1 up to the current release. When that will happen is still not known.

so your working on 1.3 but was it not terminated then?

so your working on 1.3 but was it not terminated then?

I'm not a developer, I just Moderate for the Forums here. And share what has been shared from the Developers themselves & Help other members.

For your question, I'm not sure what you mean by 1.3 being terminated. Pipeworks Studio has been working on the Console & Mobile Updates for Terraria since July 2016. It's always been the plan to get the 1.3 update and beyond for Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Mobile platforms. It's just taken awhile since they've had to reset the code for the platforms to make it easier to develop for going forward and hasn't been a ton of news since they're working on it.

If you mean for the previous generation consoles, then yes, 1.3 is not coming for Platforms such as Xbox 360/Playstation 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom